XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 13, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,606 of 5,194
Australia. We have a multi-cultural population. So whatever language you want to learn, there's classes for it. In fact, I sit next to a native Russian speaker at work. :)

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,607 of 5,194
Australia. We have a multi-cultural population. So whatever language you want to learn, there's classes for it.

That's nice, I would have chosen Chinese(I'm Chinese so...),English(OFC) ,Spanish,Japanese, German and possibly French.

But instead here in Malaysia we have to learn MALAY (compulsory), and only have Chinese , English , Indian and other useless native languages.

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #1,608 of 5,194
Getting a little nervous about my xDuoo X3 leather case.  Got stateside in quick fashion and after 5 days in Chicago the status showed it departed the USPS facility in transit to destination.  Normally within 2 days I see status that it is in my State.  Not this time ... nada... nothing new for a week now.  Gesh 
frown.gif

blink.gif

confused.gif

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #1,609 of 5,194
  Getting a little nervous about my xDuoo X3 leather case.  Got stateside in quick fashion and after 5 days in Chicago the status showed it departed the USPS facility in transit to destination.  Normally within 2 days I see status that it is in my State.  Not this time ... nada... nothing new for a week now.  Gesh 
frown.gif

blink.gif

confused.gif

The unit for sure needs protection, hope they get some cases here in the states.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #1,610 of 5,194
Feb 14, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #1,611 of 5,194
After spending 2 days with my new unit, wanted just to add some impressions.
Short version: will probably sell it asap.
Longer version, without wanting to repeat any of the previously known bugs, I had to add another one which is a huge problem for my collection. Reset button was my best friend for the last 2 days, x3 crashing at least 30-40 times until I found out why. I have a collection of 24/96 and 24/192 classical music files, which were the main reason of buying the x3 for its' generous 2x128gb slots. Some of them are bought on Qobuz, HDtracks and some self-ripped vinyls. Whenever I chose any of these big files, x3 would immediately crash and shut off without any button reaction possible. Only way to revive it, was using the reset button. After new start the player will show the crashed file as 16/44,1.
But then again, some of the hi rez files would play without any issues, some jazz and rock files.....so I was wondering was this behavior random or was there some pattern. Until I found out, that the file size is the main problem. Any files bigger than 300 or 400mb, which is typical for symphonic movements would crash, while the shorter jazz/pop/rock songs which were less than 200mb would play without any trouble.
To resume, with this firmware version x3 is not able to play any big hi rez file, causing it to crash immediately. As it's said that x3 uses the same chip as Fiio's X1, and with X1 I don't have any problem playing the same files, from the same micro-sd cards, I do hope this could be fixed by the next firmware. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #1,612 of 5,194
After spending 2 days with my new unit, wanted just to add some impressions.
Short version: will probably sell it asap.
Longer version, without wanting to repeat any of the previously known bugs, I had to add another one which is a huge problem for my collection. Reset button was my best friend for the last 2 days, x3 crashing at least 30-40 times until I found out why. I have a collection of 24/96 and 24/192 classical music files, which were the main reason of buying the x3 for its' generous 2x128gb slots. Some of them are bought on Qobuz, HDtracks and some self-ripped vinyls. Whenever I chose any of these big files, x3 would immediately crash and shut off without any button reaction possible. Only way to revive it, was using the reset button. After new start the player will show the crashed file as 16/44,1.
But then again, some of the hi rez files would play without any issues, some jazz and rock files.....so I was wondering was this behavior random or was there some pattern. Until I found out, that the file size is the main problem. Any files bigger than 300 or 400mb, which is typical for symphonic movements would crash, while the shorter jazz/pop/rock songs which were less than 200mb would play without any trouble.
To resume, with this firmware version x3 is not able to play any big hi rez file, causing it to crash immediately. As it's said that x3 uses the same chip as Fiio's X1, and with X1 I don't have any problem playing the same files, from the same micro-sd cards, I do hope this could be fixed by the next firmware. 

Can you please share the file which crashes so I can test it on my X3 and tell you whether your unit is faulty or not?

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #1,614 of 5,194

Sure, many thanks. Will upload it to my cloud account (it takes some time). 
beerchug.gif

No problem mate! Yeah, you are right. My X3 also crashed when I tried to play that song and I had to reset it. But I found a solution for playing that song on X3. I don't know which worked but here is what I did.

