X-fi Xtrememusic. Should I get it? oops, wrong section
Jun 8, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #61 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
This is coming from the guy who has his mom buy his audio gear.
rolleyes.gif

Different parents for different folks
biggrin.gif
. Meh, probably will get a job this summer. And where do you get your money yourself? It's hard to get a decent paying job at 13 that isn't total BS.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #62 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
I set it to Mic-in/Line-In.

Nothing. What do I have to change? Line in volume is up all of the way.

*edit*
Is there a way to have headphones and speakers connected at the same time? Can I use the other plug for that, or is that not possible?

That's the main idea of the elite pro or platnium. You need to get a switch for the 1/8" fl/fr jack that way you can plug your speakers into all three jacks and plug your headphones in. That only works though if your speakers have a switch.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #63 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
That's the main idea of the elite pro or platnium. You need to get a switch for the 1/8" fl/fr jack that way you can plug your speakers into all three jacks and plug your headphones in. That only works though if your speakers have a switch.

I'm thinking of getting a low price 2.1 system with a headphone plug on the external dial thing. Then I don't have to lean down behind my pc every time to plug/unplug.

Any solutions to my mic problem anyone?

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #64 of 85
Quote:

Different parents for different folks
biggrin.gif
. Meh, probably will get a job this summer. And where do you get your money yourself? It's hard to get a decent paying job at 13 that isn't total BS.

My parents used to pay for all my crap too, it's called being too spoiled to know what's good for you. I have a pt job, and I do a lot of woodworking at home, that's how I pay for all of my gear. And it depends on what you consider total BS, I'd take a job cleaning bathrooms if it meant I coud keep buying all the gear I want and not have to ask my parents whenever I want something.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #65 of 85
Quote:

I'm thinking of getting a low price 2.1 system with a headphone plug on the external dial thing. Then I don't have to lean down behind my pc every time to plug/unplug.

Better to use a switch like what I said, but they are not too good either. The headphone outs on speaker systems as the one your referring to are quite bad.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #66 of 85
Quote:

It should work with the mic/line in, are you sure the mic is still working? Maybe you need new drivers for it.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #67 of 85
Quote:

My parents used to pay for all my crap too, it's called being too spoiled to know what's good for you. I have a pt job, and I do a lot of woodworking at home, that's how I pay for all of my gear. And it depends on what you consider total BS, I'd take a job cleaning bathrooms if it meant I coud keep buying all the gear I want and not have to ask my parents whenever I want something.

I'm fine being spoiled atm, and after my barmitzvah I'll have a load of more stuff. I'll get a job probably in a year or two, I need to find something that I'll enjoy though, although that probably won't happen. I'de like to work in sales if possible at some electronic stores because I'm generally modest and don't BS people, I can understand their point of views and not say stuff like "build your own computer."

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #68 of 85
Quote:

It should work with the mic/line in, are you sure the mic is still working? Maybe you need new drivers for it.

Try the audio creation mode, and check if the mic is muted and stuff. Try windows control panel sound device thing and make sure nothings turned off either.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #69 of 85
Quote:

I'm fine being spoiled atm, and after my barmitzvah I'll have a load of more stuff. I'll get a job probably in a year or two, I need to find something that I'll enjoy though, although that probably won't happen. I'de like to work in sales if possible at some electronic stores because I'm generally modest and don't BS people, I can understand their point of views and not say stuff like "build your own computer."

You told the OP he needs to buy a new computer when he listed the specs, you definitely should work at someplace like Comp USA.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #70 of 85
Quote:

You told the OP he needs to buy a new computer when he listed the specs, you definitely should work at someplace like Comp USA.

Doesn't exist in Canada. Hehe, his computers motherboard is evidently outdated, it would be most wise to buy or build a new computer just so you can upgrade to a newer socket and probably dual core, which would last for another several years.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #71 of 85
Quote:

Doesn't exist in Canada. Hehe, his computers motherboard is evidently outdated, it would be most wise to buy or build a new computer just so you can upgrade to a newer socket and probably dual core, which would last for another several years.

It's obviously working for him, so why criticize him and tell him it's a piece of junk and he needs to upgrade, my old computer was pretty outdated but it did everything well enough for me and it played music prefectly fine. Not everybody wants the same setup as you.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #72 of 85
Yeah, I know my computer's getting to the point of being out of date.

By the way, the mic's working now, but I need to find a closeby place to put it. For some reason, the mic volume was all the way down, when I specifically turned it up.

*edit*
I also needed to find a place to put it, since I was previously using a labtec headset with a mic. The microphone is now between my mouse and keyboard.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #73 of 85
Quote:

It's obviously working for him, so why criticize him and tell him it's a piece of junk and he needs to upgrade, my old computer was pretty outdated but it did everything well enough for me and it played music prefectly fine. Not everybody wants the same setup as you.

Well, just a compilation of things, such as him switching to opera. Make sure the audio creation panel has the mic set up with the audio control panel settings.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #74 of 85
Quote:

Well, just a compilation of things, such as him switching to opera. Make sure the audio creation panel has the mic set up with the audio control panel settings.

Actually, I'm back to firefox.
tongue.gif
Nice try, though. I like how simple it is, but firefox is my favorite. The crashing has stopped for no apparent reason.

By the way, is using a simple Y cable splitter for headphones and speakers plugged in at the same time a bad idea?

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #75 of 85
Quote:

Actually, I'm back to firefox.
tongue.gif
Nice try, though. I like how simple it is, but firefox is my favorite. The crashing has stopped for no apparent reason.

I used to be on a 2 ghz. It's not terribly awful, but it's not fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back