Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Dec 2, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #166 of 767
Just to note, the fuze has an excellent synergy with the FIIO 3, I tried it today with my senn hd 595 and was blown away. Sounded better with the FIIO than my touch 2g and sony s738! Good stuff indeed, more updates please sandisk, like maybe a better looking GUI. Then were talking close to perfection
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #170 of 767
3 quick questions:

1 - A user review on Amazon said that when using an expansion card, it really affects the battery runtime. True?

2 - When using an amp without a line out cable, what is the proper volume setting?

3 - Is it really necessary to use a screen protector for home (non-portable) use? If so, what are people using?

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #171 of 767
Ugh, all this talk about line out cables is making me anxious to see if anyone on Head-Fi has made a working one yet. It seems that guy on the Sansa forums made one, but I'd like to see pictures and maybe some "proof". Having a line out would be nice...

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #175 of 767
yeah, there is no reason why gapless could not be implemented. Previous sansas were not gapless with the original firmware, but with rockbox they were gapless. It is not the hardware. I guess it is a matter of priority, but sansa does listen to users.

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #176 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to note, the fuze has an excellent synergy with the FIIO 3, I tried it today with my senn hd 595 and was blown away. Sounded better with the FIIO than my touch 2g and sony s738! Good stuff indeed, more updates please sandisk, like maybe a better looking GUI. Then were talking close to perfection
biggrin.gif

match made in heaven huh. My FiiO should arrive any time soon.

Currently I pair my fuze/clips with a Sennheiser CX300 + Ultimate Ears single flange medium tips + ER4P 75 ohm adapter. It sounds like heaven. Soundstage is INCREDIBLE. Lows, mids and highs are perfectly balanced. There is such a punch and body to the music.

The key is the Ultimate Ears tip. The CX300 sounds terrible with other tips.

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #177 of 767
Other then Ipods, what other current production mp3 player supports gapless? I can't think of any.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #180 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
match made in heaven huh. My FiiO should arrive any time soon.

Currently I pair my fuze/clips with a Sennheiser CX300 + Ultimate Ears single flange medium tips + ER4P 75 ohm adapter. It sounds like heaven. Soundstage is INCREDIBLE. Lows, mids and highs are perfectly balanced. There is such a punch and body to the music.

The key is the Ultimate Ears tip. The CX300 sounds terrible with other tips.

Really it's amazing how good this combo sounds, I wouldn't recommend FIIO for a sensitive iem as it hisses quite a bit. But for normal cans or low sen. iems it's the sh**t. I can't believe how good it sounds with my senn 595's. I mean you can get the 595 for 180.00 the fuze for 48.00 and the fiio for 8.00, throw in a micro card- load up some FLAC, and your set. Thats alot of sonic goodness for cheap
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back