Would i notice any difference in sound quality from an external usb Dac?
Oct 10, 2010 at 6:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

abeeb

New Head-Fier

[size=medium]
Would inotice any difference in sound quality from an external usb Dac, such as the Fiio E7 USB DAC.
My Music Tastes are pop, rock, drum and bass, rap, well pretty much anything really.
Do you have any advice for me?
[/size]

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 7
It really depends on a lot of different factors.

Having recently played with an E9, I've become even more convinced of the benefits of a good quality external DAC like the E7 can bring.

If your current internal sound card's quality is already pretty good, then the differences will not be as dramatic. But if you are like me and uses a notebook as a main computer, then the improvement brought by an E7 over the internal sound solution is rather dramatic.

The E7 is also portable, so even if you don't keep it tethered to your computer all the time, there are other uses it's great for. And if you ever get some difficult to drive headphones, the E9 can be added later to work with the E7 to provide more volume than you'll ever need, even with low sensitivity 600Ohm headphones.

Jack

Dec 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 7
The E7 is almost like an external soundcard that provides a lot more power to your headphones.  So if you had a bad soundcard to start with then it would be an upgrade.  If you are using headphones that require more juice than normal to drive, you will also notice an improvement in sound quality.  Basically, I'd say that if you didn't build your computer yourself and just got a standard package, then it will be better than your stock sound card. 

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #6 of 7

sari0n said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

The E7 is almost like an external soundcard that provides a lot more power to your headphones. So if you had a bad soundcard to start with then it would be an upgrade. If you are using headphones that require more juice than normal to drive, you will also notice an improvement in sound quality. Basically, I'd say that if you didn't build your computer yourself and just got a standard package, then it will be better than your stock sound card.

Nice writing, Thanks for your sharing! Now I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back