Wow, I miss speakers,
Apr 15, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #46 of 52
Running a pair of Mission M33 floorstanders from my NAD atm, but id liek to (eventually) move up to a full Quad setup. Headphones for the intimate, flatmate friendly listening, but speakers and the dial at 11 for whenever i need to just bathe in the audio.

Apr 16, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #47 of 52
Wow, I see there are two other Amphion Xenon owners in this thread. I also have silver. The silver matches my tv and componets. I also own the Green Mountian Audio Callistos in a bedroom system. Each system has a different sound, but enjoyable none the less. I only listen to headphones late at night so I don't wake everyone else up.

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
I Completely agree here..
(Am among those whom do not have the $100 K to drop on an OK sounding hifi setup with speakers..)

furthermore, my house/room is not set up for an audiophile sys properly with regards to acoustics and "escaping Dynamics" in the stereo/3D Image..

Since when do you need 100k for an okay sounding speaker setup?
confused.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #49 of 52
My cans are Alessandro MS-1 because they sound very much like my speaker system consisting of Axiom audio M50 towers for mains, M3 bookshelf vertical and inverted for center, and two M3s for surrounds. With a DIY sealed sub driven by 270W pushing a 12" Dayton Titanic driver.

Good musical system that does a great job on home theater.

Sounded better in our old home with magically better acoustics.......I use my cans now for serious stereo listening.

Apr 22, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #50 of 52
I love to sit in front of my Martin Logan (aeons i). I love headphones dont get me wrong but their is no substitute for a good 2 channel setup. I listen to my headphones at night before I go to sleep.
icon10.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
Celestion SL600's with 6000 subs. but my 555's sound better!

http://static.flickr.com/44/128942423_017299bd4e_o.jpg

Awesome!!! The Celestion 3 bookshelves are the speakers that converted me to this insane hobby. I had a pair of SL12i... alas, someone broke them. <sob!> I am still a 2-way speaker fan to this very day.

Too bad the company has since lost its edge.

Recently, I succumbed to the speakers temptation again and bought a pair of B&W CM1 (2 way bookshelves
icon10.gif
) I think I'm in love again.....

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #52 of 52
I use my dad's stereo when I feel the need, and my computer speakers occasionally.

I really love speakers, perhaps more than I like headphones, but with headphones you get so much more bang-for-your-buck.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back