Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Oct 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #31 of 767
Likewise sold a clip and bought an 8 fuze and use some 8 gig micro sd cards. Sounds is the same, to my ears, as the clip and the expandability and ability to easily see info on the screen is fantastic.

To my ears it's the best dap i've ever heard and I prefer it to IPODs, cowons and the liek for its musicality.

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #32 of 767
How are the controls and the UI on the clip and fuze? That is actually my biggest concern.

How fast and easy is it to navigate between menus, search for songs and forward/rewinding in tracks.

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #33 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are the controls and the UI on the clip and fuze? That is actually my biggest concern.

How fast and easy is it to navigate between menus, search for songs and forward/rewinding in tracks.

To be honest, the UI is rather boring. But, I find it very easy to use. I keep my Fuze in my shirt pocket and have no trouble navigating the basics like volume, pause, FF, and rewind without taking it out.

Oct 24, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #34 of 767
So I went for it and picked up an 8gb Fuze and an 8gb expando, which cost 125 bucks shipped together and arrived 2 days after the night I ordered (amazon)

Basically... only now do I know just how crappy my stolen zen vision really was.

I've got a converter to get an aux in into the trunk of my car where the optional cd changer hookup is. with the zen, I could only run out of it at about 50% volume, because any higher and it would start to distort, which means when I was listening through the player, I'd have to turn the volume way up to get a normal listening level, and it sounded fine, but it was clear that the SQ was way better running cd's through stock dash deck.

Not so with the fuze. I can run it at full power out of the player so that it matches the volume of the built-in cd player with no distortion (apparently the pre-amp in in the trunk is pretty high impedance and the zen just couldn't drive it), no loss of bass (that I can tell) and sitting in the parking lot I couldn't tell any difference in SQ between the cd player and the fuze, so on the road it'll be a non-issue.

and now I've got a decent portable whether I'm driving or flying. good stuff. It's almost as if the guy who smashed my window for my crappy old zen did me a favor.

almost.

Oct 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #35 of 767
I can only wish he can roll down the windows from outside without smashing the windows though.

Fuze definitely a good player with superb SQ. Among the best flash player with expandable memory.

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #36 of 767
OK, that's it! I've placed my order for a 8 Gb black Sansa Fuze. It will be delivered Monday.

Thank you, for helping me decide what DAP to purchase. You guys are great!
atsmile.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #37 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by RipRapRob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, that's it! I've placed my order for a 8 Gb black Sansa Fuze. It will be delivered Monday.

atsmile.gif

You won't be disappointed.. I have tried a few different DAPs, not including the D2, but the Fuze makes me feel guilty for having such a great device at such a low cost.

I am actually considering selling my DAC/Amp and just using the Fuze for all of my listening as I can't tell a difference while using my UM2s..
wink_face.gif

-Robert

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #38 of 767
Quote:

atsmile.gif

I didn't know you could get the 8 gig Fuze in black.

Oct 25, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #40 of 767
Ok, I broke down and bought an 8gb silver Fuze from Amazon, mainly because you all have sold me on the SQ and the expandability of the microsd slot. I'm going to yank the 4gb sd card out of my phone to use until the 16gb card price comes down a bit.

Now, if someone would just hurry up a 32gb card to market, this little $100 unit could become a 40gb flash player with FLAC support...
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #41 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLightOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the Fuze have line-out capability? If so, how? If not, how are people using amps with it?

Only through a docking station unfortunately (the dock of the Fuze needs to be powered up). One of their engineers confirmed that it would be possible to enable line-out manually in a future firmware, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a shame really with line out this would be one of the best players around IMHO.

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #42 of 767
First of all, thanks for this thread. I got my 4GB red Fuze at Mega-Lo-Mart following a bit of research, and when I discovered that the Fuze and the Clip (of which I have a 4GB version) sounded the same.

I've been very pleased with it so far, and have a nice 4GB MicroSD plugged in to double to capacity. That's a really great feature.

I also purchased the Sansa Fuze 3-in-1 kit with the leather grain body glove and hardshell case at Best Buy, and it fits and protects my Fuze very well.

All in all, one of the best DAP purchases I've ever made, and that's after paying $61 for a 4GB Clip!

All the best.

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #43 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know you could get the 8 gig Fuze in black.

In Denmark you can
dt880smile.png

As I understand it, the black one is only available in Europe and the silver only in the US.

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #44 of 767
I has arrived!

I bought it for a number of reasons (SQ, expandability, no iTunes etc), and off course; a nice design didn't hurt.

But: It's beautiful!

It's just lying here, recharging for the first time, and looking gorgeous.

I had decided that I wasn't going to by any kind of protection for it, since it was relatively cheap (compared to an iPod), but I've changed my mind.

What protection should I buy for it? Something that protect it, and still shows how nice it looks.

Or maybe something in leather, to keep it nice and protected.

(Now stop charging, damn it!
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #45 of 767
Quote:

I has arrived!

I bought it for a number of reasons (SQ, expandability, no iTunes etc), and off course; a nice design didn't hurt.

But: It's beautiful!

It's just lying here, recharging for the first time, and looking gorgeous.

I had decided that I wasn't going to by any kind of protection for it, since it was relatively cheap (compared to an iPod), but I've changed my mind.

What protection should I buy for it? Something that protect it, and still shows how nice it looks.

Or maybe something in leather, to keep it nice and protected.

(Now stop charging, damn it!
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I just bought a screen protector and a rubber case for it. The rubber case came with a strap for running, which is what I use my primary Fuze use. The screen protector is for when it is in my pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back