XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 20, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #511 of 5,194
Thanks Kova
smily_headphones1.gif
I usually repeat songs so shouldn't be too bad. I probably have one of the early batches of the x2 so I have to hit buttons twice sometimes to get the click to register so hearing that the x3 UI is snapier is good news. I've been eyeing the Fiio m3 as well. However, I know I like the xduoo sound and have no idea about the Fiios.

Well, I'll be picking the M3 too just coz I like small DAPs and want to hear myself how it fares. 

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #512 of 5,194
I'm really interested. Owning the x2 and liking everything except for the UI/navigation and the clickiness of the buttons (chronic song changer and don't want to annoy others on public transport), is the UI of the X3 easier to use? For those that own both, are the buttons as noisy?

Thanks!

I own both and the x3 buttons are softer to the press and snappy ui compared to the x2. This is ok on the x3 as it has a dedicated lock switch so does not have to have stiff buttons.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #514 of 5,194
  Thank you H20Fidelity!
I have xDuoo for several weeks and very happy with this little jukebox 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yesterday did listen to compare X3, iPod (Rockboxed) and HTC One (w/Neutron) and my conclusion is that I like xDuoo even more, after listening to the same tracks on all of them, today want only X3 - it`s much more "musical" to my taste at contemporary classical and jazz recordings.
What I want in X3 is crossfeed, because of too much separation of channels in old jazz recordings.
We could make a feedback as a list of wishes in future firmwares for X3.

Excellent, I'm glad this worked out well for you, Romis.

beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #515 of 5,194
Nov 20, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #516 of 5,194
Guys, I just got my X3 yesterday. I'm trying to find the gain settings but could not seem to find it.
All I got in my "Settings" menu are:
Language
Update media library
Auto update library
Brightness
Led off
Auto power off
Sleep timer
Reset all settings
System information
Upgrade

Please help!

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #517 of 5,194
It has been only a month that i got my xduoo x3 from a local supplier in Turkey.  Although i loved the sound, i can not say same thing for the quality of the material.

The back cover is not fully attached to the player that there is a tiny gap between back cover and the player. When you press back cover from the screen side,you hear the noise and the movement of the back cover. The play button is not sensitive and its kind of stucked that you can not push or press it which i realized 2 weeks ago but i thougt it was not an important issue.. However the prev button is also stucked and became unpressable or pushable yesterday. Moreover, the player is not working anymore on thay day. I plugged it to charge the player. Guess what smile emoticon the player is not working and could not able to open it. Even though i tried to charge it with severeal different charger cables, i could not make it work.

I contacted with the supplier to fix that problem and i will keep you guys updated about the situation. I also will update the post with supporting video and photos.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #518 of 5,194
Guys, I just got my X3 yesterday. I'm trying to find the gain settings but could not seem to find it.
All I got in my "Settings" menu are:
Language
Update media library
Auto update library
Brightness
Led off
Auto power off
Sleep timer
Reset all settings
System information
Upgrade

Please help!

When you're at the now playing screen press the 'menu button' this should bring up the gain settings (and other features)

It has been only a month that i got my xduoo x3 from a local supplier in Turkey.  Although i loved the sound, i can not say same thing for the quality of the material.

The back cover is not fully attached to the player that there is a tiny gap between back cover and the player. When you press back cover from the screen side,you hear the noise and the movement of the back cover. The play button is not sensitive and its kind of stucked that you can not push or press it which i realized 2 weeks ago but i thougt it was not an important issue.. However the prev button is also stucked and became unpressable or pushable yesterday. Moreover, the player is not working anymore on thay day. I plugged it to charge the player. Guess what smile emoticon the player is not working and could not able to open it. Even though i tried to charge it with severeal different charger cables, i could not make it work.

I contacted with the supplier to fix that problem and i will keep you guys updated about the situation. I also will update the post with supporting video and photos.

You need to have your unit replaced, please return and let us know once you receive a new one.

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #520 of 5,194
  I ordered a silver X3 yesterday from Aliexpress. Unfortunately,  I will not use it until Christmas because although I am a grown man with children, I had my parents get it for me so I could avoid the wrath of my wife: ) She does not listen to music and does not understand my tech\audio fetish. Anyway, I am interested in seeing how it pairs with my headphones like my AKG K280 Parabolics and UE TF10s.

I totally understand the situ with the Mrs. I just snuck my new X3 past mine. At least once a week I hear, "I can't believe you're listening to an MP3 player. You're not a kid anymore."

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #522 of 5,194
I got my gold X3 on Thursday and have been playing it day and night since then. I like the airy but punchy sound signature it has with my DT2s and my ie80s. It is very clean and almost analytical with my new T2Es. I haven't gotten to any of my full size cans yet. This DAP has a lot of power and I bet it can drive most any cans out there. If it can drive my K612 Pros without help, I'll be in hog heaven! I've used it with my Mont Blanc E12A amp and the amp actually compressed the sound stage perceptibly with the DT2s and ie80s. So far, it hasn't needed any assistance from an external amp

The "fit & finish" of my Fiio X1 is more aesthetically pleasing than the X3 and it feels more solid also... More refined, too. I can see a couple of firmware upgrades needed for the X3, including gapless support. As initially shipped, the fw is fairly minimalist in nature. Somewhat raw... but the DAP is powerful. And it sounds great, even if a couple of the edges on it feel kinda sharp.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #523 of 5,194
I got my gold X3 on Thursday and have been playing it day and night since then. I like the airy but punchy sound signature it has with my DT2s and my ie80s. It is very clean and almost analytical with my new T2Es. I haven't gotten to any of my full size cans yet. This DAP has a lot of power and I bet it can drive most any cans out there. If it can drive my K612 Pros without help, I'll be in hog heaven! I've used it with my Mont Blanc E12A amp and the amp actually compressed the sound stage perceptibly with the DT2s and ie80s. So far, it hasn't needed any assistance from an external amp

The "fit & finish" of my Fiio X1 is more aesthetically pleasing than the X3 and it feels more solid also... More refined, too. I can see a couple of firmware upgrades needed for the X3, including gapless support. As initially shipped, the fw is fairly minimalist in nature. Somewhat raw... but the DAP is powerful. And it sounds great, even if a couple of the edges on it feel kinda sharp.

Is the case on the Fiio x1 made of plastic or metal? I can't tell from the photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back