xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Mar 3, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #526 of 2,087
red.fx pointed me that I was wrong about using X2 with external amps, some of the amps can actually improve X2 sound, because X2 amp works better with higher impedance load, and usually amps line in have impedance higher, then earphones. So, some amps can improve X2, but not all of them. I've found few opinions on russian forum: Topping NX1 improves sound of X2, and Fiio E12 and Aune B1 does not.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #527 of 2,087
Line out ready for use with high-impedance load - an external amplifier. This player does not have a line-out and it can be connected only through the headphones-out. And its internal amplifier can even break itself when connected to an amplifier with very high input impedance, as Fiio E12 or my Aune B1. Bad idea. But X2 works well with Topping NX1, I think Topping, like a cheap amplifier has a low input impedance and X2 can play with it well.
[X2]+[low impedance and high sensitivity earphones]=bad sound
[X2]+[good cable]+[Topping NX1, $40, now US$ 33.98 in the ShA, ebay]+[low impedance and high sensitivity earphones]=very good sound

PS My Dunu Titan 1 good play with the player. Impedance 16 Ohm, but big drivers and sensitivity 90dB! And very good X2+Brainwavz BH5.
IMHO, xDuoo X2 like big drivers and high impedance. If you need to use earphones with low impedance, it's good to add Topping NX1.
PPS X2+ Titan 1. This combo - a great joy for a basshead at EQ is "normal". I use setting "soft" :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #528 of 2,087
X2 is made on a primitive chip, what do you want to improve with a good amp? Engineers has done a very good job overall using cheap parts, like HSA players. Yes, if he was made on some craziest DAC, well, it will be interesting to try a good external amp, but in this case it is not a good idea. Connect your amp to a player with more interesting DAC inside.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #533 of 2,087
I don't know about the X2 but I have had several clip+ players. They have been rockboxed, erased, formatted...you name it and I did it may times over. Now my kids have them in there backpacks and continue to use them. They are not perfect but they do keep on playing!

^This!!

Literally, the only thing that clip does wrong is have low output power and slightly above average sound. Though, for its price, complaining about it would be kind of pathetic and petty, so it rates very well! Especially compared to nonsense such as the iPod shuffle.

Part of me wants to buy the xDuoo x2, but another part doesnt, because if I do, and if it fails, then I will have to pay more money for a more reliable unit, and the head fi boulder would start rolling again.

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #534 of 2,087

^This!!

Literally, the only thing that clip does wrong is have low output power and slightly above average sound. Though, for its price, complaining about it would be kind of pathetic and petty, so it rates very well! Especially compared to nonsense such as the iPod shuffle.

Part of me wants to buy the xDuoo x2, but another part doesnt, because if I do, and if it fails, then I will have to pay more money for a more reliable unit, and the head fi boulder would start rolling again.

The clip is fantastic... but the big problem is the rolloff at both ends of the spectrum.

The AMP section is probably able to deliver a flat response with RMAA and resistors... but not with a complex load.

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #535 of 2,087
Hi all,

I just acquired a second hand x2, but when I put my flacs on the microsd, 80-90% yield a format error. Can anyone help?

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #536 of 2,087
  Hi all,

I just acquired a second hand x2, but when I put my flacs on the microsd, 80-90% yield a format error. Can anyone help?

You need to download MP3Tag (free) and remove the comment tags and album/artist from the files. (its a tag problem)

Alternatively, you can load your entire card of FLAC files and remove all tags in one batch. (keep in mind this theory would be if the card is always used with X2)

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #537 of 2,087
X2 is very impressive for $50. Solid replacement for my clip+ with poor battery life. The only gripe I have is that the treble, although quite pronounced, sounds a little metallic for my tastes. But not conplaining for $50...

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #538 of 2,087
Firstly I would like to point out the chip picture was me trying to be funny and in no way insult the X2 it is still a great player and will be keeping it. 
Also Mejoshua I had that issue with Flac files but after I updated the firmware that went away, not sure if it is the same issue but I was getting exactly that message on my coheed and cambria album but all ok now. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #539 of 2,087
  Firstly I would like to point out the chip picture was me trying to be funny and in no way insult the X2 it is still a great player and will be keeping it. 
Also Mejoshua I had that issue with Flac files but after I updated the firmware that went away, not sure if it is the same issue but I was getting exactly that message on my coheed and cambria album but all ok now. 

...LOL
I was really thinking that theses potatoes were in your fridge !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back