XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 16, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #3,017 of 5,194
Just got the X3.
I really like it and I think it's comparable than Fiio X3 1st gen. Maybe even better, but I need few more sessions with it.

Main let down? The leather case: how the hell could you make a case totally open on one side, which let the player fall out every time you take it out of your pocket ? Did anybody found a creative solution to close the case on top? 

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #3,019 of 5,194
  Just got the X3.
I really like it and I think it's comparable than Fiio X3 1st gen. Maybe even better, but I need few more sessions with it.

Main let down? The leather case: how the hell could you make a case totally open on one side, which let the player fall out every time you take it out of your pocket ? Did anybody found a creative solution to close the case on top? 

I used the white protective foam that comes with the leather case to fill up the space between the device and the case. It fits snugly now at least wont fall out if you turn it upside down. But need to hold the top every time I put my headphone jack in. PS. I cut the white foam in a 5cm (L) x 1cm (W) x 1mm (T) and fit it on the left inner side of the case and slide it in with X3.

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #3,020 of 5,194
  Yes, this player could really use a good for fitting case ...

We all feel this pain!  I was just holding mine in my hand when it slipped right out of the case.  If the headphone cable wasn't plugged in it would have hit the floor for sure.  I've abandon'd that crapy fake leather case for a small camera case.  Ugh and I've tried doing what BoB did and the outcome was not nice.  I would post photos but its worse than the miniature cases that i made with the printer.

I need a screen protector that works.    

I've totally abandoned Rock Box and I'll try it again when its not in Beta.  My biggest problem is I can't create the default sound that come out of the box.  Has anyone been able to replicate the signature default sound in RockBox?  

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #3,022 of 5,194
Still waiting for new firmware for fixing current problem of X3 

to me pitch issue is not noticable, 

i concern most about the 1st-2nd seconds skipping bug at start of playback , this is annoying...

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #3,023 of 5,194
  Still waiting for new firmware for fixing current problem of X3 

to me pitch issue is not noticable, 

i concern most about the 1st-2nd seconds skipping bug at start of playback , this is annoying...

Agreed. This, disconnecting when copying via USB, and auto shutoff during media library update are the only real problems that need fixing.

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #3,024 of 5,194
Hi,
I have just received silver version X3.
Display is almost invisible during daylight (in room), black screen on it is too dark even with highest brightness.
Does somebody changed this black screen for something more transparent?

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #3,027 of 5,194
The case is essentially transparent.  Do you think that the plastic is so dark that it is preventing you from seeing the screen?  This is just the way it is.  It's a $100 player, I think you just have to accept the limitations of the screen technology.

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #3,028 of 5,194
  The case is essentially transparent.  Do you think that the plastic is so dark that it is preventing you from seeing the screen?  This is just the way it is.  It's a $100 player, I think you just have to accept the limitations of the screen technology.

I guess You are right, but maybe someone has checked it and can confirm.
I used some of those cheap oled displays in my projects and this one is just too dark.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #3,029 of 5,194
  I guess You are right, but maybe someone has checked it and can confirm.
I used some of those cheap oled displays in my projects and this one is just too dark.

Someone tried to remove the screen and managed to get brighter screen on this russian forum: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=157050&page=185

"Glass is completely toned three are not three that does not work. Yesterday I made ​​a completely clear out of the box for the CD. Brightness at times grew, today verified when the sun peeped outside, all perfectly readable. At work it took less than an hour, the protective film used as a template, glued to the polycarbonate, snapped stationery. knife around the edges, refined nailnikom, glued to the back of the black adhesive tape for the frame, installed a new "glass" on the double-sided tape. Native glass keeps very tight, I recommend to heat the body of the player before removing the lighter. It looks a little collective, but it was worth it."" (translated via Google)
You need to register to see the pictures on this russian forum but here they are:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back