XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Oct 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #77 of 5,194
  Gain and DAC toggles count for EQ

This proves their intention to build a hifi dap like much more expensive ones.

Yeah... 
wink.gif

They just find out it is difficult to put in the EQ function in their linux, but they are still working on it. So stay tuned :)

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #78 of 5,194
Got mine. Very impressive except soundstage. But that's out of box impression. But I cannot compare since I have no other DAP. But compared to my budgeted DAC, I like this SQ: very clean and bright sound

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #79 of 5,194
Mine arrived early this morning.

Plugged my 32GB card in and was playing my 16/44 FLAC files no problem. It does indeed look a little like a TV remote control in the hand, but the build quality feels nice, around the same levels as the XDuoo X2.

Using Fidue A83 the sound is quite clean and relatively detailed. (a little more than FiiO X3II) The tonality is quite neutral  with just a touch of smoothness around the mids which combines with some clean refinement. Soundstage is quite wide too at time. 

Let me settle in and I'll return with some more thoughts.

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #80 of 5,194
  Mine arrived early this morning.

Plugged my 32GB card in and was playing my 16/44 FLAC files no problem. It does indeed look a little like a TV remote control in the hand, but the build quality feels nice, around the same levels as the XDuoo X2.

Using Fidue A83 the sound is quite clean and relatively detailed. (a little more than FiiO X3II) The tonality is quite neutral  with just a touch of smoothness around the mids which combines with some clean refinement. Soundstage is quite wide too at time. 

Let me settle in and I'll return with some more thoughts.

Anticipating! Whatever, it's no beat for its value. I saw many reviews said it's obvious better than Fiio X1 and basically on par with Fiio X3II.

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #82 of 5,194
I don't have CK4 any longer.

1) There are few things I don't hear which others have already described. I don't hear bass being rolled-off, at least not to an extent its easily detectable. Maybe other players have more texture and impact but I've tested with the 11ohm Fidue A83 and cannot hear anything damaging personally.

2) Because X3 has two gain modes this might answer some questions. When X3 player is +6db mode despite 'just being louder' it seems to have better drive authority than low gain, this also makes the sound quite a bit more detailed imo. Meaning low gain can sound a little soft or under powered and this is with the quite sensitive Fidue A83.

3) I'll say at the moment for $110 USD worth, you're getting a player around DX50 levels and imo a cleaner more detailed sound than FiiO X3II just in sound alone.

Once I settle in and play with it, search for bugs etc, I'll report back.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #83 of 5,194
Guys need help here, i just recieved my x3 unit, just filled my sd card with flac and dsf files and put it in the x3. 
now my problem is this, the x3 plays flac files just fine, but it wont recognise the dsf files i put in, it keep saying no files inside the folder which i stored the dsf files.
can anybody help me solve this problem?

thanks very much in advance

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #86 of 5,194
  Guys need help here, i just recieved my x3 unit, just filled my sd card with flac and dsf files and put it in the x3. 
now my problem is this, the x3 plays flac files just fine, but it wont recognise the dsf files i put in, it keep saying no files inside the folder which i stored the dsf files.
can anybody help me solve this problem?

thanks very much in advance

it plays dff, dsf dont work for me either. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #89 of 5,194
Nobody knows when. They will add EQ, when they figure out how to do it.

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #90 of 5,194
I was just saying to someone a few thoughts about XDuoo X3.

I think it sounds good, certainly competent for its price range, it does keep up with the more expensive FiiO X3II from some basic tests I've done, especially when it comes to vibrancy and a 'cleaner sound'. Its almost like FiiO X3II (which I've mentioned) has softer tone, but it does add some smoothness on top of that, almost like a small amount of colour/warmth which adds some texture or coloration. For me, I prefer a more vibrant sound (my natural preference has always been bright)

But in saying the above I feel XDuoo aimed for a straight down the line approach. Meaning the budget set aside for development and research has been concentrated on both features and sound rather than something purely focused on sound only (usually what majority Chinese players do). And for $110 I believe X3 is the first player to support dual micro sd card slots and this much file support etc. And its great to see a Chinese company finally focus on both.

I've no problems yet with any bugs, the firmware seems stable (so far) and this is what I'm talking about, pulling a 'complete' package together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back