worst date stories
Mar 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,202 of 1,450
Hi guys, um, kind of don't want to spam or throw things off topic, but if anyof you guys feel like you just need a place to uh, release your anger, I made a thread by the name of the Mental Release Thread (redundtant I know), heres a link to it http://www.head-fi.org/t/708920/the-mental-release-thread

In any case I decided to try dating over the internet and it has sort of left me sad, so uh yeah heres a story about it

So I'm a freak (read first post of above thread) and a bit socially awkward, but I'm fairly calm when the conversations not face to face, so I decided it would be a (not very) good idea to try and find girls over the internet who like to play the same games as me, so I embark on a grand scheme to find a girl and date her through like voice chat and such. Anyways, the one that had lead me to success was a game by the name of Garrysmod and it basically is a (fairly cheap, about 10 dollar) sandbox toolkit that lets you create and play with various gamemodes, weapons/tools, and ragdolls. The gamemode I went for first was Trouble in Terrorist Town (often abbreviated as TTT) as it is very popular and is basically like whodunnit except everyone has a gun and can shoot eachother. I get on a server and decide to play on it a while and make friends with any regulars on the server. After doing so I become friends with them and basically just talk with them until they start talking about what kind of people go on the server, this is the part where I find out about if girls usually come on if they are at around my age. After doing this one of the guys (who is a female and is a fair amount of years older than me) tells me about a girl my age who comes on quite alot and that has alot in common with me, so I go for it and start playing at around the same time as the girl and start to befriend her...
Now at this point my original master scheme was gonna be long and drawn out, but this girl sort of made me fall head over heels and rush it (mind you I used to be and to a certain extent still am overly trusting of people). Within the next two days me and the girl had started to talk to eachother about what she's like and how I'm like (nothing incredibly personal, just general details). Anyways, the relationship takes off after a day and we start calling eachother boyfriend and girlfriend, which in my mind felt awesome as usually girls leave or just friendzone me at this point...
So things stay nice and happy, my mood elevates greatly from before and we start talking more, and we setup a sort of virtual date, where we just talk about things while doing other things. The date carries along on and it turns out she wasn't lying about anything she told me and that her voice was very nice. Now at this point I started to talk way more lovingly towards her, and this is when things had started to fall apart. it first started with her being more cold with her wording whenever we spoke, then she started to stop talking to me altogether, and then finally she decided to let me go by sending me a note in TTT telling me about how she thinks that how the relationship doesn't feel right, that she doesn't like me the same way I like her, and that she thinks we should take a break from each other as a whole. I, being incredibly angry, depressed, and resentful, decided that I should get off as quickly as possible before I explode in anger and try to just... think the anger out of myself...

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #1,205 of 1,450
I'm absolutely horrid with being intimate in any fashion in a face to face conversation
haha I thought the same way, I'm not good normally in person but with the right person it just, well, works. :)

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #1,206 of 1,450
I find myself not able to communicate with some people because of my "social" I find myself having hard time speaking to people who swears, people who say modern words like "So.I.Am.Gay", people who is overly active, and people who don't start the conversation

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #1,207 of 1,450
Funnily enough I am surprisingly good at starting conversations, just not continuing them...
I find myself not able to communicate with some people because of my "social" I find myself having hard time speaking to people who swears, people who say modern words like "So.I.Am.Gay", people who is overly active, and people who don't start the conversation

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,208 of 1,450
Hi guys, um, kind of don't want to spam or throw things off topic, but if anyof you guys feel like you just need a place to uh, release your anger, I made a thread by the name of the Mental Release Thread (redundtant I know), heres a link to it http://www.head-fi.org/t/708920/the-mental-release-thread

In any case I decided to try dating over the internet and it has sort of left me sad, so uh yeah heres a story about it

Ok, not trying to be a downer or anything, but let me put on my boring adult hat for a second...

- You're 15. Yeah life sucks. We've all been there, done that. Maybe you've had it a bit worse than others, maybe not.
- You've attributed so much of your problems to "I'm this way because ________________". Well ok, fine. You're smart enough to identify the cause. Now be smart enough to not let it be a crutch. Be something better than that.
- This thing with the girl unfolded over what... three days? a week? She "made you" fall head over heels for her? Again, "I'm _____ because of ________"
- You started off with a scheme. That never work. Ever. Not even in the movies.
- Talking "lovingly" to her... for real? Take a moment and consider how "serious" was this relationship.
- Did you come on too strong? Did you put all your eggs in one basket? Did you overwhelm her? Did you crush her underneath your loney desire to be needed and loved? Probably. Girls hate that. It's like gardening. A little bit goes a long way. A bit of water and fertilizer will keep things healthy and growing. Too much schiit will burn the ground and everything dies. Lesson learned. Move on.
- Consider this: You met a girl. You chatted up said girl. You successfully continued said conversation, managed to garble out some words resembling affection, and lord almight even received some in return and had terms of moderate endearment for each other and had a "date". Then it waned and you lost it. Well guess what, that's still 7 out of 8. At 87.5% that's practically an A+ in some gradebooks. Good job. You're way ahead of the curve against all the other schmoes.

