XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jun 24, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #3,496 of 5,194
@LanzoThunder Massdrop has Mee Audio M-Duo for $29.99, retail is $79.99 so not a bad deal at all.
I haven't heard them but reviews seem to indicate they're pretty good.

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #3,498 of 5,194
Hello ! I see you here again arguing about firmware and see the confusion on time . So you know that the first game player stood a battery of 1500 mAh , this year xDuoo has released a new batch with a battery of 2000 mAh the new version of the player, the other icons on the housing . So you have so different readings work time . Old player with 1500 mAh plays a little more than 9 hours , the new player with 2000 mAh player plays more than 12 hours . While working on the original firmware and rockbox the same , I personally measured .

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #3,500 of 5,194

Would you post the logs from rockbox and the runtime in the original firmware?

did the measurements for yourself and any logs not recorded . The measurements made on the stopwatch on your smartphone . Rockbox worked for 2.5 minutes longer . If you don't believe do the measurements yourself , I'm not gonna lie

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #3,501 of 5,194

Would you post the logs from rockbox and the runtime in the original firmware?

did the measurements for yourself and any logs not recorded . The measurements made on the stopwatch on your smartphone . Rockbox worked for 2.5 minutes longer . If you don't believe do the measurements yourself , I'm not gonna lie

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #3,502 of 5,194

Plug it into your sound card and record the output. Once it dies open the WAV file.  The length of the audio is how long it lasted.

I'll try that!

So you have so different readings work time . Old player with 1500 mAh plays a little more than 9 hours , the new player with 2000 mAh player plays more than 12 hours . While working on the original firmware and rockbox the same , I personally measured .

Yes, I knew that. I personally opened the dap and seen its capacity (2000mAh). But I'm here not to complain that, I'm here to understand why, on rockbox, when I skip a lot of songs, the battery drain is worse than the stock FW.

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #3,503 of 5,194
It's summer here in Italy and I just realized I may have done a mistake buying the x3 black version. While it keeps working just fine, it heats awfully. Right now I'm at the beach and it almost burnt my hands. Do you experience the same? I do not want to break it so I think from now on I'll just use other daps in such situations.

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #3,505 of 5,194
You watched an mp3 player for 24 hours straight with a stop watch?

Not so long ago laughed . Not mp3 and flac player what hi fi , not 24 hours in a row listening . Launched simultaneously the player and the stopwatch and went to sleep , in the morning when it was about close to the end of the battery pinpointing the exact time and did it 2 times .

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #3,506 of 5,194
Does anyone have any advice for resetting the X3?  I put it down for about a month, and can't get it to work again.  I've tried charging it with several known-good USB chargers, and have tried turning it on with or without the charging cable plugged in.  I have also tried booting with and without a memory card, and have tried short and long presses of the recessed reset button.  Nothing seems to work, the unit acts totally dead.  Never had a problem until now, and the X3 didn't experience water/shock/heat/etc. that would have fried it.  Any suggestions are welcome!

Jun 26, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #3,507 of 5,194
  Does anyone have any advice for resetting the X3?  I put it down for about a month, and can't get it to work again.  I've tried charging it with several known-good USB chargers, and have tried turning it on with or without the charging cable plugged in.  I have also tried booting with and without a memory card, and have tried short and long presses of the recessed reset button.  Nothing seems to work, the unit acts totally dead.  Never had a problem until now, and the X3 didn't experience water/shock/heat/etc. that would have fried it.  Any suggestions are welcome!

leave it plugged into USB wall charger, even if it doesn't react.
after about an hour, press the reset button with a needle or thin paperclip.
it should boot.
if not, you may have a dead battery, but more likely an extremely discharged one

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #3,510 of 5,194
  My experience hasn't shown the Rockboxed X3 draining faster than the stock setup.  The opposite has been true for me.  I get 10.5 hours with RB and 10 with OEM firmware.

I don't recall posts contending the RBed X3 has poor battery life in either of the xDuoo X3 threads here.  Where are you getting that from?

I do understand your reservations about xDuoo leaving the faulty firmware uncorrected.  That "frosts" me no end as well.  This despite being content with XVortex's X3 port.

Xduoo own specs give the battery life at 8 hours which to me is pathetic.  Given that battery life is given based on average volume level if you use harder to drive headphones and listen at higher than average levels you will get less than 8 hours.  I won't consider purchasing DAP's with less than 10 or 11 hours of battery life.  As per my previous statements I won't buy a DAP that is no longer supported or needs third party solutions to make them fully functional.  Purchasing imported product also means no warranty and as I have no history with Xduoo I am less likely to purchase it unless it is considerably better than what I can purchase locally.  Based on reviews of the X3 and its stated shortcomings it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back