Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Nov 24, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #121 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you upgrade to the new firmware yet? If not I would try that.

That did not help either. It still froze at the same place.

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #122 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by HulkSmashNow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't blame you for hesitating. I've heard of some people actually sanding down parts of their clear cases for better access to their cards and sync ports. But, it doesn't really bother me, and it's very handy to just take the protected Fuze and put it in my pocket and go. I might try one of the InvisiShields in the future, but I'm fine with the Crystal Clear Case for now.

All the best.

I'll probably cave and buy a clear case but right now I'm just like Ihatepopupads. I'm constantly trying to remember which pocket I keep my keys in.
atsmile.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #123 of 767
I still recommend the clear cases, but they are indeed not without their problems. Today, I was able to remove mine with a small flathead jeweler's screwdriver. I actually attached the included belt clip, which works well, but is somewhat flimsy.

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #125 of 767
Hey, I with you. It is annoying. Nine million different things for iPods, and maybe a dozen or so for Fuzes or anything Sansa. Hopefully, that'll change in the immediate future.

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #126 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by I)enial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really??? Awww man, it just keeps getting better!
frown.gif

Actually, there's another solution that I've been looking into. It seems Invisible Shield has designed one just for the Fuze. I've been looking around Sansa's and ABI's forums and people seem to like it. You can get it with full body coverage or just screen coverage.

I think I might have to look into this. Link

i might order the invisible shield in the future, but one of the reasons why i got the clear case was to put some velcro tape on the back. i'm really interested to hear how the invisible shield fits. actually, i just measured it again and it adds more than 50% thickness... almost 100% making it 2x thicker unless i'm measuring wrong

codeformoney, let us know how it goes

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulkSmashNow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still recommend the clear cases, but they are indeed not without their problems. Today, I was able to remove mine with a small flathead jeweler's screwdriver. I actually attached the included belt clip, which works well, but is somewhat flimsy.

psh, you don't even need to use a screwdriver. i stick my usb cable in the connector, and since the connector doesn't go all the way in, i slightly force it in and the case pops open at that corner. lol. voila, you can now pry it open

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #127 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
psh, you don't even need to use a screwdriver. i stick my usb cable in the connector, and since the connector doesn't go all the way in, i slightly force it in and the case pops open at that corner. lol. voila, you can now pry it open

I realized that today when I popped out my microSD card. I had to use a ballpoint pen, and when I reached in to get the card out, the case popped open at the joint. Good to know.

All the best.

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #128 of 767
eek.gif

Screwdriver? Ballpoint pen? 2x thicker? You realize that you guys aren't helping at all, right???
tongue.gif

I'd go with Invisible Shield right now if I didn't have the coordination and dexterity of an elephant.

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #129 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by codeformoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the invisibleSHIELD.. it said it has been shipped.. we'll see how it goes.

I'll be interested in hearing how it works out for you. I've been considering one for the Fuze and possibly the Blackberry Storm.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #130 of 767
Is this a good enough source to use with a tube amp like the Woo 3+ and HD650s? At least for a while until I can buy a better source?

Is anyone using it with a line-out cable? If so, does it make an appreciable difference going into an amp compared with the HP output?

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #131 of 767
Can anyone tell me whether this player can read Asian characters or whether I can update the player somehow so that it can?? (mainly Korean for me)

I remember having the clip and returning it because more than half of my music title looked like gibberish
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #132 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone tell me whether this player can read Asian characters or whether I can update the player somehow so that it can?? (mainly Korean for me)

I remember having the clip and returning it because more than half of my music title looked like gibberish
frown.gif

Weird. My Clip displays all the Chinese characters flawlessly, with just the original (North American) firmware... Korean requires another firmware?

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #133 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be interested in hearing how it works out for you. I've been considering one for the Fuze and possibly the Blackberry Storm.
smily_headphones1.gif

I already got the invisibleSHIELD now but no Fuze to put it on yet lol.. Won't be getting the Fuze until this Friday.. I'll report back either on Sat/Sun
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #134 of 767
Just got one. Black 8Gb + 8Gb micro SDHC. It sounds fantastic, much better than the Ipod Video 5g and a clear improvement over the Ipod+amp. Finally I can get rid of my player + amp setup!

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #135 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got one. Black 8Gb + 8Gb micro SDHC. It sounds fantastic, much better than the Ipod Video 5g and a clear improvement over the Ipod+amp. Finally I can get rid of my player + amp setup!

I also got one as I have noted in several threads about this one already. Using it with my ATH-ESW10JPNs it has great synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back