X3 Movie spoiler.
May 27, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #16 of 81
Oops.......

That was kind of pointless of me.
redface.gif

May 27, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #17 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD-5000
No, no, no! You got it completely wrong.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9&q=juggernaut

This video surfaced on the internet a few months ago and its one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Enjoy.

Ahhh, I see. I posted that from my friend's computer where I could not watch the video. I guess from how I saw it having not seen the internet movie, and how he said it in the film, I immediately linked it to the infamous Rick James skit from the Chapelle Show. That video is hilarious by the way
tongue.gif
. My opinion has changed quite a bit about that line in the movie
icon10.gif

May 27, 2006 at 9:19 AM Post #18 of 81
If you liked Ellen Page, the super-cute actress who plays Kitty Pride, go see the severely disturbing indie movie "Hard Candy" where she plays a teenager who turns tables on a chat-room pedophile. The lass is definitely talented (and under-utilized in X3). Hopefully she won't go downhill like Natalie Portman post-Leon.

May 28, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #21 of 81
I only read a little of the X-men comics, can anyone tell me how did Jane Grey come out of water after she was taken by the current at the end of the second movie?

p.s. $44 million on Friday, not bad.

May 28, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #22 of 81
just watched this, won't spoil it for anyone, let's just say it was fun movie fare but purists will get pissed - it's hollywood after all!

May 28, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #23 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I only read a little of the X-men comics, can anyone tell me how did Jane Grey come out of water after she was taken by the current at the end of the second movie?

p.s. $44 million on Friday, not bad.

The story of Jean Grey/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix in the comic book was completely different than the explanation for her transformation in the movies. But, at the end of X2 when she was overtaken by the water, she was surrounded with a "telepathic cocoon" that kept her safe. It's explained in the new movie.

May 28, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #25 of 81
i really didn't like it that much..

i won't spoil the movie but...

if you want me to , i'll post stuff i thought about it. I saw it just tonight... i was kinda annoyed by the time I left. I definatley preferred X2.

May 28, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #26 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
so telepathic cocoon is the power that hiding inside her

Not quite, see the movie.

May 28, 2006 at 9:08 AM Post #27 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by damayor521
In regards to those two "endings" I think they purposely left it open-ended just in case they do decide to make an X4.

Agreed.
*Spoiler* If you think abt it, Prof Xavier survived (as you'd learn if you stayed till after the credits), they didn't explicitly show Cyclops being killed, Magneto seemed to have retained some of his powers at the end of the show which might suggest that the "cure" could have been less effective/permanent than we have been led to believe (so there's the possibility of Rogue and Mystique returning as well), and Jean Grey, with her "infinite potential", might be resurrected again like she had been in XIII as Phoenix. *Spoiler*

May 28, 2006 at 9:51 AM Post #28 of 81
I was pretty disappointed by the movie, but then again I wasn't a huge fan of the other movies either... X3 was way too short, and they really tried to stuff too many mutants into it... Instead they should have focused on the core group with a few new additions (Shadowcat etc) which would allow for a much tighter story. What we got though was a mish-mash of a story that felt utterly rushed.

May 28, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #30 of 81
Isn't there going to be some sort of Wolverine spin-off? I hope not, but I have heard rumours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back