Would You Buy A 3D TV?
Apr 14, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #46 of 65
easiest question ever! I would not buy a 3D TV or any kind of TV cuz I have not enough time to watch TV when good shows are on =(

Apr 14, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #47 of 65
Yes, because I want to watch The Creature from the Black Lagoon, House of Wax, Avatar, and Bolt ad infinitum.

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #50 of 65
Unless it's some Matrix experience, no.

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #51 of 65
Me neither, only bought my 720p Panny plasma last May and that does me fine.
Might invest in a 3D projector when I ever get around to building my home cinema, don't think 42" is big enough for a 3D experience.

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #52 of 65
Hell no. I just spent a small chunk on Samsung 46" LCD. That should hold me over for a few years.

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #54 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably not. Heck, I'm still sporting a CRT TV.

Same here. They still haven't developed a technology that can touch the black levels from a CRT so I have no incentive to move on.

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #55 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
easiest question ever! I would not buy a 3D TV or any kind of TV cuz I have not enough time to watch TV when good shows are on =(

There is this amazing thing called DVR now that allows you to record and watch shows whenever you like. It also allows the ability to fast forward through commercials making a normal 60 minute show completed in ~42 minutes, giving your life back precious minutes lost to be used elsewhere interacting with human beings.

You should look in to it. I imagine it may already be available in a rural place like NYC.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #57 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgottenxxRebel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think that's why i'm not impressed. the tvs look nice in the store with the nature programming that must be a dvd. but the hdtvs i've seen in real life are disappointing. i've only seen cable and it sucks. some of the channels like sports channels have really blurry kinda breaking up picture and what's not hd is in analog and looks fuzzy. i saw some of the olympics in hd, the hockey games didn't look much better. especially with the 'try again' messages popping up on screen from the cable box.
frown.gif
with a really great tv service thats 1080p it would look good, but as long as its crappy cable with analog channels it's not.

Don't go by what it looks like the store they always over set the brightness and dim the lights to make all the TV sets look amazing. If you spend good money on a TV set you're going to want to tweak/calibrate it properly (not too different from our beloved little obsession
L3000.gif
). Try AVSForums, they have a quite a bit of info if you get bored and want some info on HD :p

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #58 of 65
Apr 16, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #59 of 65
I couldn't understand the point either, until someone pointed out that the main application for 3D would be games, not movies.

That said, all the hoopla about 3D smacks of desperation from TV manufacturers faced with the faster than expected fall in flat panel prices.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #60 of 65
No. It's a fad. I hope it passes quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back