Worst Headphone Flops!
Jul 14, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #31 of 46
Beats are a flop for the world. 300 bucks for a pair of less than mediocre headphones, and we just lap it up. Must be the amazing "Active Noise-cancelling Technology". :wink:

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #32 of 46
no1s mentioned the bower & wilkins p5 yet?

great speaker company, but a mediocre headphone (for the price) ?

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #34 of 46
still a flop considering it sounds nothing like their speakers and that they could have done a much better job. all their money was put into a fancy design and none into the driver.

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Although I don't expect anything remotely like taste from someone who has "dubstepl" in their name, I think you haven't even tried the P5 if you call them "mediocre". I've owned quite a few full size cans (including Senn HD 650) and IEMs (customized Shures were my favourite) but the P5s are definitely on par with the best of them. Then again, maybe they just don't synergise with dubstep. I know I don't...

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Although I don't expect anything remotely like taste from someone who has "dubstepl" in their name, I think you haven't even tried the P5 if you call them "mediocre". I've owned quite a few full size cans (including Senn HD 650) and IEMs (customized Shures were my favourite) but the P5s are definitely on par with the best of them. Then again, maybe they just don't synergise with dubstep. I know I don't...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! 

how to reply to this, hmmm....where should i start?.....

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #37 of 46
Ok, I claim the worst headphone award I think. These headphones epitomizes "bad headphones." They're the $2 headphones that they sell before you board the plane at Jet Blue airplanes. They're in a box, a bunch of 'em, wrapped in really cheap quality plastic. After you pay, they feel REALLY and I mean REAAAALY cheap. The range of these headphones are 0 to 1 i swear. There is absolutely no bass and it sounds all fuzzy. There is no stage, it's like tunnel vision, but for your ears. They are also EXTREMELY EXCRUCIATINGLY uncomfortable. After 5minutes, the outer ring of your ear hurts badly. I'm overwhelmed by the bad quality. Here's a pic of them (On the left) So yeah. There you go 
jetblue.jpg

You bump a 4.5 year old thread for that =/

I'll bump it again 3 months later..... 1 cuz that is toooo funny... 2 cuz this was a good thread. What happened to it? Like that AT portable phone, whatever it was, should go on here.

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #39 of 46

Really? It's comfortable, drives excellent out of iPhone / iPod, great isolation and it has an amazing design (when you wear your headphone in public, it must look good). For it's purpose as a portable headphone, it's pretty good. 

edit: Seeing how the B&W P5 are sold at Apple Stores (so they must be popular) and many people are wearing them in public, I don't think they are a flop.

edit2: Never mind, I see that this post was from 2012 :D

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #40 of 46
Focal Spirit One and Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro.

The Focal just sounded awful, next to my ATHs. I even started a thread about them (before released).

The Beyer headphone with adjustable lows had just bad lows on any setting. Sadly.

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #41 of 46
I agree with Dubstep Girl The B&W P5's are way over priced and the sound is not very good! Had a pair sold them after 1 week.
PS I like Dubsteps tastes in headphone

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #42 of 46
Focal Spirit One and Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro.

The Focal just sounded awful, next to my ATHs. I even started a thread about them (before released).

The Beyer headphone with adjustable lows had just bad lows on any setting. Sadly.

The Custom One Pros are a bargain for around $180, which is what they usually go for on Amazon. They are extremely versatile, portable and durable. They're built like tanks and have a user-replaceable cord (a first for any Beyerdynamic). They're designed to compete with the Beats, and I think they do an amazing job. The sound isn't as good as my DT 990s, but it's not bad, especially for the price and the fact that they are a closed headphone.

I nominate the Beats Pro. For $399 they didn't sell many of those uncomfortable behemoths. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #43 of 46
  I agree with Dubstep Girl The B&W P5's are way over priced and the sound is not very good! Had a pair sold them after 1 week.
PS I like Dubsteps tastes in headphone

:D just joking. I tried the P5's in a shop and did not like them too. Although in Austria iBuds prevail, here and there I see a P5.

EDIT for good manners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back