Xbox 360 game discussion/impressions thread
Nov 16, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #77 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
for the second time but am going through on "insane" this time.

I'm in act III on insane. It's not as difficult as I thought it would be, except for me, the Wretches are much more annoying.

Quote:

the amount of detail in every little thing

Yeah, that is very impressive. In the Stranded/kryll chapters, I spent some time in the houses looking for repeating textures; couldn't find that many. The days of "tiled" shooters may be over. It makes some things stick out though. Why are the same couches and chairs used throughout the game, and the same broken down cars? It can always get better.

One thing I've noticed is the subtle personalities of the squad. Dom and A-Train are friggin' idiots who charge into everything, while Baird is the guy hangin' back. I usually stick with Baird, let Dom and Train soften them, and pick off the rest.

Nov 16, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #78 of 204
Agreed, those damn wretches probably kill me more than any other creature... especially the glowing ones! I noticed the chairs too but it didn't really set me back... just something to notice. Insane is not as hard as say Legendary on Halo but you do need to take more use of the cover. The squad AI is pretty weak but enemy AI is not too bad... when they have the numbers a few will hang back with suppressing fire while one or two charge with shotguns.

Does anyone know if you can alter the split-screen so it is vertical vs. horizontal? I would have thought they'd have corrected that for all the folks with w/s tv's.

Nov 17, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #79 of 204
I've had a pretty busy week today having to deal with two exams. Been delaying my GOW purchase!!!! Can't wait to get it tomorrow. I'm driving straight to the nearest mall after class.
rs1smile.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #80 of 204
Lets play some GoW tonight guys, or how about Saturday night? The wife will be out of town, so it's pizza and beer night! I'll grab some Red Bulls instead of the beer and frag some Head-Fiers!

Nov 17, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #82 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The squad AI is pretty weak but enemy AI is not too bad..

I played co-op over live last night. That is the way this game is meant to be played. All the reviews weren't kidding about that. I know you're a hardcore sp guy Wake, but decided to just bring that to the table.

It's more enjoyable when one doesn't have to worry about Dom expiring every five seconds or split screen. Thanks to my partner, I now have all the insane achievments.

--

I'm really starting to get into live, and looking to build my friends list. If anyone is searching for a older dude to play anything with (30) look me up for co-op or multi. Be warned, while gaming, my mouth can be foul at times. However, I refrain from trash talk.

GT: Jack n Tacos

Nov 17, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #83 of 204
I've never played online before only downloaded some things and I would have to get the Gold thing to do it. I wouldn't even know how... I'm a total newb to that stuff. Maybe I'll give it a go if it's not too much of a PITA. My tag is jedimasterbauer.

Nov 18, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #85 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ You' should of received a gold trial with your 360 or GoW.

If you decide to try it, let me know, and I'll send an invite.

Thanks man, I may hit you up Thanksgiving weekend. btw - Do you or any other GOW gamers know if there is more than one way to kill RAAM? I'm stuck on him on insane and I've been turned to meat chunks by his stupid birds more times than I can count. I even unloaded on him with the chain gun for a few seconds and he still kept coming... WTH?

Nov 18, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #87 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you or any other GOW gamers know if there is more than one way to kill RAAM?

Yeah, I don't know how the hell Mauler got to the turrent without the Kryll killing him. They always get me. We had more trouble with exploding Wretches than Raam on the train.

Anyway, in first cover position, we would sniper Raam until he was right against the closest barracade (where we were). Then blind fire grenades when he is point blank. The barracade keeps you safe. When running for cover (I was shooting for the far barracade opposite the original first barracade (cut scene cover..), first cover, for a second, at the side of the dumpster with light, to scatter the kryll, then run for the opposite barracade.

Raam then works back toward you. More head shots, then when he is close, and your out of grenades, blind fire his ass with the Lancer. He takes forever to flank your cover, so I blind fire point blank as much as possible before jetting.

Edit: RAAM is much much harder on Insane. As you figured out!

Nov 20, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #88 of 204
Well I answered my own question if anyone cares, you can kill RAAM without using the chain gun. I beat him this weekend without moving from the first position of cover. I started with the Torque Bow (about 10 shots) then my grenades, the all 39 rounds from the shotgun and I think I was down to about the last of two cylinders of my previously full magnum when he finally died. After I started playing again! Damn this game is addicting!

So anyone picking up Las Vegas this week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back