So you failed to get the girl. Whoopdeefreekindodah. You're 15. You've got years of failure ahead of you, and no that's not a bad thing. Failure teaches you precisely all the stuff you need to know. You don't learn it by doing it right. And that's just on your end. Then there's all the girls (and boys) who will fail on their end too even when you get it right. Lots of them. That'll teach you what to stay away from. Sometimes. Unless you decide you like chasing that kind, in which case... well at least here's a place to share all the stories right?

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #1,209 of 1,450

Ok, not trying to be a downer or anything, but let me put on my boring adult hat for a second...

- You're 15. Yeah life sucks. We've all been there, done that. Maybe you've had it a bit worse than others, maybe not.
- You've attributed so much of your problems to "I'm this way because ________________". Well ok, fine. You're smart enough to identify the cause. Now be smart enough to not let it be a crutch. Be something better than that.
- This thing with the girl unfolded over what... three days? a week? She "made you" fall head over heels for her? Again, "I'm _____ because of ________"
- You started off with a scheme. That never work. Ever. Not even in the movies.
- Talking "lovingly" to her... for real? Take a moment and consider how "serious" was this relationship.
- Did you come on too strong? Did you put all your eggs in one basket? Did you overwhelm her? Did you crush her underneath your loney desire to be needed and loved? Probably. Girls hate that. It's like gardening. A little bit goes a long way. A bit of water and fertilizer will keep things healthy and growing. Too much schiit will burn the ground and everything dies. Lesson learned. Move on.
- Consider this: You met a girl. You chatted up said girl. You successfully continued said conversation, managed to garble out some words resembling affection, and lord almight even received some in return and had terms of moderate endearment for each other and had a "date". Then it waned and you lost it. Well guess what, that's still 7 out of 8. At 87.5% that's practically an A+ in some gradebooks. Good job. You're way ahead of the curve against all the other schmoes.

So you failed to get the girl. Whoopdeefreekindodah. You're 15. You've got years of failure ahead of you, and no that's not a bad thing. Failure teaches you precisely all the stuff you need to know. You don't learn it by doing it right. And that's just on your end. Then there's all the girls (and boys) who will fail on their end too even when you get it right. Lots of them. That'll teach you what to stay away from. Sometimes. Unless you decide you like chasing that kind, in which case... well at least here's a place to share all the stories right?

Thanks man :xf_eek: , I just really wanted to contribute to the thread seeing as the only other stories that I could have told more or less never made it to the date, the girl would always just... but, that's besides the point, thanks for the feed back, and I'll make sure to try to fix myself, I mean I have no other way to continue on in my life, right?

Also to respond to your comments (however unnecessary that maybe) in order:
-Yup, 15's a piece of schiit age to be at (for some), while at the same time being excellent (once again, for some), unfortunately the type of stuff that has happened over the course of my previous 15 years is something not exactly worth retelling on a thread on the internet, nor not exactly something most of my mind would be "OK" to talk about through even PM
-You are correct about the whole using this whole mental thing as a crutch, as I've done it before (and that never didn't end well), but trust me when I say I've begun trying hard to conceal this mental sickness thing so much that even trying to think of using it as a crutch anymore would blow my cover to my parents...
-it was over the course of half a week, yeah I'm not going to be that trusting ever again
-Yup, should have learned from previous mistakes but, well I didn't, I'm just a bit dumb that way, lol
-Yes I came on way too strong, I had practically terrified her, but I've changed, a lot, since this happened (forgot to say this whole thing happened a whole month ago, and I just got back from doing a lot of work in school and on myself)
-Well I guess that is something to have come out of this, I got experience from quite a smart guy and I got positive reinforcement in the shape of a percentage to how semi successful I got from said smart guy

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #1,210 of 1,450
IMO, at 15, I guess it is the best time to focus on school xP. I am not much older than you max by a year. I do find myself coming headfi than actually focusing on my math though but that's another story xP

It's not at all a MUST to be in relationship or to have "gf/bf" because others do so or your classmates/friends already have one xD just let it come naturally :3 no artificial /physical force needed for true one xD

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,211 of 1,450
Thanks man
redface.gif
, I just really wanted to contribute to the thread seeing as the only other stories that I could have told more or less never made it to the date, the girl would always just... but, that's besides the point, thanks for the feed back, and I'll make sure to try to fix myself, I mean I have no other way to continue on in my life, right?

