XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 28, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #5,191 of 5,194
I do have one. But sadly I don't understand what needs to be done!
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Just apply solder where indicated, not sure about the bottom arrows, I have not found a better photo, but you should see it clearly with your own opened up player.
Just hoping that the factory applied solder would bond again with just heat was not enough for me, but you could get lucky. I used a lot of solder & the end result looks pretty ugly, but the jack not only worked again, but also it feels really tight & solid now.

Alternatively you can just use the far superior Rockbox firmware, it can do volume controlled line out, so essentially you have a spare jack out for your IEMs.

Mar 28, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #5,192 of 5,194

Just apply solder where indicated, not sure about the bottom arrows, I have not found a better photo, but you should see it clearly with your own opened up player.
Just hoping that the factory applied solder would bond again with just heat was not enough for me, but you could get lucky. I used a lot of solder & the end result looks pretty ugly, but the jack not only worked again, but also it feels really tight & solid now.

I get it now! Thanks!

Alternatively you can just use the far superior Rockbox firmware, it can do volume controlled line out, so essentially you have a spare jack out for your IEMs.

Wow, I can't believe I hadn't figured that out (I use rockbox). So thanks for that also!
You've just given my X3 two more lives :beerchug:

Nov 23, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #5,194 of 5,194
I'm heading down to somewhere near the electronics plaza at my area and i recalled seeing some shops selling lithium batteries, will definitely try to revive this beast as its so hard to find dual card slots!
Finally got my X3 working after 2 and half years :sweat_smile: got my friend to ship in the replacement battery from taobao. During this period i tried a few other sources, mostly my computer audio but i got to compare the experience against portable audio

I have a Xiaomi phone and the volume step is a killer, one level higher is too loud and one level lower its too soft. No doubt the bluetooth option is good (even though i was very against bluetooth stuff previously), but the volume proof to be too big of an issue, even with poweramp it doesnt help. Tried Benjie X6 with my Topping NX1s no doubt its good, but the UI is bad, real bad and there isnt gapless playback. During this time my Zishan DSD's battery died as well as my Benjie S5. Zishan DSD is a solid option, but abit too clunky for my liking. S5 UI was bad, but it was much better than the X6. With the X3 revived, i must say with rockbox, the UI is almost unbeatable, the small form factor is great as well and the sound is full bodied. Not sure if this is just a honeymoon period but i'm really enjoying it so far!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back