xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Apr 7, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #1,906 of 3,842
I heard a short noise from the iem once I click the button to change the sound effect. Is this normal ?

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #1,909 of 3,842
IIRC the xCan did not make noise when xBass was engaged

Apr 8, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #1,911 of 3,842
Update with good news!

Short story: Gryphon had no fault, it works! The problem was the cable of my IEM 🤦‍♂️

Long Story: I was really unlucky in my tests: everytime I tested my IEM with other equipment, they worked; every time I connected them to Gryphon, they didn't work.
But in only one of my tests in the retailer store, they worked with Gryphon too. But I had no other 4.4 headphones/IEM to make different tests. Neither the retailer had them.

So I ordered a brand new cable. Today was delivered and everything works!
Now I'm going to buy a better cable, this one I bought just for the test, it's not the best choice :)

I am so sorry to bothered @iFi audio and its fast asisstance, thank you again :pray:

Wonderful. Thank you for the update.

Don't forget to update your firmware folks! :wink:

V1.43>>V1.45
1). Optimize the occasional 4.4mm output port left and right output bias sound
2). Optimize the occasional shutdown incomplete problem.

Words to live by!

Some dude said that Gryphon wasn't good for IEMs so why should it exist? I bought it for headphones like A2 Noire that I want--sometimes need-- to hear on the road. I have a tiny little Ray Samuels amp for IEMs...it's about the size of a match box and lasts fifty hours on a charge. I think the guy who wrote this took the "Swiss Army knife" rhetoric too seriously.

The Gryphon is excellent with all kinds of IEMs. Its flexibility to drive IEMs and headphones of all types is what makes it so special!

I heard a short noise from the iem once I click the button to change the sound effect. Is this normal ?

I got this too.

Very normal. It's a hardware relay switching inside the Gryphon. Remember all of Gryphon's DSP modes are hardware based. Nothing to worry about, just turn down the volume when switching modes.

Yep, this is normal for the Gryphon, per the reasoning @gLer mentioned.

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #1,912 of 3,842
Wonderful. Thank you for the update.

Words to live by!

The Gryphon is excellent with all kinds of IEMs. Its flexibility to drive IEMs and headphones of all types is what makes it so special!

Yep, this is normal for the Gryphon, per the reasoning @gLer mentioned.
bro what is best amp external (portable or not) under 250 usd? any recomendation bro, to pair with gryphone, so can push again the max potential of gryphone, like micro details, claritu, and technicallities.... any recomendation bro... thanks

Apr 8, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #1,913 of 3,842
Just got this and it sounds phenomenal. The iFi go allows you to answer phone calls with no problem. So far the Gryphon is logging me off whenever I get a phone call or have to dial out.

How do I get this be able to answer phone calls in bluetooth mode?

Apr 8, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #1,915 of 3,842
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 8, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #1,916 of 3,842
So disappointing. Hopefully future editions will fix this oversight. Having the ability to take/receive calls is one of the selling points for using external amps instead of DAPs, and with the Swiss Army knife abilities of most iFi devices I assumed this would include a mic. Oh well.

Apr 8, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #1,917 of 3,842
Isn't the GO blu the only mic equipped device in iFi's lineup, making your assumption moot?

Apr 8, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #1,918 of 3,842
It’s kind of like buying a car and then finding out there’s a horse hitched to the front.
I mean I kind of expected the newest tech for a luxury product and not a horse-drawn carriage instead of a car.

Apr 8, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #1,919 of 3,842
It’s kind of like buying a car and then finding out there’s a horse hitched to the front.
I mean I kind of expected the newest tech for a luxury product and not a horse-drawn carriage instead of a car.
If you want an AIO device, buy one. If you want something for quality playback of a wide variety of headphones, then but a specialized device. Hell, if taking calls is that important, buy some Airpod Max and call it a day.

Apr 8, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #1,920 of 3,842
Show me a single desktop-grade portable DAC/amp with a phone mic. I can't think of a single one. That's what dongles are for...or better yet, wireless IEMs/headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back