Worst Band ever
Jun 14, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #91 of 107
Coltrane:

Check out post #16 where I wrote:

Quote:

I forsee this thread going into the whole "A is bad because I think it is, B is good because I think so" then, it will progress into the whole "you must be kidding, I have listened to X amount of music and your taste MUST suck because of the amount of music I have been exposed to".

Haha.
icon10.gif

It's amusing how it came true. Yep I like creed (not the biggest fan, but hey,) and therefore I must hate music.
rolleyes.gif
Anyways, your evaluations are subjective and your opinions are not to be treated as facts even though you wish they were subscribed as facts. "You just know"? HOW?

Anyway to quote someone loosely from Head-fi (I forgot who sorry
tongue.gif
)
"An audiophile! Run!" Yep, I am running away from this. hur hur.

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #92 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
It's amusing how it came true. Yep I like creed (not the biggest fan, but hey,) and therefore I must hate music.
rolleyes.gif

Roll you eyes all you want. I'll bet you a million dollars that if you continue to listen to music one day you will say Creed sucks horribly. Its just the way it goes.

Ill bump this thread in about 5 years for you.

As you drink more wine, you stop drinking Boon's Farm. When you eat better food, you stop eating McDonalds. As you hear better headphones, you stop listening to ibuds. Tastes become more refined.

Why should this be any different for music?

What other stuff do you listen to besides Creed, by the way?

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #93 of 107
Linkin Park and numetal mostly.

Phagocytosis. Very uber-extreme grindcore. I like extreme music, but this is borderline idiotic. Perhaps more funny than "worst band" though.
evil_smiley.gif

Backstreet Boys, N'Sync and any conveyor-belt popband or boyband that some people blasphemously dare to call music.
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #94 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane
Roll you eyes all you want. I'll bet you a million dollars that if you continue to listen to music one day you will say Creed sucks horribly. Its just the way it goes.

As you drink more wine, you stop drinking Boon's Farm. When you eat better food, you stop eating McDonalds. As you hear better headphones, you stop listening to ibuds. Tastes become more refined.

I happen to agree that Creed sucks (not the worst band, though), but these comments sound a bit snobbish, and aren't based on anything concrete at all.

Jun 14, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #95 of 107
Here we go
smily_headphones1.gif

(After Nirvana and Green Day, they arent in any order)

Nirvana
Green Day
Slipknot
Insane Clown Posse
Disturbed
Buckethead
Korn
Creed
Godsmack
The Offspring
Limp Bizkit
The Bloodhound Gang
Cold Play
Milli and Bennilli (spelling?)
And any emo/nu-metal I forgot

Jun 14, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #96 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue
Here we go
smily_headphones1.gif

(After Nirvana and Green Day, they arent in any order)

Nirvana
Green Day
Slipknot
Insane Clown Posse
Disturbed
Buckethead
Korn
Creed
Godsmack
The Offspring
Limp Bizkit
The Bloodhound Gang
Cold Play
Milli and Bennilli (spelling?)
And any emo/nu-metal I forgot

The Offspring is amazing! Seriously, what are you?

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #97 of 107
Green Day might not necessarily be the worst band ever (I've heard some terrible local bands), but I certainly hate them the most. They suck, simply put. Generic chord progressions, extremely annoying lead singer, complete lack of any show of musical talent. You've got it.

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #98 of 107
Quote:

What other stuff do you listen to besides Creed, by the way?

U2 (my favourite band)
Switchfoot (my favourite band)
Starsailor
Relient K
The WallFlowers
Project 86
Coldplay
Jars of Clay
Train
etc.etc. Some other metalcore, hardcore, some pop and a bit of rap

And btw, I don't listen to stock buds not only because they are bad, but am also able to produce objective evidence that supports my opinions.

Yep, I am a "musical-Neandertal" according to you anyway...

Jun 15, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #100 of 107
I still stand by my original choice which was Smash Mouth. They are by far the worst band I have ever heard with the exception of some no-name bands I have seen before at clubs and such.

Jun 15, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #101 of 107
Quote:

Quote:

Finally, how do I know that Nickleback are making fake music? Because nobody who likes music actually likes Nickleback.

You sound like a kid that likes to argue just for the sake of arguing. Do you realize how idiotic those statements are?

FWIW, I think Creed's My Own Prison is a good album.. though I don't particularly like the remainder of their discography.

Jun 15, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #102 of 107
Quote:

McDonalds is delicious.

Jun 15, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #103 of 107
Quote:

Finally, how do I know that Nickleback are making fake music? Because nobody who likes music actually likes Nickleback.

A better guideline to go by would probably be "Nobody who makes music likes Nickleback." I'm sure there are a few music fans that listen to Nickleback - but musicians often have the best tastes, since they know what goes into making their crap-tastic songs.

Jun 15, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #104 of 107
Green Day, Hate those bastards, they are the worst sellouts I can think of, and their last few albums are ABSOLUTE S@#$. Pretentious, self absorbed, british accent faking, no talent ass clouns...

Sorry about the rant, but seriously, MTV screws themselves and these bands...

Jun 15, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #105 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
Green Day, Hate those bastards, they are the worst sellouts I can think of, and their last few albums are ABSOLUTE S@#$. Pretentious, self absorbed, british accent faking, no talent ass clouns...

Sorry about the rant, but seriously, MTV screws themselves and these bands...

I bet if Chuck had a band and someone poopooed it here, he would roundhouse kick it right off the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back