Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good.
Mar 23, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #3,586 of 4,363
May you suggest me some models of the Cambridge audio amplifiers ? It’s much easier to find it in Europe than the American brand that has been mentioned in this topic.
Search the network for amplifiers that cost 250-300 euros, then to compare the user experience on the forums, and then to search for the ones you have chosen on the used market.
That way you can get better quality for the budget

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #3,588 of 4,363
Let me just say I mainly wanted to highlight your statement for being totally out there IMO. How did you come up with this?
Personal experience
My system is currently 7,6K, and I'm following upgrades that I know will further affect them.
For example, their bass has never been powerful, and with the current system their bass would satisfy any bass-head audiophile, and the point is that everything else has evolved
they are completely different headphones from the ones I heard on the Marantz HD DAC1, with the same character. And a lot of times I thought it couldn't get any better, so I'm going to the next upgrade because they can still
On each added cable, they showed a change, while the other headphones were unchanged.
I never made fictitious pompous statements
I don't care how my thoughts will be accepted, I don't have any benefits from embellishing what it is.
From others I expect (on this forum) to show me the way in which I will improve my audio experience, and I present my observations to point out to others the possibilities

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #3,590 of 4,363
If I had 1K at my disposal to make a headphone system, then it would be like this

-USB cable-100e
-headphone cable-100e
-power cable -150 e
-DAC / Amp 650 e

And, of course everything bought through the used market
That is far from 90%, but that's how I would use such a budget

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #3,591 of 4,363
Personal experience
My system is currently 7,6K, and I'm following upgrades that I know will further affect them.
For example, their bass has never been powerful, and with the current system their bass would satisfy any bass-head audiophile, and the point is that everything else has evolved
they are completely different headphones from the ones I heard on the Marantz HD DAC1, with the same character. And a lot of times I thought it couldn't get any better, so I'm going to the next upgrade because they can still
On each added cable, they showed a change, while the other headphones were unchanged.
I never made fictitious pompous statements
I don't care how my thoughts will be accepted, I don't have any benefits from embellishing what it is.
From others I expect (on this forum) to show me the way in which I will improve my audio experience, and I present my observations to point out to others the possibilities

Makes all the difference to me compared to a wild advertisement of needing such and such amount of money. Glad I asked and that you cleared it up.

Mar 25, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #3,592 of 4,363
Makes all the difference to me compared to a wild advertisement of needing such and such amount of money. Glad I asked and that you cleared it up.
You do not need large investments to enjoy them.
I just pointed out that they are extremely scalable and give “unlimited” possibilities.
I would not degrade them with percentage

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #3,594 of 4,363
You need a selected 10K investment to get their full potential
In fact, I degraded them with this statement, because I'm sure they will improve up to 20K and I could bet on that
I think there are few headphones with such a setting.
I’m not saying they’re the best, but they’re certainly in their company
On the other hand - for those whose system it is
around 500 e, they are easily the best option ,IMO

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #3,595 of 4,363
At last days I have discovered these diamonds : 💎 HD540 Reference II 💎. After a bit of restoration and tried with some second-source earpads : 105mm velours and dedicated to TH900 genuine leather pads. I do find leather ones are better for my preferences.

Connected with own made cable from Canare StarQuad conductor and XLR plug to iCan Pro with SMSL SU-9. In simple words : they blown my mind :L3000:

Attachments

• HD540Ref21.JPG
    HD540Ref21.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • HD540Ref22.JPG
    HD540Ref22.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • HD540Ref23.JPG
    HD540Ref23.JPG
    973.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 26, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #3,596 of 4,363
At last days I have discovered these diamonds : 💎 HD540 Reference II 💎. After a bit of restoration and tried with some second-source earpads : 105mm velours and dedicated to TH900 genuine leather pads. I do find leather ones are better for my preferences.

Connected with own made cable from Canare StarQuad conductor and XLR plug to iCan Pro with SMSL SU-9. In simple words : they blown my mind :L3000:
Those pillows are beautiful

Mar 28, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #3,599 of 4,363
Another one interesting amplifier that I could find is

Schiit Asgard 2​

according to the spec it belongs to the MODULAR AMP/DAC/PRES (not the HEADPHONE AMPS). What is the difference between the both and may it be a good sollution for the price around 120 euros ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back