I  changed the song's name by deleting "-" characters and removed the tags on foobar2000 then tagged again by pressing tagging menu and I selected "get tags from freedb". I also converted to 24bıt WAV which increased the size to 736 mb. Now they all play flawlessly. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #1,615 of 5,194

No problem mate! Yeah, you are right. My X3 also crashed when I tried to play that song and I had to reset it. But I found a solution for playing that song on X3. I don't know which worked but here is what I did.

I  changed the song's name by deleting "-" characters and removed the tags on foobar2000 then tagged again by pressing tagging menu and I selected "get tags from freedb". I also converted to 24bıt WAV which increased the size to 736 mb. Now they all play flawlessly. 
beerchug.gif

Thanks a lot mate!
beerchug.gif

This one I bought from Qobuz, and have literary hundreds of these kind. Will try with renaming it, hope that works.
I don't have a foobar, since being on OS X, but will look for alternative programs for Mac. I use Swinsian which has manual tagging, but am not aware of automatic freedb retagging function. On manual tagging, it will take me a month 
rolleyes.gif

On another note, does your option button stand out at the same level as power and home/back buttons? Cause, my option button since to be more recessed, deeper inside than other 2. It works perfectly, it's only a question of cosmetic.
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #1,616 of 5,194

Thanks a lot mate!
beerchug.gif

This one I bought from Qobuz, and have literary hundreds of these kind. Will try with renaming it, hope that works.
I don't have a foobar, since being on OS X, but will look for alternative programs for Mac. I use Swinsian which has manual tagging, but am not aware of automatic freedb retagging function. On manual tagging, it will take me a month 
rolleyes.gif

On another note, does your option button stand out at the same level as power and home/back buttons? Cause, my option button since to be more recessed, deeper inside than other 2. It works perfectly, it's only a question of cosmetic.
beerchug.gif

Option button on mine is at the same level with the rest.
wink.gif
 Please keep us posted about renaming and tagging.

Btw, I tried renaming and it definitely doesn't work. I guess foobar is the key to play big files. 
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #1,617 of 5,194

beerchug.gif

Trying to figure out what causes crashing on some files and on some not, although they are from the same source.
If we rule out the size of the file, as you said you've been playing 736 mb successfully, and renaming doesn't solve the problem, the only difference I found between the files is the length of the artist/album tags. On crashing files, album and/or artist tags are very long, and probably x3 can't process that, causing to crash. Will need some more time to make it proven, or I might wait for the new firmware. Already wrote an e-mail to xduoo's support.

Edit: OK, found it 
wink.gif
. I took one crashing file and one normal playing, and switched the title tags. After tagging the ex-crasher with the shorter tag it worked like a charm. And after tagging the previously normal playing file with the the crasher's title, it crashed the X3 immediately. The mystery solved is that X3 can not handle overlong titles. This were default title tags, as I bought this files on Qobuz. Now going to retag/shorten some 1000+ files.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #1,619 of 5,194

Trying to figure out what causes crashing on some files and on some not, although they are from the same source.
If we rule out the size of the file, as you said you've been playing 736 mb successfully, and renaming doesn't solve the problem, the only difference I found between the files is the length of the artist/album tags. On crashing files, album and/or artist tags are very long, and probably x3 can't process that, causing to crash. Will need some more time to make it proven, or I might wait for the new firmware. Already wrote an e-mail to xduoo's support.

Edit: OK, found it 
wink.gif
. I took one crashing file and one normal playing, and switched the title tags. After tagging the ex-crasher with the shorter tag it worked like a charm. And after tagging the previously normal playing file with the the crasher's title, it crashed the X3 immediately. The mystery solved is that X3 can not handle overlong titles. This were default title tags, as I bought this files on Qobuz. Now going to retag/shorten some 1000+ files.

If it makes you feel any better, many of us have had to do weird and wonderful things to get files working on our DAPs. Indeed I am having to rename files/tags at the moment for my Hidizs AP100. If i create a playlist file (m3u file) and come across a non english character (such as Björk) it won't play. This is more to do with m3u file limitations rather than the AP100. I have to change Björk to Bjork (both file and tags) and then the file plays fine in a m3u environment. So I am having to look for these 'special' characters in all my collection in files and tags to ensure they playback fine when using m3u's. This is just one of those unforeseen DAP complications imo.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,620 of 5,194
frown.gif

blink.gif

confused.gif

Surpise!  Surprise!  Just got a USPS email update that the package arrived in Sioux Falls, SD today.  Dayum!  Took a week to get there from Chicago. 
Anyhow that means I ought to have the case in hand Tuesday late afternoon.  <fingers crossed>

Will post pix and comment about fitment once in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back