Wow...Clubs are bloody loud
May 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #16 of 48
Drink beer and look at the "menu"...
wink.gif

May 20, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 48
i prefer a good bar with drinks that arent watered down over a club anyday....

besides, has anyone heard club/house/trance/whatever the crap they play at clubs....bleh! Give me some good classic southern rock and a jack and coke and i'm a happy man!

May 21, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm... leave as quickly as possible and head to the nearest decent bar.

Besides, those kinds of places usually don't even have any good beer... shame.
frown.gif

Well.... people generally dont go to clubs for the beer or to 'talk' to other people.
wink.gif

May 21, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well.... people generally dont go to clubs for the beer or to 'talk' to other people.
wink.gif

Exactly. The title of this thread clearly says clubs not pubs.

If you want a Chimay or Westmalle you're not going to seek it out at a club.

May 21, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #21 of 48
I've only once had a really good time at a club, in my limited experience of them, in the now gone Velfarre club in Tokyo, when it wasn't so busy.

Nowadays, I don't drink, so, more so than before, getting tanked up and destroying your hearing doesn't appeal to me.

May 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #22 of 48
I work in a club and both have gotten used to it, and also already have mild hearing loss from my childhood. Sure, sometimes I'm bothered when the bass is turned up so high that glassware is falling off the edges of counters, but otherwise I've just gotten to where I can mostly ignore how loud the music is.

May 21, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #23 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly. The title of this thread clearly says clubs not pubs.

If you want a Chimay or Westmalle you're not going to seek it out at a club.

Well, the OP did ask what I do in a club... and if, by some freak chance, I ever found myself to be in one of these "clubs", then it would mean that I had somehow lost my sense of direction on the way to the local pub and wandered, unknowingly, into the place.

So, if I were in a club, it would mean that I wasn't supposed to be there, and I would leave as quickly as possible and head back on my way to the good beer.
icon10.gif

May 21, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #24 of 48
The worst part is even if they have a nice system, they put the volume so high its distortion city. I don't understand, completely ruins the music. But I guess that's how people like it.

May 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #29 of 48
When I used to go out, I avoided places like you describe in preference to quiet, dark places where you could meet and talk to very interesting people and get slowly and fabulously loaded. When I went to loud clubs, however, I had enough "fun" that I didn't really want to go back any time soon and my friends who did frequent those sort of places didn't really want me to be with them there. It worked out for everyone in the end.

May 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The worst part is even if they have a nice system, they put the volume so high its distortion city. I don't understand, completely ruins the music. But I guess that's how people like it.

Some clubs have very good sound systems that don't distort at loud volumes. I remember one club I used to like that had the subwoofers built into a stage area so it used the actual stage for air, I could stand by the subs it and the insides of my body would shake from the low frequnecies. I used to love that feeling. You had to be there.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back