Worst CD/LP you ever bought ?
Apr 2, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
Radiohead - OK Computer

Do you not like the Radiohead sound or where you just disappointed in the album?

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
I think it is the Radiohead sound in general that doesn't do it for me.

That makes sense since Ok Computer (along with The Bends) is one of my favorite Radiohead cd's. Oh well, at least you gave it a shot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
I
The Shaggs, who penned the infamous "My Pal Foot Foot" might be up for worst band of all time, except I never bought their album...

http://www.shaggs.com/album_potw.html

I saw "The sadistas sisters" at Reading Rock in 1976 - they were bottled off stage and the DJ - the great John Peel said

" stop throwing bottles - I know they are **** but there is a lot of expensive equipment up there"

Worst band in the history of everything

Apr 3, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #20 of 39
******** great anecdote man. I wish I was there for it!
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 12:57 AM Post #22 of 39
The Tired Sound Of Stars Of The Lid - Oh God, what was I thinking!?!

Apr 7, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by OneMalt

Heh that was a pitchfork recommendation IIRC. Back then I was a pitchfork whore and so I searched high and low for this record locally and gave up eventually. Good to know I didn't miss anything.

Apr 7, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by hciman77
What is the worst $15 you ever spent ?.

Try 60$....
frown.gif
:
Mal Waldron and Steve Lacy-Live at Dreher Paris 1981 vol. 1 and 2.

I'm a piano lover and I like Waldron, but free jazz is a bit too much for me. I'll keep the 4 cds who knows....

Amicalement

Apr 7, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by OneMalt

Ha, I really like this -- but I only use it as background music for working or nocturnal athletics -- on its own, I don't really think ambient music is interesting enough to listen to. If you don't like them, don't buy anything by Windy & Carl. But for pleasant droning while working, I think it is really good.

Apr 7, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Absorbine_Sr
Way back when, I bought Metal Machine Music. Two LP's of Lou Reed getting out of a contract.

A_Sr.

You know, there's people who actually like those for some reason. Not me, I couldn't stand it for more than five seconds.

Apr 7, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #29 of 39
The O.C. Supertones - The Adventures of The O.C. Supertones

Ska was popular amongst my friends, and I wanted to know what it was about. The Supertones were popular with my friends as well. What I didn't realize is that this is Christian Ska, and not very good, at that.

This was my first CD, I'm suprised it didn't turn me off the whole idea. (Luckily, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was next).

Now, I thought Los Lobos - Kiko was the worst album I had purchased when I first listened to it. A few listens later (on the way to a Head-Fi meet...) - it's great...

Apr 7, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
Ha, I really like this

Different strokes...
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back