Xduoo Amplifiers
Sep 28, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #1,756 of 1,989
Thoughts on Drop's new collab? https://drop.com/buy/drop-xduoo-ta-84-otl-tube-amp-dac

Free returns, I'm tempted to give it a go.
I just stumbled across this when I was looking for what the new DCX keycap sets were. I've been long considering purchasing a TA-26s, I'm not sure what criteria would help me choose between the 26s and 84... I think I'd miss not having the 4.4mm jack on the 84, so I'm lesning towards the 26s still. It's part of my planned two person listening setup for when we clear the kid stuff out of our master bedroom.

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #1,759 of 1,989
I have a xduoo ta-26 amplifier.

It sounds amazing - a little warm, but with enough air up.

Sometimes the vocals "escapes" more to the left with other amplifiers it is more in the middle or a little more on the right.

Does anybody of You have a Ta-26 / Ta-26s and can check some songs for me ?

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #1,763 of 1,989
That's strange, do they have a reason?
Following from Apos:
"Awesome Tuesday to you! This is Shiela from the Support team @ Apos Audio. Thank you for your interest in the products that we carry!

Unfortunately, we only ship to addresses within the US and Canada at this point. We are still actively evaluating new markets for our future expansion, and we will certainly update everyone when we are ready to expand into Hong Kong."

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #1,764 of 1,989
Following from Apos:
"Awesome Tuesday to you! This is Shiela from the Support team @ Apos Audio. Thank you for your interest in the products that we carry!

Unfortunately, we only ship to addresses within the US and Canada at this point. We are still actively evaluating new markets for our future expansion, and we will certainly update everyone when we are ready to expand into Hong Kong."
You would think Apos selling stuff in HK would be a given, that's crazy. Yeah, sorry to hear that, the Apos tubes are very good.

Oct 5, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #1,765 of 1,989
Following from Apos:

Got some unfortunate news, one of the apos 12au7 tubes is faulty. Worked fine until today. There's a hiss coming from one side through the headphones. Swapped things around and still hiss. Swapped the apos 12au7 driver tubes left to right and the hiss went from the left side to the right side. Contacted Apos, hopefully they can fix this.

Edit:
I left the tubes on through out the night, and the hiss seems to be gone. It already had more than 50 hours of use, but I didn't use it for a few days until last night and that's when the hiss started. But the hiss seems to be gone now.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #1,767 of 1,989
I just stumbled across this when I was looking for what the new DCX keycap sets were. I've been long considering purchasing a TA-26s, I'm not sure what criteria would help me choose between the 26s and 84... I think I'd miss not having the 4.4mm jack on the 84, so I'm lesning towards the 26s still. It's part of my planned two person listening setup for when we clear the kid stuff out of our master bedroom.
In my desire to experiment with OTL headphone amps, I ended up ordering both a TA-26s and preorder for a TA-84 so I guess I'll find out which one comes out on top. lol

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #1,768 of 1,989
I’m an Xduoo owner I currently have a TA-10r and I love it! I owned for a short while the TA-30 but had to return it due to a defect. I liked the sound of it a lot, but the AKM DAC is way better when you filter the USB and up res to DSD. What I would love to see is the TA-32 to have to new AKM 4499 chip and some great clocking. I teflon caps would also be a plus. Also if the make it true balanced would be amazing.

I think if they do that it will be an end game combo. if my TA-10r is any indication when you lower digital switching noise which this dac chip does these amps can do amazing things.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #1,769 of 1,989
From the Can am Socal thread:

"XDUOO TA-20 + MOONDROP VENUS
Wow, I actually really liked what was happening with the synergy between the XDUO TA-20 and the Moondrop Venus. This was running off a portable DAC, but I mean for 1k this was a steal in my opinion. The Moondrop was ergonomically kind of weird and heavy, but it sounded natural and sweet on this tube hybrid. I had some friends with me that are just getting into headphones and they all agreed this was a really impressive combo for the price. This was after they had freshly heard all the TOTL craziness."
There is a photo showing the headphones and the T20 plus.

Oct 15, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #1,770 of 1,989
Hi,

Is there a proper start and turn off procedure on the xDuoo TA26?

My chain: iPad > JDS Labs Element III Mk2 > RCA > xDuoo TA26 > Sennheiser HD800S

I turned on my unit, plugged in the HD800S, and had a hiss on the left channel followed by a loud pop (also on the left) at the same time that there was a brief white-blue flash in the 6AS7 output tube. Luckily this was at a lower volume (9 o’clock) and saved my hearing.

Should I turn it on and let it warm up for 15 minutes, before plugging in my headphones?

Sometime I used the socket savers, but found these were developing hissing / static noise and went away when removed the socket savers. But getting to the output tube, feels like I’m gonna break the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back