XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 14, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2,086 of 5,194
Any member here own Fiio X5 (2nd Gen) and xDuoo X3 and experienced quality time with them - Which one better 'Sound Quality' wise (if we exclude price and features) ?

Or they similar sounding ? 

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #2,087 of 5,194
  Hi
I am new to head-fi world and i am planning to buy my first DAP. i am mostly looking at xduoo x3 or fiio x3(2nd Generation). i will using those with ath-m50x and fiio q1.
Could somebody please compare these and what could be a good first buy

As always , welcome to Head-Fi , Sorry about your wallet !!!

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,088 of 5,194
  Any member here own Fiio X5 (2nd Gen) and xDuoo X3 and experienced quality time with them - Which one better 'Sound Quality' wise (if we exclude price and features) ?

Or they similar sounding ? 

Ive only demoed them but the X5ii is simply a top notch player. Its sound quality will remind you why the Xduoo is called a "budget" DAP.

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #2,089 of 5,194
  Hi
I am new to head-fi world and i am planning to buy my first DAP. i am mostly looking at xduoo x3 or fiio x3(2nd Generation). i will using those with ath-m50x and fiio q1.
Could somebody please compare these and what could be a good first buy

What you get on FiiO when you pay that extra money.

1) If you would like to use it as DAC+AMP, or as standalone DAC with your computer. The Player will be charged during this period, so which you do not need to plugin to a wall adapter for sepearate charging time. This avoids you from finding an empty battery DAP while you are in a hurry in some situations! 
2) If you want a better UI, ( if you like looking at the album art while the music is being played) and a better looking player (its upto your style preferences)
3) Slightly more battery life. (Both woulld make it through the day, so this won't matter if you are careful!)
4) Gapless playback(This is important if you like listening an entire album in a session)
5) Resume playback from last stopped position.
6) No noticeable playback speed error on 44.1khz files.(This is something special about Xduoo! Hope they would fix this soon!)

Why Xduoo is not all crap
1) It sound really close, or same as FiiO where price is only less than half of what you pay for FiiO. This depends in the country you live. For instance I am in Germany and the prices are 105€ and 250€ respectively. 
2) Though UI doesn't look special, its functional, and doesn't show any sluggishness.
3) Supports upto 256 GB, with a sensible 2 memory card arrangement. (FiiO supports upto 128GB only)
4) Though it looks weird the buttons are placed wide apart, and sized,shaped differently so that its easy to control without taking it out of the pocket.

Both players won't benefit much from an entry level amp, as they already have decent built in amps. Also m50X is easy to drive without an amp. The amps would 'change' the signature but it may not be essentialy an improvement. But its safe to stay without an amp in this case. If you live in a place where FiiO is not double the price of Xduoo go for FiiO for the extras. Otherwise, Xduoo is pure value for money.

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #2,090 of 5,194
I was actually getting ready to sell my X3 because of personal discomfort with the pitch issue. But as I generally don't like to use any screen protectors and covers, which I now regret, the screen of my X3 in the meantime looks so badly scratched, that it's a shame to offer it anymore for sale. Just my friendly word of advice, to get your X3 screen protected, like it or not.

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #2,091 of 5,194
Thanks dexter22 for putting into perspective.
I live in india where xduoo is available for 125$ and fiio is 215$. Iam mostly looking at a player which has a good soundstage and instrument seperation. I will be using it for rock and edm

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #2,092 of 5,194
Thanks dexter22 for putting into perspective.
I live in india where xduoo is available for 125$ and fiio is 215$. Iam mostly looking at a player which has a good soundstage and instrument seperation. I will be using it for rock and edm

For India it is better to go for Fiio Product as there are Four Auth Dealer at the moment where xDuoo only one and their presents are not very confident boosting for the buyer side.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #2,096 of 5,194
Experiencing some issues which preclude my being able to use my IEMs for awhile.  But gosh, my just over 4 year old 32Ω 106db/V  Philips SHL5500 (precursor to the Citiscape Downtown model which used the same 40mm driver and had very similar voicing that Tyll at InnerFidelity found favor with) sounds just great with an unamped X3.  (BTW there's an old thread in the full size headphone subforum about these cans.)   Happiness is....! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #2,097 of 5,194
Picked up my 'so-called' replacement today.

Well played Penon Audio. You guys did a wonderful job of wrecking the player more. Sanding down the nice curves on the top of the player to try and remove the light scratch marks. Sadly, the deep ones still remain.

Won't bother wasting another 2+ months with you jackasses. Let this be a warning to all those who are looking at buying from Penon.
Paying full price doesn't mean best product nor service.

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #2,100 of 5,194
  Picked up my 'so-called' replacement today.

Well played Penon Audio. You guys did a wonderful job of wrecking the player more. Sanding down the nice curves on the top of the player to try and remove the light scratch marks. Sadly, the deep ones still remain.

Won't bother wasting another 2+ months with you jackasses. Let this be a warning to all those who are looking at buying from Penon.
Paying full price doesn't mean best product nor service.

lol wot?

what happened? yer unit was defective in sumway and they sent the same unit back 'repaired' but more scuffed up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back