XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 20, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #2,326 of 5,194
Ya I actually I have a Windows 10 system, with virtual box running. But iam finding it hard for Windows XP to read my card reader. And I am not conformatable enough to use virtual box. Let me try to understand how virtual box passes USB information. In the mean time I thought to apply stock firmware

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #2,327 of 5,194
Ya I actually I have a Windows 10 system, with virtual box running. But iam finding it hard for Windows XP to read my card reader. And I am not conformatable enough to use virtual box. Let me try to understand how virtual box passes USB information. In the mean time I thought to apply stock firmware

upgrade stock FW for now and don't mess with virtualbox until you understand it :)
might be easier to find an older windows.

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #2,329 of 5,194
  i have downloaded 1.1v of firmware from xduoo website.But the instruction are all in chinese. Could somebody tell me i can update the firmware

Here you go (click on the text below for a larger image):

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #2,330 of 5,194

you don't really need to pass through usb storage to it. copying the rockbox folder can be done under win10 booting x3 to stock firmware.
you can also pass the X3 rockbox bat file and drivers via a shared folder or just downloading them from the XP machine. your choice. I just happened to pass my usb drive through as well as it was easier.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/2190#post_12431778 http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/de/deaee879_settingPassThru.png

I've updated the post a bit to clarify

Mar 20, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #2,332 of 5,194
Thanks @svyr
, the guide was really helpful and i was able to upgrade to rockbox latest version. Thanks a lot for the guide

np.
oh btw, for the guide, after going through it, be sure to do the update pack as well. It looks like the .rockbox folder updates are released as separate zips to the install .rockbox folder one. http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/2310#post_12435782

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #2,333 of 5,194
Dexter22 said:
I thought i was the only person who thought the leather case was ugly!!

:wink: Ugly...? Not this one (I hope) Dexter TweiUndZwanzig... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Terrapin-Black-Genuine-Leather-Flip-Case-Blackberry-Q10-/191830970873?hash=item2caa0451f9

I find it quite elegant and it seems to be the exact size (I've compared the X3 and the Q10 measurements).

One side note though... Given the fact that the DAP is getting slightly warm while in use (the metal body acts as a heatsink) maybe, just maybe, it should not be used hermetically wrapped and definately not in a plastic cloth wrapper... and then all of this in a jeans or shirt pocket. I look at any sleeving or leather/pleather casing as a means of safe storage... and why not having an elegant storage to boot...? :D

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #2,334 of 5,194
wink.gif
Ugly...? Not this one (I hope) Dexter TweiUndZwanzig... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Terrapin-Black-Genuine-Leather-Flip-Case-Blackberry-Q10-/191830970873?hash=item2caa0451f9

I find it quite elegant and it seems to be the exact size (I've compared the X3 and the Q10 measurements).

One side note though... Given the fact that the DAP is getting slightly warm while in use (the metal body acts as a heatsink) maybe, just maybe, it should not be used hermetically wrapped and definately not in a plastic cloth wrapper... and then all of this in a jeans or shirt pocket. I look at any sleeving or leather/pleather casing as a means of safe storage... and why not having an elegant storage to boot...?
biggrin.gif

I don't know, I am not a fan of cases for anything . I believe if the manufacturer designed something in some way, its meant to be enjoyed it that way. Never had a cover for any of my phones too. What I feel using a cover is we are enjoying only the cover's feel to the end of its lifespan, not the 'alu' body or the so-called CD lines. To me to keep it naked keeps its identity. But for someone who values protection over the feel, its better to have the cover. My 3 year old FiiO really was aged, with marks..but that gave me a feeling that I used it well until I left to someone. Of course resale sucks, but by then the mint-condition players too wont sell well due to the problem of getting outdated. For instance when I got my iPhone 5, it was 600 € +, now the mint condition míght sell for 150-200. I have seen stuff worse looking than mine going out for around 130 - 150! Its subjective.

But the sticker on Xduoo looks like something different for me. As the design of the player has switches as islands here and there, I feel it too be bit plain in between. So some theme, would work for me there. But its subjective again! 

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #2,335 of 5,194
[quote="svyr"....]
np.
oh btw, for the guide, after going through it, be sure to do the update pack as well. It looks like the .rockbox folder updates are released as separate zips to the install .rockbox folder one. [/quote]

A considerable level of gratitude is owed to [COLOR=FF00AA]SVYR[/COLOR] who is complementing handsomely [COLOR=FF00AA]XVortex[/COLOR]'s hard work by helping so patiently with the Rockbox firmware installation... Well done, mate!
:beerchug:

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #2,336 of 5,194
Iam loving the music out of xduoo x3. I had heard the music without rockbox for one day , but with rock box the music seems more loud. I have to play more around the dac filter since before rock box we had only fast and slow roll off and only 0 and 6db gain. But rockbox has brought lot more options and it will take sone time to find the best combination. But rockbox was a great addition

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #2,338 of 5,194
This is what i did, Shut down the xduoo x3, go to C:/Xduoo to install the driver. Then plug back the xduoo holding the option button. Either the driver should install or ask for a install.
If there is already existing driver just point it to C:/Xduoo/Drivers to install the driver. If you still have problem, i would suggest to delete the Driver and try again or scan for hardware changes.

Also in my windows xp, the driver was displayed in the same way, i think the driver is installed and try to see if rockbox gets installed, you can always reset it

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #2,339 of 5,194
  This is what i did, Shut down the xduoo x3, go to C:/Xduoo to install the driver. Then plug back the xduoo holding the option button. Either the driver should install or ask for a install.
If there is already existing driver just point it to C:/Xduoo/Drivers to install the driver. If you still have problem, i would suggest to delete the Driver and try again or scan for hardware changes

Thanks a lot mate! But I have successfully solve the issue now after fiddling around. 

Turn out you have to click on the "Shield Icon"  "change settings" then you can update the driver from there! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back