Worst headphones you ever heard?
Nov 15, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #61 of 81
Quote:
I wonder if there is an actually very good headphone or earbud for $5? Probably not. I always liked this cheap Phillips earbud I had with a hook around it. It had very little bass though, but still not bad for $10.

I don't know about $5, but for $13 you can get some KSC75s.

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #62 of 81
Listening to my KSC75 atm (at work). Best $13 I have ever spent... unless I compare it to my fave Chinese restaurant's House Special friend rice...then it's a toss up. :)

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #63 of 81
I'd say the Skull Candy Hesh. Its a big surprising how terrible the quality is. Here is a review about these wonderful headphones I wrote Link.

The ultimate worst headphones would have to be those tiny cheap foam covered ones they give you on airplanes or get when you buy a mic/headphone combo for your computer.

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #64 of 81

Quote:
Scullcandy skullcrushers, my friend had em and he wanted me to try it out, omg....... i don't know if its his audio files or if it was the headphones but it sounded like blown dollar tree headphones with a built in vibrator.

Replying to my own post but i take this back, i just heard the bose triport in ears today and wow..... they sounded like cheap earbuds that come with radios/cd players with a ton a bass. Instead of having the feeling of wow i can hear details i have never heard before it was more of wow i am missing soo much detail that the song sounds completely different. Its kind of like listening to someone talking while you are underwater, or how it sounds when you are standing across the street from a car that has the speaker system on full blast with closed windows and doors. terrible, just terrible.

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #65 of 81
Either Skull Candy Low Riders or Sony MDR-V150's. They sound pretty much the same, and really have no redeeming qualities.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #66 of 81
Sennheiser HD-280 PROs. The most laid back and lifeless cans I have ever heard in my life.

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #67 of 81

Quote:
Listening to my KSC75 atm (at work). Best $13 I have ever spent... unless I compare it to my fave Chinese restaurant's House Special friend rice...then it's a toss up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aren't ksc75s just amazing..it helped me get a lot of friends on board to better sound because they were unsatisfied with ibuds..And they're so cheap. I can't imagine anyone paying $30 for them at the apple store unless they got them for free.

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #70 of 81
Quote:
2$ headphones I got off of dealextreme for fun!
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.33
... they were literally falling apart right out of the package too.  I imagine if I tried to make my own transducers with some paper and wires they'd sound like these.

Those couldnt be worse than the free ones you get with airlines... hurt my ears.

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #71 of 81
I was going to say Skullcandy Hesh, but I have hear worse, in my computer class there were some generic $2 headphones for chatting that I used for music, sound would switch back and forth between one ear and the other depending on how I moved, the computer had a broken headphone port, also my friend had some earbud things that had no bass, and where there should have been bass everything got an alien tone to it, very high pitched and whinny sounding and it was on a Lil Wayne song too, I think he is whiney sounding enough without cheap earbuds making it worse.
deadhorse.gif

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #72 of 81
thanks to all for making this an enjoyable thread. I've never heard a bad pair of headphones since finding head-fi!

Nov 16, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #73 of 81
Honestly, the ridiculous thing is not which headphones I've listened to were the worst; it's which ones they weren't.  The worst headphones I've heard were NOT the pair of koss cans that I found half broken on the side of a railway in the mountains when I was 13.  No, those were better than my last set of airplane headphones.

Nov 16, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #74 of 81

Quote:
Honestly, the ridiculous thing is not which headphones I've listened to were the worst; it's which ones they weren't.  The worst headphones I've heard were NOT the pair of koss cans that I found half broken on the side of a railway in the mountains when I was 13.  No, those were better than my last set of airplane headphones.

it's quite apparent many of us think airplane headphones are the worst sounding headphones...and i must agree, I actually saw somebody wearing one around there neck on the street one day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back