Would a Fiio E6 make a difference with the beats by dr. dre tours?
Jan 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

illegaltoast

New Head-Fier
Now I know that most of you hate beats by dr. dre, but I have recently purchased a Fiio E6 and love it with my Sony XB-500's but I need something more portable. I had a pair of beats by dr. dre tour's but the faceplate came off of them so I sent them in. I'm now trying to decide between selling the pair they sent me back (NIB) for around 125$ or just opening them and using them with my Fiio. The thing is idk if the amp will make them sound great (when I used them before they broke and before I had the amp the bass was actually ok) or just make them turn to complete static like all other earbuds i've tried it with. Please help.

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 9
Sell and buy your self a new set of cans!! Your questions is kind of silly. :)

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 9
Get rid of those POS overpriced cans.

A pair of Panasonic HTF-600 are better at $30.

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #4 of 9
Welcome to Head-Fi. I am sorry and will apologize on behalf of the lesser...mature Head-Fi'ers we have. The Tour's are never recommended due to how bad they are for the price and if you can, should be swapped and should be swapped for something like the TF10 or GR07. don't have those two but they are very popular. you can look into them. but otherwise. I have never tried my E5 (more or les the same) with a sensitive IEM. but the tour's and other consumer earbuds should not be sensitive at all and should pair nicely with the E6. if the hiss sounded too much for you on ur other consumer earbuds. then i doubt you would get better results with the tours. I just had a person in my last class tell me his tours just broke. 

So basically; does it hiss a lot on your other "consumer" or regular earbud In your opinion? If yes, then it should deliver close results on the Tours (should, don't know)

If you can easily return it. i would say to go look at the GR07 or TF10. the TF10 has many reviews and you will see. it's MSRP price is $460 after tax, but is sold currently @ $160 and can be bought for $100 during deal times. so if you see reviews on it that have an outrageously higher price than what you saw on amazon. it's bc the retailers dropped the price by a lot.
they are both loved on Head-Fi, but you might still get the hiss problem the E6 is a beginner amp. most use better amp's with the IEM's

any questions?

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 9
Yes don't be dissuaded by some of the less refined folks around here.

I'm new and have come across a few.....but it's not that bad once you get how the opinions will flow on certain subject matter.

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 9
I hope your not referring to me. I just kept him from wasting his time reading and getting to the point.

Quote:
Welcome to Head-Fi. I am sorry and will apologize on behalf of the lesser...mature Head-Fi'ers we have. The Tour's are never recommended due to how bad they are for the price and if you can, should be swapped and should be swapped for something like the TF10 or GR07. don't have those two but they are very popular. you can look into them. but otherwise. I have never tried my E5 (more or les the same) with a sensitive IEM. but the tour's and other consumer earbuds should not be sensitive at all and should pair nicely with the E6. if the hiss sounded too much for you on ur other consumer earbuds. then i doubt you would get better results with the tours. I just had a person in my last class tell me his tours just broke. 

So basically; does it hiss a lot on your other "consumer" or regular earbud In your opinion? If yes, then it should deliver close results on the Tours (should, don't know)

If you can easily return it. i would say to go look at the GR07 or TF10. the TF10 has many reviews and you will see. it's MSRP price is $460 after tax, but is sold currently @ $160 and can be bought for $100 during deal times. so if you see reviews on it that have an outrageously higher price than what you saw on amazon. it's bc the retailers dropped the price by a lot.
they are both loved on Head-Fi, but you might still get the hiss problem the E6 is a beginner amp. most use better amp's with the IEM's

any questions?

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #8 of 9
If you see my join date, thats this month. But i have been lurking on here for a while. If you want to go through all my previous post you can see i havent asked questions that make you wonder "why did he just ask that?" . I come here to learn and appreciate the art of headphone audio. With that said, lets all have a good day! And if little comments like those made him jump off this forum, then maybe thats a good way to weed out the bad seeds. Who knows.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
If you see my join date, thats this month. But i have been lurking on here for a while. If you want to go through all my previous post you can see i havent asked questions that make you wonder "why did he just ask that?" . I come here to learn and appreciate the art of headphone audio. With that said, lets all have a good day! And if little comments like those made him jump off this forum, then maybe thats a good way to weed out the bad seeds. Who knows.

To each his own opinion. You want this to be strictly high end audio. We have forums where people relax like that. no noobies. The rest of us see this as helping newbies. But yes, to each his own. head fi is a large site and can suit both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back