Worst headphones you ever heard?
Oct 21, 2010 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

Rayz

100+ Head-Fier
What's the worst headphones you ever heard, and why? (how was it sound, what made you try them, etc').

The worst 'phones I've ever heard is any Skullcandy product.
Well, I don't know it's model, but all I know is it costs like 100$. well, it sounds like hell to me.
Some days after I've bought my beloved K701 my friend came over here to try them with his skullcandy 'phones to show me "their awesome sound".
It sound terrible. too muddy of bass. and higher bass, even not lower. almost no details, no soundstage, zero balance. was it to me like put 2 speakers right my ears. (...yes, my first experience with skullcandy. I don't know if all of Skullcandy's products has the same sound, but for 100$ product it's terrible. for 100$ you can buy HD555 or K240 and enjoy a real sound)

Well, it made me think again how people can love sound like this and call it "awesome". but anyway, a seconds after my friend heard my K701 his first respond was "...you son of a bitch man".
So I guess people should meet a real hi-fi sound.
smile_phones.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 81
Skullcandy hesh,  skull crushers, Horrible Just horrible, Or the WESC headphones

Oct 21, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 81
Skullycandy as well, as sad as it is.

I bought a GI under an influence of a friend in the engineering department from my university (strange, I know).

Once I bought my KOSS Portapro, I realized how truly crap Skullcandy headphones are... so sad.
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 81
Just getting started in this whole audiophile thing so hard to say really.  I know once I bought some decent cans and a DAC/AMP my old over-the-ear phones and old computer headset just didn't cut it lol.

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 81

Quote:
beats studio

You must have loads of money to burn, if the worst headphones you have ever heard is from Beats... XD

Or maybe I just linger in a market where cheap headphone imitations are too prominent. :p

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #8 of 81
Oct 21, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #11 of 81
Hands down the parts express mini headphones. Purchased for the headband but had a listen to them by mistake... wished for stock earbuds back immediately.

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #12 of 81
Sennheiser PC350, technically a headset, is the amongst the worst I've heard unmodded. They sound lifeless and I prefer ibuds over them for music.

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #13 of 81
Skullcandy. But after getting a pair of decent in ear monitors (shure e2c, and ultimate ears super.fi 3) for playing drums, the Vic Firth headphones are absolutely horrible

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 81
Sennheiser CX300. Bought them based on recommendations from Head-Fi. Boomy, muddy bass without any clarity or definition. Makes me shudder just to think about them.

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #15 of 81
skullcandy isn't that bad imo
there are more other brands that's worse compared to skullcandy...

Sonic Gear headphones/earphones are the first one that came in my mind when it comes to worst phones
before and after burn-in they still sound bad
even with mods,recabling,amping,eq... all of that is just a waste of time

at least skullcandy still got a little hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Back