Also to respond to your comments (however unnecessary that maybe) in order:
-Yup, 15's a piece of schiit age to be at (for some), while at the same time being excellent (once again, for some), unfortunately the type of stuff that has happened over the course of my previous 15 years is something not exactly worth retelling on a thread on the internet, nor not exactly something most of my mind would be "OK" to talk about through even PM
-You are correct about the whole using this whole mental thing as a crutch, as I've done it before (and that never didn't end well), but trust me when I say I've begun trying hard to conceal this mental sickness thing so much that even trying to think of using it as a crutch anymore would blow my cover to my parents...
-it was over the course of half a week, yeah I'm not going to be that trusting ever again
-Yup, should have learned from previous mistakes but, well I didn't, I'm just a bit dumb that way, lol
-Yes I came on way too strong, I had practically terrified her, but I've changed, a lot, since this happened (forgot to say this whole thing happened a whole month ago, and I just got back from doing a lot of work in school and on myself)
-Well I guess that is something to have come out of this, I got experience from quite a smart guy and I got positive reinforcement in the shape of a percentage to how semi successful I got from said smart guy

I'm not trying to speak for others on the thread but my take on Armaegis post was positive.  If you are shy or awkward, at least you put effort into it, if you failed at an internet date then you meet the requirements of the thread.

My first date went fine, but a few days later at a pool I thought it would be a cool thing to pop her with a wet towel, never saw that girl again.

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,212 of 1,450
  Picking up cues and body language sometimes comes with experience.  Listen, pay attention and use your intuition.  You also have to consider that the person you are looking for cues from may not know how to give them.  It is a 2-way street.  

I think I've gotten worse at that as I've grown older.
blink.gif

I don't know if I've actually gotten worse as I get older, but at least I'm realizing more and more that I'm terrible at interpreting the body language of girls I'm interested in. It doesn't help that my "type" is the bubbly, smiley type of girl who's so friendly that guys mistake it for flirting all the time. There's this girl that I'm currently interested in, and some of the things she's been saying to me would be unmistakably flirting if she were a normal girl, but nope, I won't make that assumption because she's got that "accidental flirt" personality type. The only way to find out is to ask her out, but I'm also hesitant to do that because if she says no, I'll still be seeing her every day at work.

The most unfortunate things is that most of the girls I meet have the worst voices, which makes for not so excellent conversation in general.

Audiophile problems
rolleyes.gif

I'm absolutely horrid with being intimate in any fashion in a face to face conversation

You'll only get worse and worse if you don't start forcing yourself to do it. It's like approaching strangers or asking girls out - if you force yourself to do it, you'll realize it's not so bad. If you don't, you'll become more and more afraid until the fear paralyzes you.

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #1,213 of 1,450

I don't know if I've actually gotten worse as I get older, but at least I'm realizing more and more that I'm terrible at interpreting the body language of girls I'm interested in. It doesn't help that my "type" is the bubbly, smiley type of girl who's so friendly that guys mistake it for flirting all the time. There's this girl that I'm currently interested in, and some of the things she's been saying to me would be unmistakably flirting if she were a normal girl, but nope, I won't make that assumption because she's got that "accidental flirt" personality type. The only way to find out is to ask her out, but I'm also hesitant to do that because if she says no, I'll still be seeing her every day at work.

The bubbly flirty types are so hard to read, and if you call them on it most of the time they won't believe you anyways. But heck, ask her out anyways. So what if she says no? As long as you make the attempt relaxed and casual and she turns it down with some grace, then no harm no foul, and there's no reason for things to be awkward.

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #1,214 of 1,450
The bubbly flirty types are so hard to read, and if you call them on it most of the time they won't believe you anyways. But heck, ask her out anyways. So what if she says no? As long as you make the attempt relaxed and casual and she turns it down with some grace, then no harm no foul, and there's no reason for things to be awkward.

And do the materialistic test xP somehow somewhat somewhere, a girl in my class realized I was sitting in a BMW to school... Immediately she says "hi" to me everyday whenever she sees me and tries to interact with me which she don't do to other "poor" boys or even girls. Pretty cute face but no thanks ._. Pretty much ignored all the kindness she shows these days. SO FAKE!

^just a caution :D

About courage to speak up, I literally fails it today! I promised myself that if my "ZoroHD" review gets featured, I will held my best (girl) friend's hand and tell her how I feel with no intention or expecting her to give positive responds. Ended up with telling her "bye" after school >.> I was already standing and facing the exit door in the lab waiting for her already xD but I wasn't in a good mood just now anyway for some reasons :D

Before that, earlier, was assembly time (not sure why though, at my level, there is still assembly), I was standing right behind her, found her kept on picking on me to the state that a dude around me asked her why she kept turning back looking at me. I thought it's not a good time to say anything to her so I just look at somewhere else with intention of not looking at her (eg, the big clock in the hall/stage/speaker)

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #1,215 of 1,450
Soooo I said what I wanted to say already. At first she said she wanted to have some time to think about it. So I wrote some letter to her in the mean time though I didn't show it until she told me that she couldn't go out with me and asked if we still can be friend. I got over that fast as I was prepared to hear the best/worse answer before I told her anything.

Later on, I sent her my very last letter to her. She read it and she said that she's brushing already xD and asked since when was I so "sweet" I then suggested that it was only towards her. She said she feel special now. Then we continue the talk >.> funny how it is a Whatsapp chat but I use pen and paper to write and send to her instead hehe

Kind of the worst "date" to me but okay ._.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back