Worth getting the FiiO E7 over E1 and or E5?
Sep 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Totally Dubbed

aka 1337 Gamer
aka totallydubbed2
aka TotallydubbedHD
I have the E5 + E1, although i only use the E5 with my Westone 2's.
Mainly because it has the bass boost option.

I was wondering if, the E7, would be good to splash out on?
Or should i wait until the e5 magically breaks down?

I know it's only £60 to spend, but it's worth asking :)

I'll run it either on a iphone 4, or a Galaxy S. Tending for the Galaxy as it's android :p
(Haven't bought the smartphones yet, currently own a 64 GB iPod touch, which i am looking to sell soon!)

Thanks,
Dubbed

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #6 of 10
id say that its worth it then if it has that.  if you already have a good sound card or decent sound setup, but need more bass and volume get the e5.  if the bass and highs are crappy coming from say a laptop or mp3 player, id get the e7.  i just got the e5 for 25 shipped because i feel my desktop computer is very high end and even though i dont have a sound card ,i think the e5 will help my ad700's bass problem.

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 10
If you do not need the DAC but feel you want to upgrade, maybe you could wait for the E11? 

-edit- Heh, maybe I should've checked the date of the last post.. sorry for the bump!

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #8 of 10
Even if you don't have a need for the DAC section of the E7, it's still a very good portable amp and a worthwhile investment.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #9 of 10
If you have a high end Computer then get a nice sound card "Not Creative"!!!! You will not regret it.  I got the ASUS Xonar Xense with a built in headphone amp that is very powerful Crystal clear sound and has an EQ plus nice software.  Its Very similar to the Essence STX if you want the PC350's for a lil more cash go for the xense if you want max SQ go for the Essence barely a diff between the 2 only on paper really parts are almost exactly the same!  Do not get a creative they suck by comparison to the ASUS Essence STX/ST and The Xense even the HT Claro isn't really as nice as the ASUS Card's

Quote:
id say that its worth it then if it has that.  if you already have a good sound card or decent sound setup, but need more bass and volume get the e5.  if the bass and highs are crappy coming from say a laptop or mp3 player, id get the e7.  i just got the e5 for 25 shipped because i feel my desktop computer is very high end and even though i dont have a sound card ,i think the e5 will help my ad700's bass problem.

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #10 of 10
It seems from the OP that the OP (LOL) is willing to wait.
In that case, I think it may be better to hold out and wait for the E17 to come out: The E17 is designed as an overall upgrade to the E7, having all of it's features but also with some extra while maintaining the ability to dock into the E9.
I think you may be able to find more info at the 'FiiO New Products Guide' Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back