Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Dec 7, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #211 of 767
Too bad the fuze does not have a replaceable battery. As long as it is under warranty, sandisk replaces the player with a new one. Post warranty period, we will be on our own. Sandisk does not replace batteries and I doubt they will make the battery available. Such an excellent player, but so crappy customer support.

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #212 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://search.live.com/cashback/prod.../4018/16045498
Anyone want to try buying a Fuze from here? If MS provides the cashback, I'm sure you'll at least be getting most of your money back, with a $10 risk of getting a fake/no product. If the stores themselves provide cashback, this could be risky.

Has anyone dealed with Deal Source Direct before?

I bought it yesterday, will post my results.

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #213 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad the fuze does not have a replaceable battery. As long as it is under warranty, sandisk replaces the player with a new one. Post warranty period, we will be on our own. Sandisk does not replace batteries and I doubt they will make the battery available. Such an excellent player, but so crappy customer support.

well the fuze is pretty popular, maybe a 3rd party would replace them.

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #214 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well the fuze is pretty popular, maybe a 3rd party would replace them.

Left a question. Maybe I get an answer on the make and model of the battery. Perhaps the e200 battery fits and in that case, there is is no problem. The only problem is that the e200 batteries are quite expensive these days.

SanDisk Sansa Fuze Disassembly

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #216 of 767
I wonder what they're going to include in their firmware update this time.

Quote:

Next release of Fuze firmware will output fixed line level when connect to the Dock.

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #218 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what they're going to include in their firmware update this time.

Nicer looking gui and more backgrounds and maybe themes, and fix the eq maybe. I think I'm just wishing on these though. I do give sandisk credit for the last firmware though ogg/flac support is great. Oh RDS on the radio, the radio chip supports it (same fm chip in zune). A fake dot matrix display/oled to look like the clip display would be cool like for the text and such. Not going to happen
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #219 of 767
Apparently there are two hardware versions. V1 and V2.
I wonder what is different!! SQ as well??
I have version 1.

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #221 of 767
thought this might be helpful...thanks for the overstock.com tip...

Sansa Fuze Firmware Version 1.01.22 Release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This firmware has several new feature updates as well as many key enhancements and bug fixes, as listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

New features :

• Sleep Timer – accessed via Settings > System Settings > Sleep

Enhancements:

• Accelerating Scroll wheel speed during navigation
• File cursor position saved for last played file of each Audiobook
• GoList expanded to 200 tracks
• Add entire Artist or Album to GoList with press and hold during navigation
• Support Disc Number ID3 Tags for Sorting Multi Disc collections

Bugs Fixed:

• Play Previous disappears after power cycle
• Podcast sort order inverted
• Sometimes Fuze does not respond to Power Off switch
• Unexpected refresh database
• Files placed in Podcasts or Audiobooks folder on external card will not show up in device’s user interface
• Standard line out level is not used in Dock mode
• Device hangs on PC connection with Photo slideshow paused
• Incorrect translations in German language
• Album art does not show up after transferring using Napster application
• Cannot transfer Audible files to external card. Audible manager freezes upon selecting external card to transfer.
• Backlight setting of 5 seconds causes device to hang upon going into backlight saving mode
• MP3 128kbps VBR and CBR files skipping / popping during playback with backlight off
• Certain MP3 128kbps 44KHz CBR files play very slow
• Other miscellaneous fixes

Known Issues:

• It takes a long time (2+ min) to delete song if device has lots of content
• There is a pause (less than 1 second) when selecting “Play All” – transition not smooth
• Rating info is lost following database refresh on songs loaded in microSD
• With Rhapsody channels content, press and hold to add Artist to GoList may not work. Work around is navigate to Album level to add entire albums from one Artist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i've just updated mine...i'll report back if it begins to smoke
icon10.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #222 of 767
at least we know that version V1 is solid and sounds excellent. I wonder if V2 improves on sound quality or beefs up the headphone output.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #224 of 767
thanks for the pics...

i had read that the silver looks better than the stock photos indicate, but i had no idea that that's what the griffin dock looks like...i just ordered one ($14.99 shipped isn't too terrible) from griffin's site...

i'm tempted to pick up that silver 8gb from overstock.com...coincidentally, they have a 10% off coupon code (134868) which makes it $56.94 shipped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back