X5 - New Firmware: Suggestions (other than Playlist features)
Dec 26, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #32 of 49
Any chance of getting Album Artist as well as/instead of Artist in the Play By Category list? 

I have tons of miscellaneous artists that only exist on compilations, and they make the Artists list much too unwieldy.  I'd much rather have them buried under Various. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #34 of 49
An option to more big fonts.

Also more themes.

Some M3U8 playlist with lines that exceeds 100 characters blocks de devices.

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #37 of 49
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #38 of 49

Hi,

I only have a few wishes

- Setting to configure the rotation direction of the when in the main menu (Clockwise / Anticlockwise). After more than 9 months I still cannot get used to the default implementation

- The possibility to copy a files & folders from a OTG USB drive to the internal micro-SD cars to be able to transfer files without connecting to a PC.

- Rename the pre-defined Equalizer names (Metal, Rock etc.) to something which is meaningful to me.

- Remaining battery level in percentage.

That's all
smile_phones.gif
 I am already very happy with FW 2.4 as it is now.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #39 of 49
Generally, I think 2.4 fixed most of my major problems with the X5, most importantly the 5800 song limit for the tag database. I do think there are some relatively easy to implement features that will increase usability greatly.

1. When scrolling through lists that may become large(files, artists, albums, etc) the skip buttons should go to the next letter, rather than just the next entry. I have close to 30,000 songs on my X5, and it takes almost 2 minutes for me to even reach the R's on my list of artists. I would like to be able to skip down to R entries by just hitting the lower right button a few times. Using the skip buttons currently doesn't have any advantage over using the click wheel to navigate lists, other than saving yr fingers some repetitive circular movement.

2. When updating the media lib, there should be an option for a "fast update". The device should store a timestamp of the last time the library was updated (probably two timestamps, one for last full update, and one for last "fast update"). It can then use this timestamp to only scan files which have a Date Modified that occurs after the stored timestamp. Like I said in my previous post, I have a relatively large media library, and every time I add an album, it has to take 20 minutes to rescan every file. This strikes me as unnecessary and inefficient. The only time I should have to do a full rescan of all stored files is when I have removed something from my SD card.

3. This is minor, but would still be nice. The player should have full Unicode support. I use the player in English, and any artists, songs, albums, files, etc. that contain international characters (specifically characters with an umlaut) have their special characters replaced with Chinese characters. Since it is typically only one letter, I can still tell what it is supposed to say, but it would look nicer if Blümchen, didn't have a random chinese character in place of the ü.

Both of these features should be relatively easy implementations, and would really increase usability for me, or anyone else who uses the X5 with a large library of music. I'd take on the task myself, but when looking through the X5 Custom Firmware thread, I realized that only firmware assets are editable, and not the actual code.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #40 of 49
Hi,

I only have a few wishes

- Setting to configure the rotation direction of the when in the main menu (Clockwise / Anticlockwise). After more than 9 months I still cannot get used to the default implementation

- The possibility to copy a files & folders from a OTG USB drive to the internal micro-SD cars to be able to transfer files without connecting to a PC.

- Rename the pre-defined Equalizer names (Metal, Rock etc.) to something which is meaningful to me.

- Remaining battery level in percentage.

That's all :smile_phones:  I am already very happy with FW 2.4 as it is now.

Hey Can solve one of your problem. See the custom firmware thread for x5 for the scrool wheel and possibility for other rethemes

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #41 of 49
I am very happy with the improvements thus far.  I'm enjoying 2.4, but I am using the "Modern Simplicity" modded firmware - it does a much better job of displaying album art.

I would like to see a "crossfeed" adjustment added, similar to the one used by the Neutron Music Player app.  This makes a big difference on the perceived sound quality of some music, particularly through head phones.

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #43 of 49
1 - Replaygain

2 - An option to use the Album Artist tag for the Play by Category list

3 - Sort albums in Play by Category by date rather than alphabet.

4 - support other date format than just yyyy. I use yyyy-mm-dd for my date tags which should be usable for sorting.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #44 of 49
My suggestion is to have the library structure for genre the same as for artist. It should go GENRE>LIST OF ALBUM ARTISTS>LIST OF ALBUMS>TRACKS

The current set up has its uses, but is useless for aiding in navigation of large libraries.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #45 of 49

Cosmetical enhancements:

5. In System settings - About X5 – “TF card 1 total capacity: 29.5 G” it’s better to change  to “TF card 1 total capacity: 29.5 Gb”. The other lines change the same way

6. In System settings - About X5 – “Total no. of songs: 1500songs” it’s better to change  to “Total number of songs: 1500” or “Total number of songs: 1500 songs” (with space after number 1500)

7. In System settings – Key-lock settings – “Lockscreen 1” there is no indent at the left side. I suggest to rename it to “Mode 1”, “Mode 2”, “Mode 3” to fit them nice

8. In System settings – USB mode “Storage / DAC” I suggest to align to right word “Storage” without space after it, like the “>” aligned to right to make it look better. The same in “Play settings – Resume mode – Last position”, “Power-on volume – Last setting”, make it all aligned to right without space at the right

9. On the main display I suggest to add a space between 44.1, kHz, / , 16 in “44.1 kHz / 16 bit”

10. I suggest adding a folder icon “Play through folders” in shortcuts and in “Play settings – Play mode” instead of a menu item “Play through folders - On/Off”.

When I want to “repeat only one folder” or “play one folder and stop” I have to change Play mode and after that go to “Play settings” and switch off “Play through folders”. It’s very inconvenient. It’s better to change play mode in shortcuts or in “Play settings – Play mode”

11. When I open folder with cue sheet it show track numbers this way: “Track01.WAVE”, “Track01.WAVE”, “Track01.WAVE”… even if the music file is in Flac or Ape format. It always shows “.WAVE”. I suggest to show the extension of original file format (Track01.wav, Track01.flac, Track01.ape). And to better understand that I opened folder with cue sheet I suggest to change the “folder icon / folder name” at the top of the list to “cue sheet icon / folder name”

12. When I open folder, then playlist in it, the font changes to small. It looks not so good. I suggest to open playlist the same way like it is a folder, but change a “folder icon / folder name” at the top of list to “playlist icon / playlist name”

13. In “Play settings – File name display – Track name display” I suggest to change to “Track title display – Track title / File name”

14. I suggest to rename “EQ:OFF” to “EQ:Off” at the top and in EQ menu. So it will look the same way like “EQ:Rock”, “EQ:Jazz”…

15. When I go “Play by category – Artist – All songs” it sorts and play all tracks by the artist alphabetically. I suggest to sort them in original album order so that it plays first album in original order, then second album and so on. Now it’s very inconvenient because if I have 5 albums with track named “01. Track name 1”, “02. Track name 2”, “03. Track name 3”, “04. Track name 4” and play All albums by Artist it always play first track of each album, then second track of each album and so on. It’s not interesting to listen in such order. Maybe it’s better to have an option in menu “Play all albums by artist – Album order / Alphabetical order”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back