Wow, Grados are pure bliss!
Feb 23, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #16 of 60
I hope I enjoy the Grado sound, but I honestly don't know what to expect. You see, the general consensus is that Grados are bright, and the only bright sounding pair of headphones I own are the MDR - CD6's; which more or less completely lack a low end. Without ever hearing the SR-60's, I'm having an extremely hard time imagining the sound signature of the Grados to be anything but utterly dry sounding, and yet I am told that the SR-60's have great bass for their price range

In any event, I hope to become a fan of Grados in approximately 2 days - when Todd says my headphones will arrive.
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #17 of 60
you also live in white plains, which means on March 1st you can head to Queens and check out a monster Head-fi regional meet and gorge yourself on all Grados on earth. take advantage of this opportunity!

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #18 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you also live in white plains, which means on March 1st you can head to Queens and check out a monster Head-fi regional meet and gorge yourself on all Grados on earth. take advantage of this opportunity!

Ahh, now there's something to look forward to! Is there a particular thread or someone I can speak with to learn more about this meet?

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #19 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, now there's something to look forward to! Is there a particular thread or someone I can speak with to learn more about this meet?

here ya go!
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213821

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 60
I absolutely love my SR-80s....and iGrados for that matter. It's like riding a sonic rollercoaster...they're so much fun. They were pretty uncomfortable at first, but they're getting much better with time. I wish I had more time to listen to them, because of my schedule, I can only listen to them for about 40 minutes per day.

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #21 of 60
Friday, (Tomorrow), is my annoy the **** out of everyone I work with day, and thusly I use my SR60s at work all day. Though they're the low end Grados I know I love their sound and that I will need to upgrade at some point in the not to near future.

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by discoball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone!

I've been reading these forums for months now.

Just wanted to thank everyone who has praised Grado headphones. Got my SR-225 today and they absolutely ROCK!. I was happily living with my Senn HD-650 before but now I can't stop listening to my new Grados. I know the senns are somewhat high-end but I gotta admit, the grado sound is just so much more alive and musical.

The bad thing is... I kinda started thinking about getting RS-1
rs1smile.gif

225s better than HD650s???????????

"Hold it hold it..... is this a kissing book?" Fred Savage------

Feb 23, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bliss...I agree ..I just got my 325i's today as well.
after reading all threads on the 325i
I was expecting a horrible, overly bright, heavy, colored and uncomfortable headphone instead i got ..well..bliss.
biggrin.gif

Hey adanac, did you get your 325i's in Canada? I'm also looking for one but I'd rather get one here so i don't have to pay custom

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

Well, .. i guess i would have to concede on that one. They are a tad heavy...in fact i think they may be starting to give me a sore neck?
mad.gif

but the bliss is worth it
biggrin.gif

yeah, you know, for me, it's not even so much the weight, but the way that the pads are, i wear those thick black rimmed "designer" glasses, and the pads are perfectly positioned to press them against my skull, and i get about 4 hours before it hurts like hell, i would do c pads, but not for the price that they're charging, i'm going to get an extra set of beyer pads and make an adapter out of some 3/16 neoprene, badda bing, i'm goin to bed, i wish my 325's were comfy.......

Feb 23, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussell6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, you know, for me, it's not even so much the weight, but the way that the pads are, i wear those thick black rimmed "designer" glasses, and the pads are perfectly positioned to press them against my skull, and i get about 4 hours before it hurts like hell, i would do c pads, but not for the price that they're charging, i'm going to get an extra set of beyer pads and make an adapter out of some 3/16 neoprene, badda bing, i'm goin to bed, i wish my 325's were comfy.......

Something that you may want to consider if the comfort problem persists, is the reversed and modded 414s. I have the similar MS2i and although I don't have a problem with bowls, I did give them a shot with the reversed 414s and found the sound to be a bit degraded to MY ears, but the comfort and stability WAS enhanced, and since I recall that my wife, who wears glasses, and who has worn my MS-1s with reversed 414s with no problem, then perhaps the 414s may be worth a shot.

....maybe.

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #26 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We'll see you there!

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #27 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weebles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
225s better than HD650s???????????

"Hold it hold it..... is this a kissing book?" Fred Savage------

Certainly a very bold statement eh?

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #28 of 60
First of all, congrats!

Second, I have said it before and will say it again. Get LIBERATORS for your SR225 and dont waist your time with RS1, IMO.
If you want something that really surprise you, than RS2 is one to look at. But if you take this step, dont forget about tube amp for it.
But once again, SR225 is more than ENOUGH for ROCK.

Enjoy
k1000smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by discoball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone!

I've been reading these forums for months now.

Just wanted to thank everyone who has praised Grado headphones. Got my SR-225 today and they absolutely ROCK!. I was happily living with my Senn HD-650 before but now I can't stop listening to my new Grados. I know the senns are somewhat high-end but I gotta admit, the grado sound is just so much more alive and musical.

The bad thing is... I kinda started thinking about getting RS-1
rs1smile.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #29 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by newguru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Certainly a very bold statement eh?

No, not at all.

This hobby is the epitome subjectivity.

As an example, I prefer even the SR-60s to the HD650s. I think Sennheisers are the most overrated phones on the planet. I'm not being bold with that statement, I am just voicing my own personal opinion based on real world experience. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would beg to differ and are obviously free to voice their own opinions as well.

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

I was expecting a horrible, overly bright, heavy, colored and uncomfortable headphone

I gotta ask -- if you were really expecting all that, why on earth did you buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back