xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Mar 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #541 of 2,087

You need to download MP3Tag (free) and remove the comment tags and album/artist from the files. (its a tag problem)

Or just update firmware.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #543 of 2,087
hmm what are some of these problems? Now that I've got my files playing don't seem to warrant a firmware update. although my album folders are scrambled and not in order - I don't mind though, it's as if it is in permanent shuffle mode. I listen to my music by albums anyway.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #544 of 2,087
I have v4.0 and any new problems. Ergonomy is hopeless, but as in most Chinese DAPs.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #545 of 2,087
Yes, sounds like the best solution doesn't it. Though members I spoke to said the new firmware brought it's own new set of problems.

My player works well with the new firmware - no problem. I think your player from the first wave of production, she is often defective.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #546 of 2,087

My player works well with the new firmware - no problem. I think your player from the first wave of production, she is often defective.

Hmm, actually, what I read was a post from svyr saying his unit crashed completely after installing the new firmware and he needed to return it. I think this was just a coincidence though, not a fault of firmware, so disregard the above comment about new firmware causing problems. I haven't installed the new firmware on my unit, it runs fine besides the previous tag "format error" sometimes.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #547 of 2,087

Hmm, actually, what I read was a post from svyr saying his unit crashed completely after installing the new firmware and he needed to return it. I think this was just a coincidence though, not a fault of firmware, so disregard the above comment about new firmware causing problems. I haven't installed the new firmware on my unit, it runs fine besides the previous tag "format error" sometimes.

FLAC format has different degrees of compression and weak processors cheapest players can not unpack it and play. Maybe your player has a defect and overload broke it completely. The player can normally only work with 16-bit 44kHz FLAC, low and normal compression and can not work with 16-bit 44kHz FLAC high compression.

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #548 of 2,087
My mistake, the player can play files FLAC high compression. Tested.
Firmware: 4.0E
"Jesper Kyd - 03. Makers In The Outland.flac"
1) 8 files, FLAC 16 bit, 44kHz, Levels compression: 1-8, Converter: AIMP 3.60 build 1483
All files play fine.
2) 1 file, FLAC 16 bit, 44kHz, Level compression: 8, Converter: xrecode 1.0.0.214
File play fine.
3) 5 files, APE 16 bit, 44kHz, Levels compression: Normal, Fast, High, Extra High, Insane; Converter: AIMP 3.60 build 1483
- "Normal" is ok
- "Fast" is ok
- "High" have any distortions, useless
- "Extra High": "Format Error"
- "Insane": "Format Error"

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #550 of 2,087
Line out ready for use with high-impedance load - an external amplifier. This player does not have a line-out and it can be connected only through the headphones-out. And its internal amplifier can even break itself when connected to an amplifier with very high input impedance, as Fiio E12 or my Aune B1. Bad idea. But X2 works well with Topping NX1, I think Topping, like a cheap amplifier has a low input impedance and X2 can play with it well.
[X2]+[low impedance and high sensitivity earphones]=bad sound
[X2]+[good cable]+[Topping NX1, $40, now US$ 33.98 in the ShA, ebay]+[low impedance and high sensitivity earphones]=very good sound

PS My Dunu Titan 1 good play with the player. Impedance 16 Ohm, but big drivers and sensitivity 90dB! And very good X2+Brainwavz BH5.
IMHO, xDuoo X2 like big drivers and high impedance. If you need to use earphones with low impedance, it's good to add Topping NX1.
PPS X2+ Titan 1. This combo - a great joy for a basshead at EQ is "normal". I use setting "soft" :)

Só if I pair um my x2 + a good cable+ topping nx1+ a kz ed it will sound good or is it better without the amp?

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #551 of 2,087
Só if I pair um my x2 + a good cable+ topping nx1+ a kz ed it will sound good or is it better without the amp?

Yes. And reduce noise - Topping NX1 as high resistance load, "kill" noise X2 and replace on NX1's noise - the noise weaker.

PS New firmware, may be coming soon - fix "fade in", "fade out" and troubles with APE :)

Mar 6, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #553 of 2,087
Sorry to reply, but by yes you mean no amp right? btw, Thanks for replying!

Sorry, yes, xDuoo X2+good cable+Topping NX1 good combo for KZ ED. "Level up" for sound and low noise.

My player Teclast X30SE worked 14 hours, Teclast X30SE+Topping NX1 - 18 hours(+4 hours). I have not tested combo xDuoo X2+Topping NX1 for working time, IMHO, X2 plays 14 hours, the combo can be to play 17 hours. Need the test!

Mar 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #555 of 2,087
For some reason, after I updated the firmware to the newest version a few weeks ago, the center button does not register unless I press it several times. It is very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back