Xduoo Amplifiers
Aug 4, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #631 of 2,015
While we're at it Wiljen do you think the 602 and HE400i would be a good pairing?

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #633 of 2,015
Wait.. you cannot use Yugo 6HM5 in mt-602? 😥
I guess not...
I contacted Xduoo to ask about the 6HQ5 and they responded "no" that's it, no explanation, no elaboration, just no.
The 6HQ5 and 6HM5 are basically identical I've been told.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #635 of 2,015
I guess not...
I contacted Xduoo to ask about the 6HQ5 and they responded "no" that's it, no explanation, no elaboration, just no.
The 6HQ5 and 6HM5 are basically identical I've been told.
I asked Trolldragon at this forum and he Said.

"The 6J1 that the MT-602 uses is a pentode and the 6HM5 is a triode, if they are using the screen grid on that 6J1 then no you could not use a 6HM5 or any other triode in it's place."

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #636 of 2,015
Any experience using iems with the MT-601? Power output of 601 seems to be more inline with iem use versus regular headphones. As Wiljen said in his review, he thought the 6.35mm headphone jack on the 601 should have been 3.5mm to allow use of iems without an adaptor. I agree.

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #637 of 2,015
Hello, anybody using MT-602?
Mine does a popping sound on my HD6XX when turning off the amp, it is about a listening volume, volume knob is at zero and source is muted, no popping sound when turning on though.
Anybody also experienced this? Is this normal?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #640 of 2,015
My 602 also has a nasty pop when you turn the unit off, I unplug my headphones every time I remember. I don't understand why this wasn't addressed by Xduoo during development/production of this amp. Long term affects of the pop and the extra unplugging and plugging of the headphones...

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #642 of 2,015
I recently purchased the MT-602 but noticed that the right tube (the smaller one) was not fully inserted into it's socket (the pins were showing) and that the tube was leaning to one side. I Removed the tube and indeed saw that one pin was bent. I contacted the seller and he provided me with a replacement. However that one too does not fully insert into the socket and from what I can see (photo's attached) one pin is preventing all the pins from being fully inserted and by now is probably bent as well.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to tube amplifiers but as far as I know the pins should not be showing.

The amp has no issues producing sound, I however find that sound not to be vastly different from most solid state amplifiers I have tried.

Please let me know what you think.

IMG_20210801_161302.jpgIMG_20210801_161320.jpgIMG_20210801_161403.jpgIMG_20210801_161442.jpg
That is fairly normal - as long as it is making solid contact and sounds good (no cracks and pops like a sporadic connection will cause) I wouldn't worry about it. You can spend a lot of time trying to get them to seat perfectly only to find out the glass jars are different heights (like my 604) and have it still drive you nuts to look at it. It makes my OCD flare up for sure.

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #643 of 2,015
While we're at it Wiljen do you think the 602 and HE400i would be a good pairing?

Should do just fine. With the 602 being a hybrid it shouldn't have any trouble driving planars (within reason).

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #644 of 2,015
I never tried the stock tubes but Wiljen might be able to chime in here and give an opinion...

I might try the Russian tube as it may be considerably easier to source in India than the Sylvania made tubes will be and the Soviet war-time production tubes were quite good as well. Yes, I do think it makes a difference as the stock tubes showed fairly poor quality control in my experience. Some are good, others not so much and there is no real way to tell other than to try. With my 604, I got 2 different styles of tube (different bases and bottle heights) with 4 different overall heights. They all worked, but that's about as positive a comment as I can make about them. They are microphonic with one that really talks a lot.

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #645 of 2,015
I might try the Russian tube as it may be considerably easier to source in India than the Sylvania made tubes will be and the Soviet war-time production tubes were quite good as well. Yes, I do think it makes a difference as the stock tubes showed fairly poor quality control in my experience. Some are good, others not so much and there is no real way to tell other than to try. With my 604, I got 2 different styles of tube (different bases and bottle heights) with 4 different overall heights. They all worked, but that's about as positive a comment as I can make about them. They are microphonic with one that really talks a lot.
Please give the model of the Russian tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back