XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jul 19, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #4,546 of 5,194
Thanks! I am charging it right now with a 2A wall charger, and it's not scorching hot anymore and stays relatively cool to the touch. I see the battery bar has increased as well, so it looks like it's charging.

Strange, you'd think that using a usb port from a macbook (800mah) should actually cool it down some, since the current is way less than the 2000mah from the wall adapter.

Mine is the opposite, it is cool when used with a 0.5A charger, but with my 2.0A charger it runs too hot (unless it is winter temperatures).

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #4,547 of 5,194
Mine is the opposite, it is cool when used with a 0.5A charger, but with my 2.0A charger it runs too hot (unless it is winter temperatures).

The X3 is just plain weird. :p I have no idea if the battery is the culprit, or an element on the PCB. I'm thinking of doing a battery swap with the spare one Penon has available. I like tinkering so I'm not too bothered by the whole ordeal.

On a brighter note; I'm seriously impressed by the X3's sound quality. It sounds so spacious and transparent compared to my Sansa, Cowon and Sony daps. It's like listening to a nice dac on my computer. It doesn't even need a portable amp for my IEMs. The Vsonic GR07 CC sounds fantastic straight out of the headphone-out. I've also used it with my Sennheiser HD600 and Objective2 amp and that sounds stellar as well. Best $50 I ever spent on an audio upgrade. It's up there with the Stoner Acoustics UD110 dac, Objective2 amplifier and Hifiman Re400 IEMs in the bang-for-your-buck chart, if you ask me. :)

Jul 21, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #4,548 of 5,194
My discounted X3 from Tomtop has arrived and it's charging right now. :)

Jul 21, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #4,550 of 5,194
£39 in all. :)

Jul 21, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #4,552 of 5,194
I used the coupon HXFXDU60 at checkout, maybe it still works.

Jul 22, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #4,553 of 5,194
My discounted X3 from Tomtop has arrived and it's charging right now. :)

Hi there,greetings from Thailand.

I ordered my X3 from TOMTOP too on 2017-07-16 02..it's still in "processing"mode.It's supposedly beeing shipped from the China Warehouse..so far nada..I don't worry to much cause i paid thrue PayPal..but still.How long did it take from placeing your order until you got it?

Thanks for reading..Have a blessed muscial day :wink:My X3 that i have today,my first one that i bought,i've pared with Fioo Fiio EX1II IME:s,sounds very nice indeed.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #4,554 of 5,194
Hi, I ordered on the 7th of July, it took about a week before they notified me of shipping and I received it in the UK yesterday. That's about 14 days in all which is quite good (by Gearbest/Aliexpress standards).

Jul 22, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #4,555 of 5,194
Hi, I ordered on the 7th of July, it took about a week before they notified me of shipping and I received it in the UK yesterday. That's about 14 days in all which is quite good (by Gearbest/Aliexpress standards).

Thanks brother for your swift replye..Have a nice day :)

Jul 22, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #4,556 of 5,194
Hi there,greetings from Thailand.

I ordered my X3 from TOMTOP too on 2017-07-16 02..it's still in "processing"mode.It's supposedly beeing shipped from the China Warehouse..so far nada..I don't worry to much cause i paid thrue PayPal..but still.How long did it take from placeing your order until you got it?
What shipping options did you chose? Standard, Expedited, or Priority? I also live somewhere in Southeast Asia (not in Thailand, somewhere else :p), and I'm planning to buy an X3 from Tomtop sometime.

I used the coupon HXFXDU60 at checkout, maybe it still works.
Just checked that coupon code and it still works ATM.

BTW, congrats on receiving your discounted X3 from Tomtop! Now I'm gaining confidence to buy from that store, since before, I've read some bad things regarding Tomtop here at Head-Fi.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #4,557 of 5,194
Hi can someone please suggest I am confused between this and colorfly c3.I am looking for natural sounding player with wide soundstage.I am coming from sandisk sansa fuze and would prefer that kind of sound signature.

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #4,558 of 5,194
What shipping options did you chose? Standard, Expedited, or Priority? I also live somewhere in Southeast Asia (not in Thailand, somewhere else :p), and I'm planning to buy an X3 from Tomtop sometime.

Just checked that coupon code and it still works ATM.

BTW, congrats on receiving your discounted X3 from Tomtop! Now I'm gaining confidence to buy from that store, since before, I've read some bad things regarding Tomtop here at Head-Fi.

Standard shipping = 0 Bath..and i'm retired so i can wait ..no problem at all :wink:

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #4,560 of 5,194
Hi can someone please suggest I am confused between this and colorfly c3.I am looking for natural sounding player with wide soundstage.I am coming from sandisk sansa fuze and would prefer that kind of sound signature.
Coming from Sandisk Sansa Fuze (I also used to have this 4 years ago, until it broke on mine and the battery became bloated :frowning2: ), you should go for xDuoo X3, of course. Most reviews I've read said that it has definitely have a wide soundstage, in which I quite agree (YMMV though, since we all have different degrees of hearing). Also, X3 is also able to have Rockbox installed unlike Colorfly C3; installing Rockbox is definitely recommended (a must, if you will), and is a big step-up from the stock firmware (that has a lot of issues).

After applying coupon price drops to 58 but when you go to payment page it shows 117 dollars why?
Strange. On my order summary, it shows the discounted price. Hmmm... :thinking:
Standard shipping = 0 Bath..and i'm retired so i can wait ..no problem at all:wink:
I guess I'm not gonna take the risk and I'll choose either Expedited or Priority Shipping instead, since postal service at my country isn't that reliable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back