Worst Band ever
Jun 14, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #76 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Milli Vanilli - I dont think half of the members here are old enough to remember them.
Stevie B
Yoko Ono - I think she was fronting a band at one point?
Creed

hahahaha Milli Vanilli....I wasnt expecting that one; however, it definitely qualifies!

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #77 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane
I think they do a fantastic job of proving that themselves.

Care to explain how?
confused.gif

Because it is really hard to establish your opinions as a fact since what you assert is not obvious to everyone. If they really do a fantastic job at proving that they make music only for money, there should be some very obvious tell-tale signs that lead you to that conclusion.
confused.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #78 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
Care to explain how?
confused.gif

Because it is really hard to establish your opinions as a fact since what you assert is not obvious to everyone. If they really do a fantastic job at proving that they make music only for money, there should be some very obvious tell-tale signs that lead you to that conclusion.
confused.gif

I know it's going to be a rude awakening, but here's your proof - remember, listen to it with headphones on!

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ght=nickelback

Jun 14, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #80 of 107
I hate Foghat.
All my friends in high school loved them, they were grossly overplayed on rock radio, and it was agony for me. It's a personal thing; they probably don't suck in the way that Barry Manillow sucks or anything, but I can't listen to them.

Also, I simply detest rap/hip-hop. All of it. I have come to accept that it is not going to go away like I hoped and prayed, and recognize that a lot of people like it, and that's fine, but I don't get it. I really thought it would last maybe a couple of months at the most after I first saw those guys on MTV back in the 80's wearing boxers up to their chests, pants down to their knees, and friggin alarm clocks around their necks. Wrongo.

(Ok, MC Hammer was pretty fun , I must admit, but if I understand Rap/Hip Hop history correctly he was considered something of a wuss once the "gangsta" weirdness kicked in).

That's what IEM's are for; shutting out other people's subwoofers
evil_smiley.gif

To each their own.

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #81 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I know it's going to be a rude awakening, but here's your proof - remember, listen to it with headphones on!

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ght=nickelback

The download link is broken. Anyways, just because their songs sound similar, or that they do not have the best lyrics around, doesn't prove that they make music ONLY for money.
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #82 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman
The Residents.

So bad, you keep listnening to them like gawking at an accident as you drive by. You can't help it. Absolutely strange, creepy stuff.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree... I think they're interestingly great.

I would agree that they are absolutely strange, and some (ok, most) of their stuff is creepy. That's the charm for me anyway.

Frankly, I'm surprised anyone even thought to mention them - kind of an obscure group.

I can see why some would have the ' I can't help but watch / listen' feeling.

They're not for everyone, but I don't think they lack talent.

It's a little difficult to categorize them as a 'band', but I'm not sure there's really a category for what they do.

To really 'get it' it helps to see one of their extra strange live shows - totally defies desciption.

"worst ever" - hmmm.

To me, that category is reserved for bland pop crap - maybe Boyz 2 Men or something like that.

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #83 of 107
Quote:

The download link is broken. Anyways, just because their songs sound similar, or that they do not have the best lyrics around, doesn't prove that they make music ONLY for money.
tongue.gif

"hey guys, i'm running short on skirt chasin' money. let's rehash one of our hits for more dough - those saps won't even notice!"

not the certain truth, but a high probability. i'm certain nickelback would prefer this over...

"oh man. i can't write more than one song. i don't have the talent. must...write...new...song! oops it ended up the same again. oh well."
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #84 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Ramsay
I think we'll have to agree to disagree... I think they're interestingly great.

I would agree that they are absolutely strange, and some (ok, most) of their stuff is creepy. That's the charm for me anyway.

Frankly, I'm surprised anyone even thought to mention them - kind of an obscure group.

I can see why some would have the ' I can't help but watch / listen' feeling.

They're not for everyone, but I don't think they lack talent.

It's a little difficult to categorize them as a 'band', but I'm not sure there's really a category for what they do.

To really 'get it' it helps to see one of their extra strange live shows - totally defies desciption.

"worst ever" - hmmm.

To me, that category is reserved for bland pop crap - maybe Boyz 2 Men or something like that.

Completely agreed. Of course this is an opinion-based thread, but I'm going to safely say that you are WRONG if you say The Residents, one of the most progressive bands of all time, are among the worst artists to ever exist.

Sorry... but you're wrong
tongue.gif
Honestly - that's like saying Emily Dickenson is the worst writer ever!

Jun 14, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #85 of 107
Quote:

"hey guys, i'm running short on skirt chasin' money. let's rehash one of our hits for more dough - those saps won't even notice!"

not the certain truth, but a high probability. i'm certain nickelback would prefer this over...

"oh man. i can't write more than one song. i don't have the talent. must...write...new...song! oops it ended up the same again. oh well."
evil_smiley.gif

Bleh, that's what you want to think of them. I am not the biggest nickelback fan around, but the thing is that it's no surprise that their songs sounded similar (not because they are talentless) due to their writing style (I am sure your favourite band HAVE songs that sounded similar, I know mine has). If you are gonna judge their honesty by TWO songs, I think that's unfair. Given that they are not the most talented band around.

Jun 14, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #87 of 107
Quote:

Bleh, that's what you want to think of them. I am not the biggest nickelback fan around, but the thing is that it's no surprise that their songs sounded similar (not because they are talentless) due to their writing style (I am sure your favourite band HAVE songs that sounded similar, I know mine has). If you are gonna judge their honesty by TWO songs, I think that's unfair. Given that they are not the most talented band around.

i reserve judgment until that clip pops up again someday and you can hear it. after you hear it, feel free to defend them as much as you like and i'll lend an open ear. imho it's impossible to defend this band after hearing that clip
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #88 of 107
Quote:

Care to explain how?
confused.gif

confused.gif

Obviously there is no scientific evidence to support my assertions. Just like there is probably no absolute evidence to suggest the Shaggs are bad music.

Being a musical obsessive I have heard an astonishing arrays of musics. Like most others who love music, I feel I can spot a forgery most of the time. Music at its heart must be honest. It must be an attempt to express one;s innermost emotions and feelings. It is is virtually unanimously agree upon by experienced lovers that certain bands are not creating honest music. Marron 5, Nickleback, Creed, Linkin Park, Lil John, Madonna, Puddle of Mudd, and the like are certainly among those artists who are creating music for defferent reasons than why music is considered art. The reasons I consider music holy.

Can I prove it? No more than I can prove John Coltrane is the antithesis of this music. You just know.

Now, I can talk at some lengths about basic evidence of why certains artists suck. Bad lyrics, fake voice affectations, mediocre and unoriginal songwriting, but that is also obvious.

Finally, how do I know that Nickleback are making fake music? Because nobody who likes music actually likes Nickleback.

Jun 14, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #89 of 107
Quote:

edit - ok ok repost - the Worst Music Video Evar.

http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/w...sic_video.html

Oh my gosh Jahn.

Jan Terri.....I remember her.

About eight years ago my wife and I lived in a group home in Evanston for teenagers. One of the kids in there somehow got hold of a whole music video collection of Jan Terri vids, which were just...wow.

Of course, we're trying to teach the kids pro-social values like respect and kindness so I knew we shouldn't encourage them to mock this thing, but .... but .... well, just wow.

Nothing like spending an afternoon with a bunch of group home juveniles watching Jan Terri videos....

Jun 14, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #90 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
Muse

Nuff Said

No way man! Muse does have some crappy stuff but they definitely cannot be classified as the worst band ever. Muscle Museum is a great song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back