xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 16, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #136 of 2,087
,@H20Fidelityis this better than Kogan's sound quality?

Different. 
smile.gif

Kogan is very detailed especially in the upper mid-range, it's quite bright, clear, kind of aggressive with that wow factor, some people really admire this sound. But Kogan's downfall (to me) which we don't really mention is it's not the most polished sounding product, its technical ability such as separation, bass impact, dynamics aren't completely at heart with the player. X2 is smoother, warmer and less detailed by a percentage, but its technical ability is more complete. Someone completed their homework whilst the other wandered off to play GTA 5 online.

I was comparing X2 to X1 last night, the instrument separation and mid-range coherency was apparent over X1, the FiiO sounds rather confused whereas instruments roll off the tongue with X2. But in saying this, X1 probably took the lead in detail, take vocals for example, hearing deeper into Norah Jone's voice.

X2 does enough, and some more. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #137 of 2,087
Just ordered one from Penon Audio as well. Hate using my phone for music, so this is a much needed device!

Penon Audio just mailed with confirmation of payment, they CC a whole bunch of customers in their emails by the look of things. I'm not too concerned but I can see the email addresses their other customers in full. Not sure everyone would like that. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #139 of 2,087
I've been looking into this DAP and have found all answers I wanted except one.I can't find anything that says if it has shuffle or not, and if so, if it's a decent shuffle (or if it'll play the same song as the first track every time). Any owners have input on this? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, what does the EQ look like? Is it just a few mode selections, or does it have band adjustment?

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #140 of 2,087
H20Fidelity:
64gb cards confirmed = working.
[...]

Please, brand of the card and class!

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #141 of 2,087
Has anyone tried the x2 with an external amp?
If so how did it pair with it?

Haven't tried any amping, won't be long before someone does.

I've been looking into this DAP and have found all answers I wanted except one.I can't find anything that says if it has shuffle or not, and if so, if it's a decent shuffle (or if it'll play the same song as the first track every time). Any owners have input on this? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, what does the EQ look like? Is it just a few mode selections, or does it have band adjustment?

Haven't tried shuffle but here's the options in the repeat setting.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748909/xduoo-x2-small-lossless-player-with-microsd-and-oled/105#post_11222475

Possibly Random is what you're looking for. How this works whether be the entire card or folder I cannot tell and too busy to sit down and patiently wait for songs to finish and shuffle. This would cost you money actually for me to try.

EQ is just presets, (like Apple) no 5 band EQ.

Cheers

Please, brand of the card and class!

BAM.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Master-64GB-micro-SD-SDXC-class-10-memory-card-microSDXC-Tablet-PC-Smartphone-/181267319531?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2a345fcaeb

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #143 of 2,087
BAM.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Master-64GB-micro-SD-SDXC-class-10-memory-card-microSDXC-Tablet-PC-Smartphone-/181267319531?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2a345fcaeb

Thanks, but an unknown brand for us. OEM, I think

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #144 of 2,087
Got another question about this thing.. How is the noise floor? My ipod 6gen and my clip sport hisses quite a lot with very sensitive iems. The most sensitive one i have is the KC06 and the noise is audible.

Any qualified answers about the output impedance? Would love to be able to use my TDK ie800 on this little beauty. They are only 10 ohms and i find it hard to find a DAP that works well with them.

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #146 of 2,087
  Difficult to answer - but how does theSQ compare to a high end smartphone, like iPhone 6 or HTC m8?
Is it a lateral move, downgrade or upgrade?

I found the XDuoo X1 and 2 to be better than smart phones or tablets, once I had used a good player going back is not nice. The experience is much fulfilling if you listen to a 320 mp3 or Flac on either of the XDuoo devices.

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #147 of 2,087

I received my X2 yesterday and above is the X2 next to the X1. First thing is that even if it does look so in the photo the X2 is a lot smaller than the X1 but feels solid enough. I have loaded a 32 gig card into the X2 and loaded it with songs for testing. As others have already said the X2 has a warmer sound to it but you can tweak with the EQ if you wish to change which the X1 does not have. I am listening to Flac files on the X1 and 2 and have so far tested with my Soundmagic P21 headphones, Soundmagic E10 IEM and KZ DT3. The X1 as H20 mentioned pops when you turn it on so not having the headphones on while turning it on is a habit I have adopted quickly. The X2 does not suffer from this at all is has a quick fade in and out for power ups and power off. No detectable hiss from any of the headphones tested yet and the SQ differs slightly between both the X1 and X2 and I find the X1 to be brighter (not silly amounts) and the X2 is warmer but both to me sound great. Folder navigation on the X2 is some fun for the first time use of the device, to go up you press sideways etc but no big deal really. Basic interface but much needed if you a big library and this is where the X2 jumps over the X1 waving its hands in the air to get peoples attention. The X1 only allows 1 track skip at a time with a 3 second delay so I only really have 3 albums or a play list on at a time but this didn't bother me too much as the experience was well worth it.  The X2 shows up to the show guns blazing also with its sound quality I feel and at £32 I am surprised at the quality of the product in build and sound, it is just amazing! Personally I prefer the X1 in my hand due to the size and weight but the pro's to the X2 are the ability to jump around your music library with easy and better storage. It will fit in most pockets but would avoid tight ones as the buttons do not lock as far as i can see. Overall I am really pleased with this addition to my collection, a solid build and sound with a cold feel due to the metal surround. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #150 of 2,087
You can also delete single files or folders guys.

How it works is X2 has two menus. One you access by pressing the "menu" button whilst music is "paused". (file management)

The other you access pressing the "menu" button while music is playing. (Menu)

Four lines/files at a time whilst viewing your files.

I also worked out the "menu" button works as the "back" button in this section for backing out of a folder and back to cards root menu etc.

And I kid you not I'm well over 10 hours now and still rocking 3 of 4 battery bars.
Either this battery is going to go flat with a faulty reading very soon or someone seriously screwed up the spec sheet stating 10 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back