X-fi Xtrememusic. Should I get it? oops, wrong section
Jun 8, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #76 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
By the way, is using a simple Y cable splitter for headphones and speakers plugged in at the same time a bad idea?

I edited that in. Anybody know?

Jun 9, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #77 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Video games are awful, and you lose interest as you get older I think. I think that the people you meet online are just terrible themself, or atleast in video games. 98% of the people I meet in video games are probably nowhere near as intelligent as those on head-fi, are lowlifes, children, drug users, etc. They are an awful influence, and I think staying away from them is probably a good idea.

Hey now, I take offense to that! I've been a gamer since I was a wee lad (talking Wings of Fury on an Apple IIgs). Games are are a good way to release tension built up during the usual workday, and adding a little alcohol doesn't hurt
icon10.gif

BTW, the ExtremeMusic isn't too bad of a card. I've been using one for a few months now as my dedicated speaker card & it sounds quite good for the price.

Jun 9, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #78 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Hey now, I take offense to that! I've been a gamer since I was a wee lad (talking Wings of Fury on an Apple IIgs). Games are are a good way to release tension built up during the usual workday, and adding a little alcohol doesn't hurt
icon10.gif

BTW, the ExtremeMusic isn't too bad of a card. I've been using one for a few months now as my dedicated speaker card & it sounds quite good for the price.

Yes, I am shocked with the difference, and I haven't even played games with it yet. And that's using my XD400s. The difference is just
basshead.gif

Any responses to my Y cable question?

Jun 9, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #79 of 85
Quote:

Yes, I am shocked with the difference, and I haven't even played games with it yet. And that's using my XD400s. The difference is just
basshead.gif

Any responses to my Y cable question?

Much better to buy a switch, becasue the cable will output sound to both 1/8" jacks from your speakers and hedaphones attached. Unless your speakers have a power switch there's not much of an easy route out. The Y cable also might feed out lower volumed sound I believe.

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #80 of 85
Do you know a good place to get one of those switches? I can't find any.

By the way. I tried a demo of BF 2, and good lord it is amazing. I think I'm going to buy it. Does anybody know if the BF1942 collectors pack is worth it? It's only $15. Is it any good with online play?

Dang. This is starting to get costly.
smily_headphones1.gif
I also want to get one of those clip on zalman microphones.

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #81 of 85
Quote:

Do you know a good place to get one of those switches? I can't find any.

By the way. I tried a demo of BF 2, and good lord it is amazing. I think I'm going to buy it. Does anybody know if the BF1942 collectors pack is worth it? It's only $15. Is it any good with online play?

Dang. This is starting to get costly.
smily_headphones1.gif
I also want to get one of those clip on zalman microphones.

Bestbuy in Canada sells a platronic switch, that's what I use. I don't really like headsets, but I do like microphones on the desk, they work as long as you have headphones. Bestbuy in the US probably sells the plantronics switch as well. But you'll need to be able to turn off your speakers somehow or it won't really work.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #82 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Bestbuy in Canada sells a platronic switch, that's what I use. I don't really like headsets, but I do like microphones on the desk, they work as long as you have headphones. Bestbuy in the US probably sells the plantronics switch as well. But you'll need to be able to turn off your speakers somehow or it won't really work.

Do you mean as in a power button on the speakers? If so, my speakers do have that.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #83 of 85
Quote:

Do you mean as in a power button on the speakers? If so, my speakers do have that.

Yes, what you need to do is buy something like the plantronic switch. When you switch it to headphones, you turn the speakers off and it only outputs to the headphones. When you want to use your speakers, you switch to the speaker option, and it will ignore the headphones, only outputting to the speakers. It also has an mic input incase you have a headset. In that case, it turns on when you switch to headphones / headset.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #85 of 85
Quote:

Is there a way to make the master volume a lot less sensitive? I have it at 1%, which is plenty for my headphones, but not when i switch to speakers.

What do you mean? Just scroll it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back