X3II next firmware bug / improvements wish list
Jun 21, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #48 of 89
Yes, a cable helped. But after doing an A/B comparison between the Pure i20 and the Fiio, there's still a very great difference (I mean, without an EQ). I just can't get the Fiio to sound as good, for whatever reason (one's streaming through Toslink, the other through Coax, but they shouldn't sound so different). Sadly--and I really am bummed about this--I've decided to return the Fiio. For me, it mostly sounds okay (tinny and thin in places, but mostly okay) until I do the A/B comparison--that's when I realize how really different the signals are and (again, for whatever reason) how much better the sound is through the Pure i20. One feels like I'm listening to music that sounds okay; the other sounds like I'm listening to pure euphoric magic. I just assumed, when I bought the Fiio, that there'd be no difference. But the difference is such that it's not merely a matter of getting used to it.

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #49 of 89
@Joe Bloggs
Would it be possible for you to give us firmware hungry people over here some details about what's to change with the upcoming firmwares?
Is it planned to add replaygain or a different playlistmanagement?
What is under developement?

I guess some things are too early to tell, but please give us some juice :)

Also, I ran unto a bug:
When the X3 is in standby mode for some time (over night) I can hear some sough through HO, this wasn't an issue with the previous firmwares...

Jul 3, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #50 of 89
thought about another improvements:

* the ability to control the screen-brightness with the scroll wheel:
maybe with a shortcut entry or press select and the scroll wheel at the same time (I know, it's already set for volume control... but there are currently three ways to control the volume)

* disable the scroll wheel when screen is turned off

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #51 of 89
And the most important feature: a shortcut to the equalizer on the «now playing» screen!

Jul 5, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #53 of 89
I'm curious how many people would be upset if the default action of the scroll wheel on the now playing screen was to change volume rather than to scroll through the album? It seems like this would make much more sense.

Perhaps allow the user to choose which setting they are changing in some menu?

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #54 of 89
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 6, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #55 of 89
How is the scroll wheel enabled when the screen is off right now?
confused.gif

it wasn't well described, sorry.
what I mean is, when the screen is turned off the wheel still is active. e.g. when I turn the wheel after the screen goes black, the device shows the current running playlist, but of course only shows it when I turn the screen back on. do you get what I mean? hard to describe in a different language...

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #56 of 89
  I'm curious how many people would be upset if the default action of the scroll wheel on the now playing screen was to change volume rather than to scroll through the album? It seems like this would make much more sense.

Perhaps allow the user to choose which setting they are changing in some menu?

definitely, a user changeable option would be great. set what the combination "select (center button) + wheel" does would be very welcome.

but for me the scroll wheel action showing the current playing folder/playlist is a good feature. I'd simply change the shortcut combo for select+wheel.

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #57 of 89
it wasn't well described, sorry.

what I mean is, when the screen is turned off the wheel still is active. e.g. when I turn the wheel after the screen goes black, the device shows the current running playlist, but of course only shows it when I turn the screen back on. do you get what I mean? hard to describe in a different language...

Makes sense and that is the way it functions. Maybe it is not intended to work that way, but it does.

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #59 of 89
1. Please please remove the 5800 song limit. I have really enjoyed the player so far but haven't finished loading my entire library which is >20,000 songs.

2. I saw someone else suggest "when searching by album or artist, it should be great to browse by first letter with bottom keys (A, B, C, ...) and then make fine browsing by the scroll wheel". This would be incredibly helpful (quicker) for larger libraries and a great improvement over the previous iPod classic to search through many artists.

This is my first post here but I understand fiio does a great job at listening to what it's user are saying. I read through many reviews on this site when deciding on this new player and know it will be incredibly popular with people looking for iPod classic alternatives. I realize that has not been your target audience necessarily with your DAPs. There will be a large void in the marketplace soon with no more iPod classics and I think with a few minor firmware updates that Fiio will be the major player to fill the market.

Thanks for making a great sounding player (to my novice ear). Thanks even more for listening to your users!

1.  I xxxx agree - the song limit is hitting some of us a bit hard... we're stuck with file browsing for songs instead of allowing it to be categorized and filed like a library.  With the ability to use OTG port for additional storage, we should also have the ability to scan in OTG files and add them to the library.  If the OTG device is removed, the FW should have flagged those tracks that were on the OTG device and remove them automatically from the library. 

2.  The option to scroll through large libraries alphabetically is crucial - I highly recommend that feature be added. 

Great player - excellent sound quality.  Moving up from a D2 (old school), this is exponentially better quality - especially adding a headphone amplifier.  The addition of the E12 has made a significant improvement as well.

@JamesFiiO

Jul 17, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #60 of 89
Love the x3ii, quite surprised about the big improvement in sound quality compared to my Rockboxed iPod Classic 5.5.

Just finally managed to load my music collection onto a 128gb SD card. Previously had a cheap 128gb card from eBay which turned out to be only 8gb, seller did refund though so cant complain.

Now I don't love my x3 so much anymore. Have the following gripes, all have been mentioned before but I'll
mention them again

1. 5800 song limit What!

2. Scroll wheel speed What!

3. Order bands by Album artist and not individual song artist. Keeps the list of artists smaller, see point 2!

Took me 30 seconds to scroll through to Moby, takes a couple on my Rockboxed iPod. Going to get RSI using the x3

Sound quality is so good but the UI is a real deal breaker for me, please do something about lt. :mad:. Back to my modded 256gb Rockboxed iPod in the meantime :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back