My 360 will be here Monday, I have these games for it:

Project Gotham Racing 3
Call Of Duty 2
Perfect Dark Zero
Tiger Woods 06
Ridge Racer 6
Kameo

Nov 26, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 282
Oooo...Aurora, I will be grabbing CoD2 and Tiger Woods ASAP. I love me some golf. And I'm damned good at it too. We definitely have to have a game or two! I was going to buy it at lunch today, but my gf is going to kill me! Buying all this junk right before Christmas (and her B-Day for that matter).

You are seriously going to love the 360. They have done everything right IMO. The controllers are amazing. The interface is flawless. I am very pleased, and I am hard to please.

Nov 26, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #18 of 282
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
Oooo...Aurora, I will be grabbing CoD2 and Tiger Woods ASAP. I love me some golf. And I'm damned good at it too. We definitely have to have a game or two! I was going to buy it at lunch today, but my gf is going to kill me! Buying all this junk right before Christmas (and her B-Day for that matter).

You are seriously going to love the 360. They have done everything right IMO. The controllers are amazing. The interface is flawless. I am very pleased, and I am hard to please.

Good, I found it very difficult to find some decent competition in Links 2004!

Nov 26, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #19 of 282
I may as well do a quick review...

PDZ's single player is "meh" so far (4 missions in). The multiplayer is really fun though.

Project Gotham 3 is excellent. I can fully recommend it. It is chocked full o' online goodness! And the single player is as addictive as ever.

I just wish I had more time to play.

Nov 26, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #20 of 282
PDZ's Online Co-operative play is much more fun than single player. Even though it's basically the same, it's just more fun with a buddy. It get's more interesting in later missions. But the whole time I keep thinking, "I can't wait for Halo 3!!!!"

Just picked up copy of PGR3, wow. Gotham TV is so fun to watch, not to mention the actual game.

The one gripe I have about XBox 360's chat system is that it does not allow for a chat room of some kind or talking to more than one person simultaneously. You can connect to up to four people at once, but you have to switch back and forth, basically putting the others on hold while you talk.

The bonus of the chat system is that you can keep chatting even when playing different games with no interruption. However I did find that chatting does not work if you play a backwards compatible original XBox game.
I guess backwards compatibility mode does not support the use of XBox Dashboards chat system.

-Ed

Nov 26, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #21 of 282
Will they stop making games for teh regular xbox, you think?

Also,

I do not have an xbox 360 (not do I plan on getting one anytime soon),

I have Halo 2, Doom 3, some splinter cell I stole from my brother, Mech Assault, and Fable.

Fable is one player, I know, but it's the coolest game for xbox.

=]

Nov 26, 2005 at 9:07 AM Post #22 of 282
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
Will they stop making games for teh regular xbox, you think?

Also,

I do not have an xbox 360 (not do I plan on getting one anytime soon),

I have Halo 2, Doom 3, some splinter cell I stole from my brother, Mech Assault, and Fable.

Fable is one player, I know, but it's the coolest game for xbox.

=]

M$ has stated that they will continue to support the original XBox and have new games for at least another year. Of course, the top tier developers have jumped to the XBox 360, so don't expect blockbuster titles.

-Ed

Nov 29, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #24 of 282
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Man, I cannot get over how good this looks, CoD2 looks amazing!

It is pretty sweet. With coaching from my son, I am getting better, although he just kicked me out of his room. He wasn't able to get to sleep with me playing.

Nov 29, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #25 of 282
Are you playing on an HD set? This make the 50" HDTV I bought worth so much more. Now if I could just get my wife to give up the controller! She has discovered Hexic.

Nov 29, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #26 of 282
Quote:

Are you playing on an HD set? This make the 50" HDTV I bought worth so much more. Now if I could just get my wife to give up the controller! She has discovered Hexic.

DOH!

It's all over now.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Nov 29, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #28 of 282
BigEKF

Nov 29, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #29 of 282
Quote:

Man, I cannot get over how good this looks, CoD2 looks amazing!

And this is coming from a guy with a very nice PC setup.

Nov 30, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #30 of 282
Hey, tyrion.

You have the Core Pack, right?

Can you post a pic of what the XBox 360 console looks like with the default hard drive cover plate thingy in place? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Did you manage to get a Hard Drive yet?

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back