Would you say that the RE-Zero's are Much better then the RE0's?
Nov 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #16 of 28
They're both plug and play, just the Zero has an extra bit of wire/plastic that does add a little more bulk. I keep mine in a generic £2 case off eBay, but otherwise I guess one might be prone to losing the bits. I can honestly say that they've never bothered me. Also note that the Zero is not exactly an 'upgrade' over the RE0, just a slightly different sound. And I mean slightly. The RE0 has that endless treble but the Zero has smooth, liquid mids and slighlty beefed out midbass, but mostly they are very similar in sound. The RE0 is 64ohm impedance and improves with an amp, the Zero is 16ohm impedance and is mostly fine unamped. It depends on what you want.
My point here being that if you actually want to upgrade significantly later on, you'll probably have to look at something well above the Zero - The CK10/RE252 or the like. It might be worthwhile if you lose/break the RE0 and want to replace them with something similar, but I wouldn't buy the Zero in a few months time and expect an entirely different experience. Both phones get you surprisingly high in the IEM tree - the IEMs that out-and-out beat them are few in number and cost several times as much.

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #17 of 28
as i said before , if you live in uk

a guy living in uk is seling an unused/new re-zero for 52 pounds

it still has 11 months of warranty

i am curious how come this isn't sold yet....

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #18 of 28

Quote:
They're both plug and play, just the Zero has an extra bit of wire/plastic that does add a little more bulk. I keep mine in a generic £2 case off eBay, but otherwise I guess one might be prone to losing the bits. I can honestly say that they've never bothered me. Also note that the Zero is not exactly an 'upgrade' over the RE0, just a slightly different sound. And I mean slightly. The RE0 has that endless treble but the Zero has smooth, liquid mids and slighlty beefed out midbass, but mostly they are very similar in sound. The RE0 is 64ohm impedance and improves with an amp, the Zero is 16ohm impedance and is mostly fine unamped. It depends on what you want.
My point here being that if you actually want to upgrade significantly later on, you'll probably have to look at something well above the Zero - The CK10/RE252 or the like. It might be worthwhile if you lose/break the RE0 and want to replace them with something similar, but I wouldn't buy the Zero in a few months time and expect an entirely different experience. Both phones get you surprisingly high in the IEM tree - the IEMs that out-and-out beat them are few in number and cost several times as much.

Thank You for clearing that up! Is there a picture somewhere that shows both of these how they look entirly, on the head direct site they dont even show the whole headphones, Ive seen the 0's in some youtube videos, I cant seem to find any pics or vids of the Zero though.

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #20 of 28
Both ClieOS's and Rawrster's review have pictures of the hard and soft adapters in action. The soft adapter is really not all that bulky, only annoyance is that you end up with a double L plug that causes an interesting zigzag.

Also the perspective on that picture makes the adapter look HUGE. It's really not all that big, about 2x2x1cm. I only ever use it for amps.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #22 of 28
You'll only get one channel, possibly down both earphones. The sound down at least one of them will be distorted and cause you great unahppiness. That is unless you've got a magical sample of a balanced DAP from Head-Direct or one of the Cowon players that works with the TRRS jack. They don't provide a balanced signal, but the HP input is arranged so that the ground makes contact with both the lower ring and sleeve. Unless you've actually got a Cowon player I wouldn't worry about it
tongue.gif

On another note, the fact that the RE-ZERO is n longer limited gives me renewed hope that we might actually get this mysterious balanced DAP. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #23 of 28
I wanna thank everyone who has helped me out here, sorry for for the noobness lol, I have decided to go with the RE0's, I will let everyone know how I like them! Again Thanks, Much Appreciated!

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #24 of 28
Oh and another thing (I know last question! lol), when I get them, I should just leave them playing music for a long time? I have never heard of "burning in" a headphone till this site!

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #25 of 28
Best method of burn-in: put 'em in your ears and listen. You can also just leave them plugged in on shuffle or whatever for 20 hours if it makes you feel better.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #26 of 28

Quote:
Oh and another thing (I know last question! lol), when I get them, I should just leave them playing music for a long time? I have never heard of "burning in" a headphone till this site!

I found the RE0s settled on their signature at about the 100 hour mark, but felt an increase in bass, slightly smoother mids and tamer highs at about 50 hrs.

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #28 of 28
ampcity

or amazon.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back