Xbox Live Headfi Gamertags
Dec 19, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #48 of 282
Just added Condemned to my stable of games.

Creepy and suspenseful at first.

Then just plain repetitive and frustrating having to beat to death countless vagrants. They get to lunge, bob, and weave. All I can do is a lame block and single swing. Oh, but kicking them while they're down is some measure of revenge and fun. The level designs are pretty repetitive and if it wasn't for the CSI type gameplay, I probably would've stopped playing hours ago. But overall, Condemned is still a Silent Hill wannabe game. Right down to the pseudo grainy film effect and flashlight play.

The Taser is my favorite weapon, other than my boot.

-Ed

Dec 20, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #49 of 282
Funny, I spent yesterday playing Condemned as well! Yes the combat is clunky at best, but the CSI bits hold it together for me. I haven't been able to find every bird on the levels I've completed yet, and I can't find any pieces of metal. Any idea what those are for?

Dec 20, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #50 of 282
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Funny, I spent yesterday playing Condemned as well! Yes the combat is clunky at best, but the CSI bits hold it together for me. I haven't been able to find every bird on the levels I've completed yet, and I can't find any pieces of metal. Any idea what those are for?

Look for the crazy drawings of lots of eyes and birds on the walls or pillars, that means there is a piece of metal nearby. Usually just walk up to it, and you'll see the "press A to move" object or something like that.

BTW, take the time to master "Blocking" because you will need it a LOT at the end.

-Ed

Dec 30, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #51 of 282
Hi my username is: Sfras

I have Xbox Live 360
Games- COD:2, Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham 3.

Sfras.jpg

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #52 of 282
Well I finished Condemned tonight, what a good game. The final boss was a little easy, but the game is definitely one of the best I've played recently. I managed 35 out of 50 achievements in 10 hours 39 minutes. Tomorrow I'll be going back and getting the rest of the stuff I missed. If you have a 360, you owe it to yourself to give this game a try.

Jan 10, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #53 of 282
Quote:

Well I finished Condemned tonight, what a good game. The final boss was a little easy, but the game is definitely one of the best I've played recently. I managed 35 out of 50 achievements in 10 hours 39 minutes. Tomorrow I'll be going back and getting the rest of the stuff I missed. If you have a 360, you owe it to yourself to give this game a try.

Did you beat it on Easy, Normal, or Hard?

-Ed

Jan 10, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #56 of 282
Quote:

I left it on Normal. I may go back and try it on hard someday, but I think once I have 50 of 50 I'll move on to another game in my pile.

I think you get like 10 points or something for beating it on Hard.

Definitely not worth it.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back