x can v8 appreciation thread
Jul 13, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #166 of 441
Great news. After I sold 3 headphones an here I'm gonna get a Little Pinkie from PinkFloyd. So I should be cooking now! Any recs for a good $300 DAC?

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #167 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great news. After I sold 3 headphones an here I'm gonna get a Little Pinkie from PinkFloyd. So I should be cooking now! Any recs for a good $300 DAC?

I'd say DACmagic is the closest choice to your price tag.

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #168 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah when I use my DIY silver HD600 cables it sounds very lively, but with stock it sounds muffled... odd.

My hd600's with 650 cable don't sound muffled out of the x can v8.And note that my sony dvd/sacd player is a bit "flat" sounding overall.(it's not bad for a dvd though)

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #169 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another week and off work now, so racking up the hours. After another 50 or so there are not the changes that there were originally. Everything has evened out. For a while the bass felt it was taking over, but now it is the MF midrange that dominates. Overall, it is as if it has come full circle and is now back to the original sound. But along the way it has picked up clarity more than anything else.

Some similar experience here.I found the sound of the x can v8 to change as time passes,it becomes better with more open soundstage,more precise imaging,slightly better dynamics,good clarity and the midrange is also better.Overall a transparent,lively sound that has a nice smoothness at the same time.I'm looking forward to buy better interconnect to get rid of the slight grainy highs(although they are not harsh)
I wanna buy new interconnects,xpsu v8 and some new cd's but no money now
frown.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #170 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some similar experience here.I found the sound of the x can v8 to change as time passes,it becomes better with more open soundstage,more precise imaging,slightly better dynamics,good clarity and the midrange is also better.Overall a transparent,lively sound that has a nice smoothness at the same time.I'm looking forward to buy better interconnect to get rid of the slight grainy highs(although they are not harsh)
frown.gif

X2
smily_headphones1.gif
Indeed it gets better every day.
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #171 of 441
My friend is giving back my K601's, any idea on how they fair on this amp? They should be powered decently.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #172 of 441
I plan to buy the V8P for my daughter. But we live in Thailand (220v) and she will be using it half of the year in USA (110v). Can you please advise if the included power supply is universal 100-240V or a dedicated 110V for US? Thanks.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #173 of 441
I don't think you can use it in the USA with an adapter, but I'm totally unsure.

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #174 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I plan to buy the V8P for my daughter. But we live in Thailand (220v) and she will be using it half of the year in USA (110v). Can you please advise if the included power supply is universal 100-240V or a dedicated 110V for US? Thanks.

Maybe you should contact Musical Fidelity to be sure.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #176 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by crash013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where does everyone buy this amp from for a good price?

I bought mine from the local distributor here in greece.
If you want to find it at a good price,then i think you should look at the for sale forum.
Although my personal opinion is to be very carefull when you buy from the internet.It's better to give a few more money to get it new from a store in my opinion.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #177 of 441
Agree. Where possible always get from a local dealer whom will be able to settle any problems if there is any. Music Direct do carry them. You might check it out.

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #178 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

I have bought new interconnects to go from DAC to the amp. They are on ebay - Silver High Breed. I paid about £25 for 0.5 meters. They have added another level of detail to the music and are highly rated and favourably compared to much more expensive stuff on the other forum I use.

I just got them yesterday, as I felt for the past week there has been no change with the sound of the amp.

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #179 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have bought new interconnects to go from DAC to the amp. They are on ebay - Silver High Breed. I paid about £25 for 0.5 meters. They have added another level of detail to the music and are highly rated and favourably compared to much more expensive stuff on the other forum I use.

I just got them yesterday, as I felt for the past week there has been no change with the sound of the amp.

Thank you for your suggestion,but i avoid buying from the internet.I like the traditional way!(go to the shops)

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #180 of 441
Make your own, that's what I do. I avoid all that "snake oil" sales pitching nonsense and trust my own ears and wallet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back