Worst CD/LP you ever bought ?
Apr 7, 2004 at 1:38 PM Post #31 of 39
If a 45 rpm record counts in this thread my worst record was one teaching my budgie (ie bird
wink.gif
) how to talk.

Basically it was a half hour of "Pretty Bird, Pretty Bird, ..." about fifty million times. Not only did it sound awful but, although it was many years ago, my family still uses it to get back at me at family gatherings to get a few laughs ... kinda like family folklore.

Oh well, it's nice to spread joy!
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #32 of 39
i've said it before and i'll say it again. Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music". You can defend it as art all you want -- it's still just noise.

Apr 7, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music"

I always have thought it was a joke of Lou Reed.

Apr 8, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #35 of 39
Rebecca Pidgeon - The Raven

I bought this without reading anything about it, because it was on the Chesky label. I figured, what the hey, Chesky, must be recorded pretty well.

Well, that was the only good thing about the CD
mad.gif
I literally threw it in the back of my car after listening to a few tracks on it. I nearly threw it away, but thought better of it. Curse tower records for not taking returns.

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #36 of 39
Iron Maiden - Brave New World is actually the worst I have purchased. I've never had any other album that pissed me off the way this one could.
And I've had some stinkers.

Apr 8, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Rebecca Pidgeon - The Raven

I get scared just looking at that album. It has "inspid audiophile dreck" written all over it. One of those albums that might be masterfully produced - but who give a damn?

BTW, Rebecca Pidgeon is playwright David Mamet's wife, which may well explain why she got to record an album at all...

Apr 8, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote by genetic:
Quote:

Maybe you feel bad about the 45 rpm but what about the mental health of the bird?...

You know I always wondered about that poor bird.
wink.gif

BTW ... he did learn to say "pretty bird" ... but it wasn't nearly as pleasant as we'd hoped after all those annoying lessons. Maybe we should have made him listen to the record through headphones.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back