XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 15, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #1,636 of 5,194

NUTZ
frown.gif

I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case.  Mine arrives tomorrow and already I'm disappointed. 
frown.gif

frown.gif

It dies not fit snugly, but it does fit, just with a bit more leeway 

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,637 of 5,194
  It dies not fit snugly, but it does fit, just with a bit more leeway 

Thanks, although I'm not quite sure I understand but given delivery tomorrow I'll see things for myself
normal_smile .gif

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #1,640 of 5,194
I don't have any problems with X3 :)

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #1,641 of 5,194
Feb 16, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #1,643 of 5,194
Hi Guys,

This is my first post to the forum so be gentle with me. My Xduoo X3 arrived from aliexpress last night in the gold colour with a brown leather (or fake leather) case. The enclosed screen protectors must be the worst fitting screen protector I have ever had and am considering cutting my own out of a mobile phone one as the original just would not stay attached. As an owner of a 64Gb third gen Ipod touch and an even older 80Gb Ipod classic I was after something a little different and was originally going to buy the Fiio X1 when I came across the Xduoo X3 and read a few reviews. It took around 3 weeks to arrive to the UK from aliexpress at a cost of £78.

I have also ordered via Germany a set of the cheap but respected Superlux HD681 Evo headphones but these are yet to arrive. In the absence of these arriving I used my portable Sennheiser HD219s headphones for my initial test. I set the gain to +6db and loaded up some of my flac files ripped from my own music cds using Exact Audio Copy and a cheap sub £20 USB 3.0 cd/dvd rewriter.

The first tracks in my folder were the Now 91 compilation album of the wifes and if you had asked me prior to listening to them on this player I would have discounted most of the tracks as being too modern for me.

To say I was shocked by the smile on my face and the joy the album gave me being played was an understatement. I could just hear things in the tracks that I had never heard before, the music seemed to swirl in my head and everything was just so clear. I could not believe just how different my perception of the tracks was when listened to on this. I thoroughly enjoyed every nuance and at no time did the tracks seem brash or distorted even at high volumes. I moved on to a few classic Queen and 10CC tracks and I am sorry to say a few Barbra Streisand songs and was equally impressed.

I am definitely no audiophile but I like music and this has been the best bang for the buck purchase I have ever made - it may not be perfect (what audiophile product ever is?) but to me this has been an eye opener to the 'world of the audiophile' by a complete beginner.

Best regards,

Richard

Feb 16, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,644 of 5,194
I'm new here too. Hello all.

The news from Xduoo is what I've been expecting. I kind of already knew that a software pitch fix was not a fix at all, really.  Even if they could do it, it would be like using a DSP pitch shifter which would produce audible artifacts.

No, the hardware is a fixed design with clock speed divider increments set solid in the design. I think all they can do is bring out a revised version of the hardware and abandon trying to fix the version we all have.

To compound the likely problem, I can guess that if they make a revised version of the hardware that fixes the 44.1k error, it's very likely that future firmware updates will only work correctly with the revised hardware version.

So, not only are we stuck with a duff 44.1k player, we are very likely going to be stuck with a firmware that's still not up to standard, either.

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #1,645 of 5,194
  I don't have any problems with X3 :)

Eh?????

No issues here either.

+1. No problem so far.

Well reading this, starting to doubt that I maybe got a lemon
confused.gif

May I ask you all, how loud do you listen to your x3? Cause, I have to go at least to 75 to have usable loudness on high gain, and I don't consider myself a loud listener. I seldom go higher than 50% on X2 and FiioX1 with Senn's HD598, which are fairly easy to drive. Actually, X2 is already killing on 50% while X3 (at least my unit) only starts to sound decently on 75. 

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #1,647 of 5,194
Hi

This is my first post and I am sorry that it is a question, thanks to you all for such an excellent forum.

I have bought an Xduoo X3 and have noticed two things about it and am wondering whether they are normal or if it is faulty?

1) it is quite rattly when I turn it in my hand, I don't mean via the earphones, but it sounds as if something is loose inside the player.

2) not sure if this is related, but it seems to get quite warm when playing music. Usually have it at volume of 50ish.

Anyone any ideas about this or can confirm one way or another if I have a problem?

Thanks in advance

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #1,648 of 5,194

May I ask you all, how loud do you listen to your x3?

Max at 50 on the street. In daily use 35-40. In home 10-20.

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #1,649 of 5,194
  Hi

This is my first post and I am sorry that it is a question, thanks to you all for such an excellent forum.

I have bought an Xduoo X3 and have noticed two things about it and am wondering whether they are normal or if it is faulty?

1) it is quite rattly when I turn it in my hand, I don't mean via the earphones, but it sounds as if something is loose inside the player.

2) not sure if this is related, but it seems to get quite warm when playing music. Usually have it at volume of 50ish.

Anyone any ideas about this or can confirm one way or another if I have a problem?

Thanks in advance

1) Someone earlier in the thread had the same rattle and the suggestion was to apply light pressure on the keys and see if the rattle went.

2) A few people have said their player gets warm but no one seems to have had other issues stemming from this issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back