xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Jan 21, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #1,426 of 3,836
Jan 21, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #1,427 of 3,836
Yes a disappointing experience. Mine is ready to ship back but awaiting iFi to confirm some questions before I ship. I'm torn between risking a replacement or requesting a refund!
Get a replacement, and if the replacement is still poor, get a refund. It's too good not to give it a second chance.

Jan 21, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #1,430 of 3,836
damn it, im not so sure now, itd be spending most of its life in my pocket rather than a desk so maybe i should look for another solution, shame
That may be a plan if that is the type of device you are looking for.

My main reason for purchasing the Gryphon was for its 4.4mm Line-in so that I could compare balanced line out from my Cayin A02 module to the module's 3.5mm line-out.

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #1,433 of 3,836
You don't. You change the volume on the Gryphon only.
Exactly, so the below issue still surfaces with no clear workaround...
The volume jump issue still exists on the new firmware @iFi audio,@Sebastien Chiu. Was listening to music and changed the volume from my mac and Gryphon's volume jumped up suddenly and almost blew my ears off. Please look into it.
For what it's worth, this is the first time it has happened after the firmware update

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #1,437 of 3,836
sometimes it does. just as frequently though it sets itself to a random value between 50 and 100, at least on windows 10
Really? That's odd. I also have Windows 10 and that's never happened to me so far. I bought it several weeks ago and since it first time I used it, the volume sets itself to 100 on Windows after plugging it in. I control the volume only on the Gryphon after that.

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #1,439 of 3,836
Since Sebastian doesn’t respond to pm’s, you guys hear a piece floating around when you move the gryphon?
I can hear something moving around every time I move the unit. Sounds like a small piece broke off inside the unit.

Jan 22, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #1,440 of 3,836
Since Sebastian doesn’t respond to pm’s, you guys hear a piece floating around when you move the gryphon?
I can hear something moving around every time I move the unit. Sounds like a small piece broke off inside the unit.
Could it be loose buttons you are hearing? Other than that I can't recall anything that could get loose from when I had mine apart. Unless you have a "spare" screw or a blob of solder in there. In either case its probably best to stop using it and open a ticket on the iFi website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back