XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Dec 31, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #961 of 5,194
What bugs me though is how you have to press so many buttons just to go to the now playing screen. For example, I like to browse different folders while listening so I can change albums or songs, but if I want to pause the current song, I need to keep pressing back until I reach the home screen,then I need to press a few buttons to get to now playing. It would be better if I could get to the home screen/now playing screen by holding the back button for a few seconds. This would be a great feature especially for people with lots of folders.

Concur.   And add the long push versus a short for the same button and for this old man navigation becomes somewhat convoluted.  I'd guess the multiple pushes and dual use is the price paid for so few buttons on the X3. :)

And j0p3Y, your mentioning the velvet pouch that came with your earphones reminded me that my VSonic VSD3s did as well.  (I use a small Celestial Seasonings tea tin to store the earphones in, so the pouch is unused.)   Sure enough a better fit than the larger Grey Flannel pouch although about 3/8" short so that the very top of the X3 peaks out.  No biggie though.  Thanks :)

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #962 of 5,194
Anyone try those Miyavix Japanese made XDuoo X3 screen protectors being sold on Amazon (2 for $9.99)?

Dec 31, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #963 of 5,194
Unfortunately a sample of a custom made tempered glass protector for the X3 will cost $35 because of high shipping cost. Hmm. Buying in large amounts (>100) is quite cheap per piece though..
If only I knew how many I would sell :)

On a audio technical part.. When I play from a folder, the first second of the first song is muted/half-muted. When I skip back, it is played correctly. I think prebuffering would help, a thing that also should be fixed in firmware if possible.

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #967 of 5,194
Hello,

Can anyone please confirm if the XDuoo in the following link is "legit"? 

http://www.amazon.de/Andoer%C2%AE-JZ4760B-HD%C2%A0Format-Verlustfreier-Unterst%C3%BCtzung/dp/B017K2QRTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451665594&sr=8-1&keywords=xduoo+x3

If it is legit, anyone had experience doing business with "Andoer"?

Thank you!

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #968 of 5,194
Hello,

Can anyone please confirm if the XDuoo in the following link is "legit"? 

http://www.amazon.de/Andoer%C2%AE-JZ4760B-HD%C2%A0Format-Verlustfreier-Unterst%C3%BCtzung/dp/B017K2QRTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451665594&sr=8-1&keywords=xduoo+x3

If it is legit, anyone had experience doing business with "Andoer"?

Thank you!

Hello,
a happy new year to everyone.
I bought my X3 two months ago there. It is "legit" and it all worked very well. No problems with "Andoer". I hope it helps.
Andreas

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #969 of 5,194
i have, its ok, it comes from china to netherlands, then to you. mine took bit less than a month to arrive due to christmas.

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #970 of 5,194
   These, nice find, on their way!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01919XIEA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Looks like you grabbed the last ones as they've been listed as "unavailable" since you posted you bought them.  They are in stock on both the Japanese Amazon and Miyavix sites.   I only hesitated ordering them because the description recommends monthly replacement.

BTW my old Brando Palm TX protectors, that I cut down to fit the X3,  proved unusable as they had become dried out and brittle from age. 

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #971 of 5,194
While I truly enjoy both my VSD3s and Techne's I gotta say that the synergy between the Techne (w/purple aka neutral / smooth filters) and the X3 has proved for me to be my best combination. Excellent non-fatiguing SQ!   This from someone who immensely enjoys HD600s powered by a Schiit stack (Modi2/Vali). (Been favoring HD580/modded HD580/HD600 cans since 1993!)  This is NOT to say they rival the Senn/Schiit setup :)   As an aside Brooko put the Techne in the same league with the Havi B2 Pro1 that quite a few X3 owners seem to own.

And yes I can detect the pitch issue but do my best to ignore it.  That said the sooner XDuoo comes up with a firmware fix, or better yet Rockbox is available, the better!

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #972 of 5,194
You can add flac support in Windows media player

I know Windows 10 media player has flac support but if you are like me and still using Windows the media player does not support flac.  But you can add flac codec support using a free plugin called madFlac.  Just download it and unzip it to a folder and then run the exe file.  I can now play flac files in Windows 7 media player without any problems

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #973 of 5,194
Will the AMP in the X3 be able to power an HE-6 to moderate listening levels? I'm not saying it's a substitute for a good speaker amp for the HE-6, but can it be used for a portable setup? 

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #974 of 5,194
Will the AMP in the X3 be able to power an HE-6 to moderate listening levels? I'm not saying it's a substitute for a good speaker amp for the HE-6, but can it be used for a portable setup? 

Most probably no. I've once tried it with an HE-400i and I have to crank it to the max just to get a decent volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back