XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #376 of 5,194
LOL. The whole point of the past page was that the X3 doesn't have any EQ.

Sorry for my wording not being accurate. I am glad that made you smile. I meant to say "X3 will likely have simple style EQ per Xduoo. So if you hate it, then don't use it. If you like it, enjoy it.That is all, why waste so much time and page space on it".

And since X3 does not currently have any EQ, it is really out of topic and not worth such long discussion repeatly herein.

Nov 7, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #377 of 5,194
I just received my XDuoo X3 from Penon Audio! I wish to thanks them as i was unable to complete my checkout on the first batch because by mistake the X3 was in stoch on their site: after i e-mailed them about the problems they were so kind to reserve one unit for me on the second batch!

Coming to the player, i'm using it with two 128 GB SanDisk MicroSD without any problem: i just inserted them and my 200 GB music collection was stored into the library (so far, even if the second microsd is only half-full, more then 21000 files went into the index and i can play them in Random Mode without any problem at all!).. It's a pity that a true Random Mode is missing in the little brother XDuoo X2!

I tried with the player just a few of my IEM and it plays really well with T-Peos Altone 200, Pioneer DJE-1500, Havi B3 Pro Old version and MOE SS01: i will test more IEM later this week. Instead i find my DUNU Titan 1 a little harsh with X3.

Owning also FiiO X3 and Fiio X3-II, i find the player excellent: a few less details then FiiO X3-II but more fun to listen!

At a price tag of $ 110 it's a real bargain!

Well, someones happy with thier new toy! :D

in the morning, (well, It is the morning). In the afternoon when I awake from my Saturday night forum clubbing I shall add your impressions to the first post! You will be famous! With kova4a and all the rest of the XDuoo X3 owners.

Might I say your loading two 128gb into XDuoo X3 without ANY problems proves how stable the launch firmware is.

Nov 7, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #378 of 5,194
Not sure if this is just me but I have a 32gb class 4 card only in my X3 as when I changed my hard drive i decided to ditch all my Flac files as I wanted an excuse to rip them again but this time using Windows media player on Windows 10. I love locating and ripping the CDs as its an excuse to handle them. 
Track off of one of my CD's is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3QoD6wiDI cant help but love it!!

*note* I have tried to correct my bad grammar so sorry about that but its a known flaw!

Nov 7, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #379 of 5,194
Well, someones happy with thier new toy!
biggrin.gif

in the morning, (well, It is the morning). In the afternoon when I awake from my Saturday night forum clubbing I shall add your impressions to the first post! You will be famous! With kova4a and all the rest of the XDuoo X3 owners.

Might I say your loading two 128gb into XDuoo X3 without ANY problems proves how stable the launch firmware is.

Yes, i'm really happy!
biggrin.gif

...but i tought it was all about "Passion" (Hi-Fi Passion, actually!) and not about "Glory & Fame"!
wink_face.gif

By the way... I'm from Italy and here is evening...

Ciao!

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #381 of 5,194
I just received my X3 this morning and I am impressed; the fit, finish and sound are those of a higher-end player. The soundstage is very wide and spacious and free from any rough edges or unpleasantness. The other notable and unexpected point is the ergonomics; the X3 fits very nicely in the hand and what appears to be a fairly arbitrary button layout is actually a very smart design feature. When held in the right hand it allows the thumb to comfortably sweep in an arc across the keys.

But, I am surprised that it doesn't have gapless playback...... hopefully in the next FW...

4 hours later..... Wow, the 3D soundscape this inexpensive little box delivers is incredible.

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #382 of 5,194
Yeah, gapless, its more important than EQ..one can alter with headphones selection, at least

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #383 of 5,194
I have found that the FiiO 3X 2 has a S/PIF out while the XDuoo X3 has only a standard lineout. Does this mean that I can do a digital connection with the FiiO for better sound through my Marantz SR7008?

Sorry for the bother but this could be a deal breaker for me as I need the player for the gym and my HT setup.

Thanks

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #384 of 5,194
I have found that the FiiO 3X 2 has a S/PIF out while the XDuoo X3 has only a standard lineout. Does this mean that I can do a digital connection with the FiiO for better sound through my Marantz SR7008?

Sorry for the bother but this could be a deal breaker for me as I need the player for the gym and my HT setup.

Thanks

The SPDIF input means that you can use the X3-2 as a DAC for other sources. I don't think it has a SPIDF output which is what you'd want, correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Both the FiiO and xDuoo have a lineout though.

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #385 of 5,194
Hello,

I'm pretty new with "quailty music listening". I only have xDuoo X2 and Musiland 04 MX DAP/DAC and Piston 3 and Ostry KC06 IEM. An AKG K550 is on its way to me.
I've read the thread since half+ year, and I'm really impressed and excited about this new xDuoo DAP, so I want to ask if its worth to buy this player?
I mean would it be a great improvement compared to my current x2? (I use the 04mx as a DAC with T&V Kürbis for my PC)
And how does it fit to my iems/headphone mentioned above?

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #386 of 5,194

Yes - I think I will have to forego the XDuoo and try and get something with a S/PIF out like the FiiO 3 2nd to get the benefit for my home theater receiver.

I have quite an elaborate HT setup and it would be nice to incorporate my Digital Audio Player with it.

Thanks for the input.

Emmett

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #387 of 5,194
The SPDIF input means that you can use the X3-2 as a DAC for other sources. I don't think it has a SPIDF output which is what you'd want, correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Both the FiiO and xDuoo have a lineout though.

The original X3 has coaxial output and I'm pretty sure thats the case with the 2 gen as well.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #388 of 5,194
The original X3 has coaxial output and I'm pretty sure thats the case with the 2 gen as well.

Yep, that's correct. I had a look afterwards. Its the FiiO E17 that has SPDIF in via COAX and optical. The X3 only has DAC in via USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back