x can v8 appreciation thread
Jul 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #181 of 441
I had no problems buying the cables, the seller has a 100% rating, but fair enough.

As for snake oil, well he has the same sort of claims all cable makers make, but for under £30 I am sure I would struggle to get the parts, let alone the time to make anything as well as he does.
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #182 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no problems buying the cables, the seller has a 100% rating, but fair enough.

As for snake oil, well he has the same sort of claims all cable makers make, but for under £30 I am sure I would struggle to get the parts, let alone the time to make anything as well as he does.
biggrin.gif

It's nice that you like your new cables
smile.gif
I just don't want to buy this way...i prefer to go to some audio stores,try out some cables...you know!

Jul 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #184 of 441
eBay has Audioquest stuff for cheap but buy from a USA seller only. Those Chinese ones are probably clones/fakes.

I bought some "King Cobra's" and "HDMI-3" for a total of $125, like $500 less than suggested retail...

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #185 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by crash013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where does everyone buy this amp from for a good price?

Underwood Audio (outside of Atlanta) sold me mine. Under $400.

Jul 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #186 of 441
Underwood has them for $550, I just checked their site out.

Jul 22, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #187 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Underwood has them for $550, I just checked their site out.

Damn! Big price jump. To be honest, when I called they had a couple of B-stock units on Audiogon for $369, but had just sold them. Salesman let me have it new for $398, I didn't hesitate. Great service, BTW.

Jul 22, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #188 of 441
It's too bad but a used V3 can still be had for very reasonable prices. Once modded it sounds nearly identical to a V8.

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #189 of 441
Quote:

It's too bad but a used V3 can still be had for very reasonable prices. Once modded it sounds nearly identical to a V8.

I can attest to the same, with an X-CANS given the full works by Rock Grotto.

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #190 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can attest to the same, with an X-CANS given the full works by Rock Grotto.

I don't agree at all. I've owned a fully modded X-Can V3 for years and IME the V8 is much better. Much smoother, much more power and more detail.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #191 of 441
Yeah the X-CanV8P is still way better, but the sound of the modded v3 is far better than stock.

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #192 of 441
Just got my new Little Pinkie V3i in the mail and it made a noticeable improvement on he bass. Dynamics seems to be stepped up as well as a quieter backgrounds and overall better separation of instruments. I also noticed the stereo imaging was way better.

UPDATE: I noticed the sound is much fuller and more rounded and detail has stepped up as well as the soundstaging abilities of the X-CanV8P. Bass now has a deep and powerful rumble to it (like thunder off in the distance).

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #193 of 441
Quote:

Just got my new Little Pinkie V3i in the mail and it made a noticeable improvement on he bass. Dynamics seems to be stepped up as well as a quieter backgrounds and overall better separation of instruments. I also noticed the stereo imaging was way better.

UPDATE: I noticed the sound is much fuller and more rounded and detail has stepped up as well as the soundstaging abilities of the X-CanV8P. Bass now has a deep and powerful rumble to it (like thunder off in the distance).

Congratulations!
I'm enjoying V8+D7000 everyday. I have no attention on HD800,ED8,PS1000.......
V8 is born for DENON!!
beyersmile.png

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #194 of 441
those with the x-canV8 and the x-PSUV8, have any tried a sturdier AC cable? Or even some exotic variety over the stock Musical Fidelity AC cord?

Has the performance truly been noticeable?

thanks!

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #195 of 441
Another question for the x can v8 + xpsu v8 owners:

As i have told in some posts back here,i leave the x can v8 on all the time,because the sound quality is better this way.If i buy the xpsu v8(which has an on/off switch),should i leave it on all the time to have consistent sound quality,as i do with the standard wallwart?Or there is a danger to damage the amp/psu if i do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back